V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
May 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #666 of 972

Yeah, the harsh part for long term listening is keeping me away a bit..

Take a look at the frequency graph below.  I'm using the Senn HD-25-1 and Amperior (warm colors) for comparison with the V-MODA M80 and XS (cool colors) -- courtesy of HeadRoom. 

All four have a treble spike around 9kHz.  Compared to the V-MODAs, the Senns have a spike there that is 3dB to 7dB higher (depending on which two you compare) which gives these headphones sparkle in the highs but is somewhat fatiguing to me (I own all four).

Both V-MODAs have much more polite treble.  The M80 is too rolled off for me, and the XS is just right for me.  The bass on the XS is a bit much for me, which is why I EQ it down a few dB to tame it for more careful listening.  If you are a basshead, you listen at lower volumes, or you need a headphone that has some bass boost to overcome ambient noise from outside, then the XS works well without EQ, in my opinion.

I guess I will stay with the intent of buying XS instead of the Amperior. 

May 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #667 of 972
Try as many songs you can let me know how they go
smily_headphones1.gif

All your links don't work. 

May 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #668 of 972
Hmm, well the main songs are. The Prodigy Breath. Plastic Angel Call The Galaxy Taxi. Eye D & Dj Hidden Ascender. Eye D & Dj Hidden Battlefield. Eye D & Dj Hidden Break You. Dizze Rascal Bang Bang. Dizze Rascal I Don't Need A Reason. Eye D & Dj Hidden Speedbump. Borgeous Gangsterous. Borgeous Agro. The Partysquad How Many Dj's Daim House Remix. Those are all the main songs :p I dont know why the links don't work im going to try to sort it out. Try as many songs let me know how they go :)

May 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #669 of 972
Hmm, well the main songs are. The Prodigy Breath. Plastic Angel Call The Galaxy Taxi. Eye D & Dj Hidden Ascender. Eye D & Dj Hidden Battlefield. Eye D & Dj Hidden Break You. Dizze Rascal Bang Bang. Dizze Rascal I Don't Need A Reason. Eye D & Dj Hidden Speedbump. Borgeous Gangsterous. Borgeous Agro. The Partysquad How Many Dj's Daim House Remix. Those are all the main songs
tongue.gif
I dont know why the links don't work im going to try to sort it out. Try as many songs let me know how they go
smily_headphones1.gif

oh you need to embedd the links under the little tab in the box that looks like a camera film. i'll let you know! i'm probably gonna try them on my ipod/iphone i imagine your going to be using the xs with a portable device?

May 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #670 of 972
  I guess I will stay with the intent of buying XS instead of the Amperior. 

those measurements don't look right from the day they were released, the xs is bassy but theres no way theres that much bass as the graph indicates (a few other head-fiers said the same thing as me a few (or more) pages back ... sorry try using innerfidelity's data sheets and compare them like that

May 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #671 of 972
  those measurements don't look right from the day they were released, the xs is bassy but theres no way theres that much bass as the graph indicates (a few other head-fiers said the same thing as me a few (or more) pages back ... sorry try using innerfidelity's data sheets and compare them like that

Time domain plays a big roll in perception IMO...  It's as important as intensity in my view.  That's something that isn't shown in a raw frequency graph :/ 

May 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #672 of 972
Ehh. I'm guessing too much low end for rock. I'd say get a Grado. Aren't they amazing for rock?

May 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #673 of 972

InnerFidelity's measurements also shows greater bass for the XS as compared to the M80.  The difference could be due to seal, which is easier to get with the XS.   

I'm not about to take mine apart, but it would be interesting to see what is in an XS to see if it is built differently from the M80. 

May 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #675 of 972
If you are in NYC (or need an excuse to go):

WHAT 
AC Gears: V-MODA's "LIVE IN XS" Creative Visual Concept - Made in Milano 

WHY 
Free Champagne (DOM P if you come on time) & Win one of 4 XS' & 1 M-100

WHERE
AC Gears - 69 E 8th St, New York, NY 10003, United States view location in Google

WHEN
Saturday May 31, 7pm-the last drop..

RSVP
https://www.facebook.com/events/1493861844161118/

More pics of the installation on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back