V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #14,207 of 23,366
Quote:

That is the employee promotion discount. Even if you don't like them, at that price, it is hard to resist. 

I will force myself to like them. 
angry_face.gif
 My body will accept them.

Edit: 
atsmile.gif

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #14,210 of 23,366
Quote:
i find that the vocals in some jazz can sound quite milky and smooth. its quite nice actually

I actually found the vocals to be too laid back. When I listened to some of Ella Fitzgerald's work, it seemed that there was something missing to it. The extension in the upper frequences was lacking for me at least. Furthermore, the bass is just too much for jazz. When I listened to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, I really couldn't appreciate it. The Drum Thunderer Suite sounded muddy in copmarison to the Heir Audio 4.ai. But, that is an unfair comparison. The Heirs are just more natural and neutral to my ears, but then again, the M-100 really wasn't designed for jazz. Just my 2 cents...

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #14,211 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
i find that the vocals in some jazz can sound quite milky and smooth. its quite nice actually

I actually found the vocals to be too laid back. When I listened to some of Ella Fitzgerald's work, it seemed that there was something missing to it. The extension in the upper frequences was lacking for me at least. Furthermore, the bass is just too much for jazz. When I listened to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, I really couldn't appreciate it. The Drum Thunderer Suite sounded muddy in copmarison to the Heir Audio 4.ai. But, that is an unfair comparison. The Heirs are just more natural and neutral to my ears, but then again, the M-100 really wasn't designed for jazz. Just my 2 cents...

I listen to smooth jazz and the M-100's are OK with them...I often find the bass guitar taking the center stage instead of the keyboard though.

I wonder how an open-back V-MODA headphone would sound. Can't wait! Hopefully I'll get the same epic-feeling that I got with the K 701 while listening to this trailer for the first time:

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #14,212 of 23,366
I managed to get some M-100 headitme with Chris Botti. I won't say that it's an accurate but it was highly chilled and relaxing. One could spend hours just listening to the M-100 on a beautiful Saturday afternoon :-

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #14,213 of 23,366
I will probably use my glacier too to go with my coming m100. I find glacier has a tight decay and snappier sound. Could be benefit to tighten up m100 bass a bit (it does with my ie800)

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #14,214 of 23,366
Quote:
I will probably use my glacier too to go with my coming m100. I find glacier has a tight decay and snappier sound. Could be benefit to tighten up m100 bass a bit (it does with my ie800)

I'm assuming you mean the Apex Glacier.....holy, I just saw the price tag. :xf_eek:
I haven't heard it in-person, but someone in the JDS Labs C5 thread has one and says the Glacier is a more forgiving amp next to the C5.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #14,215 of 23,366
I'm assuming you mean the Apex Glacier.....holy, I just saw the price tag. :xf_eek:
I haven't heard it in-person, but someone in the JDS Labs C5 thread has one and says the Glacier is a more forgiving amp next to the C5.
I'm still contemplating on the amp. That Glacier is a loaner from Musica Acoustics.

I have the following others to decide on - C5, Portaphile 627, Vorzuge. But the form factor of the Glacier & DD is simply unmatched.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #14,216 of 23,366
The sound is quite neutral and accurate. For the clarity and detailing...this amp is a champ. I did compare with my RxMK3...the only plus for MK3 is the sound somewhat bigger and wider just a tad. For the rest i prefer Glacier personally. So i think it suits the price tag okay. And this shinny slim has a "buffalo" power to kick.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #14,217 of 23,366
A gift from Optimus Prime just arrived ! 

This thing has a nice weight to it...not sure yet when fitted on my head.
Later tonight...I will rock this baby using my Glacier and Pico Power in the 1st run.....more impression to come...!
Get ready for trance/rap songs 
size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #14,218 of 23,366
Quote:
I must admit I am one of the people who regrets buying M100, I bought it based on the stellar reviews here and especially on Amazon. M100 doesn't even compare to my Senn Amperior,  and I thought my Amperior was muddy, lacking the clarity and seperation, until I heard the M100. I have burned in the M100 for more than 100 hours and the sound doesn't change much, at least for mine. Now I only use M100 to watch DVD and play games. Sorry for the rant.

muddy and lacking clarity, two terms I would never use in describing these phones.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #14,220 of 23,366
Quote:
I must admit I am one of the people who regrets buying M100, I bought it based on the stellar reviews here and especially on Amazon. M100 doesn't even compare to my Senn Amperior,  and I thought my Amperior was muddy, lacking the clarity and seperation, until I heard the M100. I have burned in the M100 for more than 100 hours and the sound doesn't change much, at least for mine. Now I only use M100 to watch DVD and play games. Sorry for the rant.

Quote:

muddy and lacking clarity, two terms I would never use in describing these phones.

I completely agree with Bruin9999.  I returned the Amperior due to lack of detail and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back