V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #5,386 of 23,366
@Roma
Whoa, I know this is OT but you're selling both the ES10 and the DT1350? I'm shocked the DT1350 got tossed on the for sale block so soon if I remember right you seemed to really like them. I for see hoarding of funds for a flagship headphone lol.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #5,387 of 23,366
BRSxIgnition,

You've started to remind me of the guy from the Facebook movie (beginning of the movie).

Please, there are a few things you have to remember when answering other's people's questions:

Just because a couple of people jumped in agreeing to the post "it's probably going to ship in a couple of weeks, that 45-60 days is just something to blah blah blah" doesn't make it a "we".

Speak for yourself. Not "we", not "as far as I know"...

More like "I'm hoping/want it ships in 2 weeks because I just can't blah blah blah"

Remember, Val doesn't like to give dates when something isn't finalized.

What happened last time people insisted on Val to give a date?... You know what happened. Today is August 23rd.

Val is involved totally with the VTFs. So if the website says "ships in 45-60 days",please, people, go by it. Do not put anymore pressure on Val than what he already has. He knows you guys want it.

This is V-MODA.

And please, BRSxIgnition, no need to remind me you already said you aren't going to use "we" again. I remember.

Just accept that these all put pressure on Val, and is not the right way to go at it, since Val reads this thread almost everyday.

Guys, do it for Val.

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #5,390 of 23,366
Quote:
It doesn't end until I post.

Just kidding!!! XD XD XD

It's about understanding, a lot more than apologizing.

I just want people to get it.

We got it, we got it. I promised to be more clear, so that my posts wont be misunderstood as "fact".

But again, let's move the topic back to the M-100's, please?

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #5,391 of 23,366
Ho hummm, guys no offense but if I wanted to read a flame war I'd go to a mobile handset blog and watch the fandroids and appleheads bash one another.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #5,394 of 23,366
Quote:
Which m100 should I go for? I am a guy and can't really decide I am going with the NY logo.

Shadow vmoda's with ocean blue shields (what I purchased currently),

or White vmoda's with regular blue shields.

Any other idea's?

hmm.. shadow w brushed and engraving is sick.  or dark red.  white silver looks great with anything, Shadow is the most challenging as it has red so you need to make sure you like red + another color.  

Quote:
+1; rarely post on this thread anymore as there is not much left to say, right now content with my new Denon D600, so no rush or urgency (although I still preordered).

MMMMM....DROP

SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE MEETS OPEN SOURCE EVOLVEMENT ON A FORUM?
I am going to write a book some day called "when a hacker is all growns up"... But, I have thought about this thread and the product/software dev theories all the way from AGILE to SPIRAL, to Waterfall and even "V-MODEL" a lot lately as I think we are on to something new here that will evolve the current social/forum "hype".   

Memory land as a hacker/programmer and Forum Development
When I was 7 years old my dad bought me a TI-99 for Xmas and my laser focus on technology began as a programmer.  I was starved to access long-distance BBS "forums" for knowledge and held back by long-distance $, so I was forced into hacking, phreaking, etc.  I wrote programs and did things that I can't discuss here, all for the sake of knowledge and downloading new development tools that cost more than I could afford. Some of you may remember courier groups THG/INC, the name I used was "Copy Wright", "Red Alert", "Cyber Thug" if you were a round.  

Long story short, professionally after college at UT Austin I became an enterprise software analyst, architect and programmer building and optimizing a variety of projects including mobile GPS apps, financial analyst systems utilizing time-series databases, CMS systems specializing in community components and DB programming of Oracle and good ole SQL server... 

I started using a 300-baud modem (if I remember correct PHP1600) on a TI-99 (that used a CASSETTE recorder to record my basic programs). 

My nickname was "Chippy" and here is my first product I admired that allowed me to access the forums... I always searched for the BEST chips in the world, and of course the finest 16550 UART Serial ports back in the 80s... (buffer tech)

How does this connect to the topic?  I have a new idea on how to evolve this thread...  I'll announce after I talk to Jude and the moderators... 

And then there was HST... but that is 14.4k (why I did 14.4% off) History.

Why do the products say "hello world" when you open the box?  .

This is the reason I love analog so much, my first programs where all on analog tape. 

and therefore, this is why my original 1.0 "VAL KOLTON" DJ logo bled tapes, yet holds "VINYL" immortal.  Can someone find my first FLIER of my FIRST GIG and guess who/where it was?  I'll give away the under-rated and under-produced Vibrato.

to be continued somewhere else...

BACK TO M-100!

Quote:
Val mentioned in the comments of that picture on V-Modas facebook that it is possible for them to do grayscale.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150709946113092&set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091&type=3&theater

Can do...

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #5,395 of 23,366
M-100 BACK ON TOPIC - SPECIAL PRODUCT WILL BE INCLUDED 

A surprise add-on accessory is going to be included in these pre-orders only.  I can't elaborate right now, but you can probably guess going forward.  What I want to know now is, what do you consider the best microphone in the world on a headset?  For gaming, communication, video recording, broadcast, singing or Skype?

I have benchmarks now but I want your input... M-100 was built for versatility. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #5,396 of 23,366
Quote:

A surprise add-on accessory is going to be included in these pre-orders only.  I can't elaborate right now, but you can probably guess going forward.  What I want to know now is, what do you consider the best microphone in the world on a headset?  For gaming, communication, video recording, broadcast, singing or Skype?

For gaming, definitely a boom mic.  Basically, while in front of a computer, a boom mic is the best and most convenient for everything. :p

But not so much when outside!  That would make you look like a bit of a tool, walking around talking into a boom mic. :p

Still though, for using with a computer, one of the more important things (at least for me) is noise cancellation, so it won't pick up the sound of typing.  Actual sound quality is secondary to that (since most microphones these days are at least good enough for speaking into).

But as far as a one-size-fits-all sort of thing?  That speakeasy mic does look nice, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet...

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #5,397 of 23,366
Quote:

Bone conduction mic :wink:. Take it to the next level where Invisio stopped.

Edit: Parrot Zik's bone conduction didn't really work to my expectations.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #5,398 of 23,366
Definitely an add-on Boom Mic would be awesome...I'd definitely purchase a pair if it was an accessory.  I'm still on the fence with these things because I love my M80s so much.  Hmmm.  310 just seems too high at this point when I already have some GR07 IEMs, two pairs of M80s and some LP2s.  Overkill?  Or obsession?  I just dropped 2500 on a new Retina MBP so, little tight on disposable income ATM...hopefully once the final versions are set in stone I'll be able to get in on a pair and maybe sell a few of my other pairs.  Or I'll pre-order a pair tomorrow.  Either or.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back