V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
May 22, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #631 of 972
Bring some xs please. They aren't available anywhere here yet
wink.gif

That is what I am here for, planning our EU distribution.  Remember V-MODA.com always ships worldwide fast, including customs and we are adding more localized operations in the next 2 months. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I spent last week there to solve the puzzle of how to make it happen in ~60 days (in time for our 10th year anniversary)!

May 24, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #632 of 972
Bring some xs please. They aren't available anywhere here yet :wink:

That is what I am here for, planning our EU distribution.  Remember V-MODA.com always ships worldwide fast, including customs and we are adding more localized operations in the next 2 months. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I spent last week there to solve the puzzle of how to make it happen in ~60 days (in time for our 10th year anniversary)!

Glad you're adding EU/UK distribution. I ordered my second pair of LP2s and got them sent to England, the tax was something like 40 GBP. Obviously the price for V-MODA in the EU/UK will increase due to tax, hopefully less than "importing" (ordering) them from America.

May 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #633 of 972
Just in case anyone is wondering, the V-MODA CoilPro cable will NOT fit the XS.  V-MODA customer service told me it would fit, but they're wrong.  The locking tab on the 3.5mm plug gets in the way, and I was not going to cut it off and risk not being able to return the cable.  The diameter of the plug, without including the locking tab, looks like it will either just fit or be slightly too large.  I was hoping it would fit the XS and two other headphones that will accept the V-MODA mini plug (the NAD HP50 and the PSB M4U-1).

I asked them to refund my shipping, and I hope they do.

May 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #634 of 972
Just in case anyone is wondering, the V-MODA CoilPro cable will NOT fit the XS.  V-MODA customer service told me it would fit, but they're wrong.  The locking tab on the 3.5mm plug gets in the way, and I was not going to cut it off and risk not being able to return the cable.  The diameter of the plug, without including the locking tab, looks like it will either just fit or be slightly too large.  I was hoping it would fit the XS and two other headphones that will accept the V-MODA mini plug (the NAD HP50 and the PSB M4U-1).

I asked them to refund my shipping, and I hope they do.

Unfortunately on on the xs page on vmoda.com it said the coilpro cable wouldnt work on that chart that compares the different vmoda headphones . Sad but true

May 27, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #635 of 972
I asked them before they had that page updated.

May 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #636 of 972
I asked them before they had that page updated.

It works if you have a really short 3.5m female to Male AUX cable.

May 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #638 of 972
I heard that the Xs distorts a bit in heavy bass tracks is it alot or you can't hardly hear it?
what do you mean? If you are talking about with an amp, then it doesn't really matter. A 40mm driver will distort eventually under enough bass and amp. What's the source you are talking about, and do you mean amped or unamped?

May 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #640 of 972
Iv'e seen people say that they distort a bit with heavy bass songs but in high volume but I don't know the source and if it's amped or unamped.
hmm... Ok. I think we'll have to wait for someone else to respond. I'm fairly certain they mean with an amp...

May 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #642 of 972
I don't have an XS. I've never heard a V-Moda product.

May 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #644 of 972
The XS has a bass boost over the M80, so it is a more bassy headphone than others' on-ears.  Still, its treble extension is much better than the similarly-shaped M80, and its form factor is truly amazing.  

I tend to EQ down the bass when I use the XS, but it is my go-to headphone while walking about.  The sound isolation is just enough to give good awareness of what is around without interfering with listening.  

As for bass distortion, Tyll has the plots here, 3/4ths of the way down on the left.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM80.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaXS.pdf

The XS has less bass distortion than the M80.  Even so, high volumes on an on-ear headphone is a recipe for disaster.  It's simple physics:  smaller cone -> less surface area to push -> higher excursion -> more bass distortion. 

May 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #645 of 972
So how well do the XS' do with rock?
Does it sound bloated?
Sennheiser Momentum on Ears sounded too bloated for rock.

I can get the HD25 Aluminum for $119 now, or wait to get the XS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back