V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #961 of 972
A bit late to the party, but I bought these just today and chose the matte black version. What I don't like aesthetically about the product though is the orange cable, so I plan to purchase another cable for it. A question before I do so. Can a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable affect the sound characteristics of these headphones? Can any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable work or can the cheaper ones degrade the overall sound quality of said product?
If you do not need the microphone you could use the vmoda audio only cable. It is a very well made cable.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #963 of 972
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #965 of 972
The black ones are no longer available.
I guess your best bet is to find them on eBay then. Uncertain if those will be genuine, or not.

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #966 of 972
I guess your best bet is to find them on eBay then. Uncertain if those will be genuine, or not.
Unfortunately I could only find over ear replacement pad (M100, Lp2, Crossfade etc...). I am very disappointed in V-Moda. I think they are gonna to discontinue the XS and they have stopped production. They are selling what there is in stock.

Feb 23, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #967 of 972
I have the same problem with finding pads in Europe and costs for importing them from the US are prohibitive to the point that its flat out better to just get a new pair of something else. This time though i will go for a European brand or a brand that has proper presence in Europe (like Sony).

Question is what should i get to replace my XS. I have been looking at the AKG Y50 but i can't be certain on how they compare to the XS in sound quality. I use my cans mostly for my Nintendo switch and music through my phone (sometimes attaching my Fiio X5) with trance and progressive as music goes. Any insight on a replacement pair would be appreciated.

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #968 of 972
I have the same problem with finding pads in Europe and costs for importing them from the US are prohibitive to the point that its flat out better to just get a new pair of something else. This time though i will go for a European brand or a brand that has proper presence in Europe (like Sony).

Question is what should i get to replace my XS. I have been looking at the AKG Y50 but i can't be certain on how they compare to the XS in sound quality. I use my cans mostly for my Nintendo switch and music through my phone (sometimes attaching my Fiio X5) with trance and progressive as music goes. Any insight on a replacement pair would be appreciated.
I think I will buy a Sennheiser HD25

Apr 5, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #971 of 972
Time for you to pick up the original M100 then (not master), they are great! :)
I will never buy another V moda product. Responsible companies provide spare parts for their products even after they discontinue them. V moda stopped selling replacement pads one year ago, they continued to sell their headphones till few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back