V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 1,343
Can it be used with Astell and Kern DAP ... Am wondering how it can be connected 

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #25 of 1,343
I love the idea of this, but spending $600-$700 on a accessory for a phone  that I will probably throw away and/or update in a few years is not a smart investment for me. 
Yeah, I know I can just rubber band it to a new device but that pretty much destroy one of it's main selling point.
Hopefully V-Moda comes out with a case for the ipod video/classic/touch.

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #26 of 1,343
Quote:
I love the idea of this, but spending $600-$700 on a accessory for a phone  that I will probably throw away and/or update in a few years is not a smart investment for me. 
Yeah, I know I can just rubber band it to a new device but that pretty much destroy one of it's main selling point.
Hopefully V-Moda comes out with a case for the ipod video/classic/touch.

That is the beauty of VAMP VERZA, it is a desktop amp, portable amp AND a phone amplifier. It crams both  USB Audio AND iOS compatibility into one device. And with the input from this forum, we will develop new VERZADOCK cases so you don't need a "rubber band".  From now own we can call it more appropriately in rock n roll terms a "band aid".

2 years = 730 days.

How much does a Starbucks coffee cost?  VAMP VERZA is less than a coffee for two years, yet I guarantee it'll give you way more satisfaction and vanity in the process to hold such a unique metal device.  Plus, with it's universal USB Audio compatibility you can use it for a lifetime.

In fact, over time it is cheap.  I compare it to in shoes what I have called CPW or cost per wear. If you can use it for business or run a lot with it - it is worth it!

-V

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #28 of 1,343
Congrats on your release.
It looks like a good product.

As expected though it is the Venturecraft Go-Dap X repackaged and retweaked , no surprises there...so why all the subterfuge?
I guess a product unveiling is good marketing practice.

Will this product be good for IEMs. It is well known the standard the Go-Dap X has a headphone output of 47ohms, although you can upon special request get that lowered (to a still high) 10ohms.
What is the headphone output impedance on the Verza?
SOLVED.
***V-MODA-  `Verza has 10 ohms headphone impedance output`******

Also i am wondering what DAC is it using, and what Op Amp?

So what are main differences between the Go-DapX and Verza? I can see the Verza has more power, what else?

Thank you for you time.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #29 of 1,343
Quote:
That is the beauty of VAMP VERZA, it is a desktop amp, portable amp AND a phone amplifier. It crams both  USB Audio AND iOS compatibility into one device. And with the input from this forum, we will develop new VERZADOCK cases so you don't need a "rubber band".  From now own we can call it more appropriately in rock n roll terms a "band aid".

2 years = 730 days.

How much does a Starbucks coffee cost?  VAMP VERZA is less than a coffee for two years, yet I guarantee it'll give you way more satisfaction and vanity in the process to hold such a unique metal device.  Plus, with it's universal USB Audio compatibility you can use it for a lifetime.

In fact, over time it is cheap.  I compare it to in shoes what I have called CPW or cost per wear. If you can use it for business or run a lot with it - it is worth it!

-V

Well, if you put it that way of course it'll be cheaper. For example the VERZA is cheaper than one month mortgage for me, or it's cheaper than 6 months of my phone bill and will probably give me more satisfaction. But if I was to buy it, it'll just be a $600 amp I rubber band to my device (since I don't have an iPhone or Galaxy S3 and my Lyr is set to arrive soon) and that's something I already have.

I do hope you consider making more cases for different device. I would love a case for my iPod Touch 4, that'll be a combo I can enjoy for years and I wouldn't mind paying the asking price too.

Please don't take this as me being negative, is just a constructive criticism.  I know you said something about the iPod classic so I'm eagerly waiting for more details on that.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #30 of 1,343
Quote:
Congrats on your release.
It looks like a good product.

As expected though it is the Venturecraft Go-Dap X repackaged and retweaked , no surprises there...so why all the subterfuge?
I guess a product unveiling is good marketing practice.

Will this product be good for IEMs. It is well known the standard the Go-Dap X has a headphone output of 47ohms, although you can upon special request get that lowered (to a still high) 10ohms.
What is the headphone output impedance on the Verza?

Also i am wondering what DAC is it using, and what Op Amp?

So what are main differences between the Go-DapX and Verza? I can see the Verza has more power, what else?

Thank you for you time.

So according to the advertisement, the VERZA has :-

- 2xDACs (Burr Brown & AKM) whilst to the best of my knowledge the Go-DAP X has only 1 (AKM). It's got to have a different circuit board to be able to do such a thing. I WAS WRONG. THE GO-DAP X HAS 2xDACS TOO
- The power output is also almost double of the X as you mentioned
- 6 layer PCB whereas the Go-DAP X has less. The number of layers the X has is the speculative part. If memory serves me correctly, it's 2 but I need to double-check on that. [Edit: This is confirmed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back