Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Jan 29, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #31 of 106
I haven't done many a/b tests but certainly (being much thicker) it carries the signal better and for 70 euros it could have been done also because if one day I wanted to get another amplifier I would already have a cable. The main reason why I got it, however, remains the fact that it is shorter and can be used better with dongles. But for now enjoy the RA2BFE and then you will have plenty of time to cuddle it... :wink:

top.jpg

P.S. It is practically the same thickness as the Effect Audio Cadmus 8w...

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #32 of 106
If you really want to give a gift to RA2BFE I recommend you get this one with a 4.4mm termination:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005006270328666.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.7.49937b3fK9S4WE&algo_pvid=cd402440-e47f-436d-a5d3-ee6d6e50907e&algo_exp_id=cd402440-e47f-436d-a5d3-ee6d6e50907e-3&pdp_npi=4@dis!EUR!328.47!213.51!!!2499.76!1624.84!@210386d117065579988372845e0915!12000036546633369!sea!IT!715642241!&curPageLogUid=oqGD070IxJvG&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

A 175 euro iem that sounds like a 1000 euro one and with an impedance of 36ohm (perfect for the RA2BFE).

P.S. It should arrive within a few days... but I already know that I will love it...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #33 of 106
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #34 of 106
Just now I was listening to the Hidizs MP145 with the iBasso DC04PRO, one of the best performing dongles also in terms of amplification with the RA1BFE and I decided to disconnect it and try the dongle directly with the iems. Result? The sound has completely emptied out... I can turn up the volume until it breaks my eardrums, this is not the problem, but anyone would hear the lack of the RA2BFE. It's really something else... and keep in mind that we're talking about the iBasso DC04PRO which drives the MP145s with ease... but absolutely in no way can it do it like the RA2BFE.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #35 of 106
https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/pula-audio-pa02/41367

Look at the frequency response graph... practically linear from start to finish... an iem bomb!!!
The Pula 2 has had some hype around it, and compared with the Oriveti oh700v... But I'm well served of IEMs 😉

Just now I was listening to the Hidizs MP145 with the iBasso DC04PRO, one of the best performing dongles also in terms of amplification with the RA1BFE and I decided to disconnect it and try the dongle directly with the iems. Result? The sound has completely emptied out... I can turn up the volume until it breaks my eardrums, this is not the problem, but anyone would hear the lack of the RA2BFE. It's really something else... and keep in mind that we're talking about the iBasso DC04PRO which drives the MP145s with ease... but absolutely in no way can it do it like the RA2BFE.
That's just superb feedback and exactly what I'm expecting to get from this set with my Timeless

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #36 of 106
ru6top.jpg

The Cayin RU6 with step-down switching power supply (hub) and adequate amplification (RA2BFE) reaches very high levels. Once its limits (supply-amplification) are removed it becomes pure musical poetry...

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #37 of 106
Hello!
I'm thinking of buying this particular piece and run it from a Hiby DAP through the Cayin RU6 dongle to the RA2BFE. Do I need that power bank, if so what is it and does it do Data transfer? Can't I just run it from the Hiby player through the RU6 and into the amp? The setup looks great btw!
Thank you for your time!

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #38 of 106
Hello!
I'm thinking of buying this particular piece and run it from a Hiby DAP through the Cayin RU6 dongle to the RA2BFE. Do I need that power bank, if so what is it and does it do Data transfer? Can't I just run it from the Hiby player through the RU6 and into the amp? The setup looks great btw!
Thank you for your time!
Hi, the amplifier and its powerbank must be considered as a single piece, in fact in the package you will find a large sticker to attach them to each other and also physically make them a single piece. The amplifier is always sold together with the power bank because this has two fundamental functions for it, the first is to make it possible to use it in the absence of a wall socket for over thirty hours of music, and the second (more important than the first ) is to provide it with a clean current via the battery pack and not subject to voltage variations of any kind or interference. When you need to recharge it, simply disconnect the white jack on the powerbank and connect it to the supplied power supply and recharge it normally. At the end of the charge you can connect the jack back to the amplifier and enjoy over thirty hours of amplification. Everything you connect upstream of the amplifier (dap/dongle) and downstream (iem/headphones) will have no impact on what I wrote above. Remember (in the case of the RU6) to use its balanced high gain output and fixed volume at 76 to avoid any distortion.

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #39 of 106
I actually was talking about the Pulwtop USB Hub. I see you have the RU6 running from it into the RA2BFE. What is the sound source you are running and how does it go through the RU6 if it is connected through the power usb port? Thank you for your advice above by the way.

Does it go: Hiby DAP>Pulwtop>RU6>RA2>IEM? Is that correct? I don't understand how you get the source sound from the Pulwtop through the RU6 unless threre is Data Transfer from a PC and the Pulwtop acts somewhat like a DAC. I found that piece on AliExpress. If the performance is better with it, then I will get that as well.
Chhers!

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #40 of 106
Sorry, I didn't understand... the matter is very simple: the PulWtop comes out with a long cable that must be connected to the streamer (in your case the Hiby) and then with a power cable that goes to the wall socket. The dongle must be connected to the latest USB type C of the Pulwtop... that is, the only one powered and which tells you how much current the dongle is absorbing. In my case the long PulWtop cable is connected to a PC USB because as it does not carry current it does not overload the socket you connect it to and therefore it can also be used on a computer USB without problems. I hope I was clear now. :wink:

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #41 of 106
desktop.jpg

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #43 of 106
Its an amazing amp, i consider it a bargain and it drives very well Ananda Nano
@Polky74 Happy you're enjoying it!

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #44 of 106
Its an amazing amp, i consider it a bargain and it drives very well Ananda Nano
@Polky74 Happy you're enjoying it!
And here's the friend who introduced me to it and recommended it... Xinlisupreme :wink:
Thanks again for reporting this excellent amplifier.

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #45 of 106
And here's the friend who introduced me to it and recommended it... Xinlisupreme :wink:
Thanks again for reporting this excellent amplifier.
It's not "my fault", it's @Charlyro222 that let me know this hidden gem.
Carlos has defiants amps also and almost everything from VE :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back