V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #5,356 of 23,366
Ah~! Found the post I was talking about! 

Here you are, Tinyman:
Quote:

EDIT: What's the difference between a PPU, punished PPU, and a VTF? 
blink.gif

That being said, what exactly did I [pre]order on V-MODA's website?
VTF-100 is actually the limited first production run of M-100.  

-v

"First Production Run" not "Pre", not "Test" - these are the first M-100's, and they're being sold under the name VTF-100 to Head-Fi'ers and V-MODA fans.

To give you credit though Tinyman, I may not have been clear enough in my past posts. I will make sure to make it clear when what I state is gathered informationor an official statement. I apologize if I did anything to offend you to this extent.

Quote:

I thought the release price would be 300.  Or has that changed as well?  I heard Val say the VTX is 310, but before that (month or two ahead) he stated 300. 

Val has stated that they will sell for $310, and that is what the pre-order costs on http://v-moda.com/vtf-100/ as well.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #5,357 of 23,366
Quote:
"First Production Run" not "Pre", not "Test" - these are the first M-100's, and they're being sold under the name VTF-100 to Head-Fi'ers and V-MODA fans.

To give you credit though Tinyman, I may not have been clear enough in my past posts. I will make sure to make it clear when what I state is gathered information, or an official statement. I apologize if I did anything to offend you to this extent.

OK, that should clear that up.  Val did originally say he was going to sell PPUs, which is what I originally went off of regarding the quality of the PPU.  I guess he changed his mind and sold first editions instead of a PPU (big difference here). 

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5,360 of 23,366
Quote:

OK, that should clear that up.  Val did originally say he was going to sell PPUs, which is what I originally went off of regarding the quality of the PPU.  I guess he changed his mind and sold first editions instead of a PPU (big difference here). 

Yeah - no problem. He did originally even toss around the idea of giving out "battle scarred" versions after all! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #5,361 of 23,366
Thanks for the information.  Clears up a lot more. 

That is what i want.  I apologize if I was harsh, but it annoys me that when all the new-comers ask questions, he gives unofficial answers that sound legit.  It's misleading.  IDK who else was doing it.  It's just that every single time I went on this thread, I saw BRS making some statement that was unverified and read like it was legit.  Some went against what I read in the past. 

I thought the release price would be 300.  Or has that changed as well?  I heard Val say the VTX is 310, but before that (month or two ahead) he stated 300. 

Well everyone who finds the VTF-100 page will see the price for that. As far as the release price, Val had said $300 was what he was aiming for with the M-100, but until the headphone is released the final price is best represented by a more vague number. It could be priced at 299.99, the price could vary based on tax and/or shipping, supply, vendor... any number of things.

I wouldn't describe you as harsh... but sticking it to him, repeating yourself, bolding the part of my post meant for him, that's all you burying the point you want to make under a lot of petty fluff. Your main goal is just to ask others to be careful and nice to noobs, right? At least, I believe that's what you were going for :wink:

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5,363 of 23,366
I agree, people need to relax. Patience is a VIRTUE (Hey look, another name idea for a V-MODA product :p ).

Lol awesome Roma! Thanks for the compliment btw :)
Patience is definitely the answer, because basically there will always be a little bit of flux until the M-100 is ready.
That said, I definitely wasn't/am not always patient for new things or with others, but the good news is that it's a learned skill! AmIRite? :D

--------
Erp, yup, VTF-100. Lol, that's the telephone game for ya! *shrugs*

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #5,364 of 23,366
Just went to buy the VTF-100 or M-100 or whatever it is I'll be preordering (there's so much confusion and speculation I've lost track of what's what.) but when I change the currency to GBP it shows it costing £310 not including p/p and taxes. This can't be right, right? As it would equate to $490. Just making sure really.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5,365 of 23,366
Quote:
I agree, people need to relax. Patience is a VIRTUE (Hey look, another name idea for a V-MODA product
tongue.gif
).

I know this is extremely OT, but when I see V-Moda, I don't particularly think virtue.  I see something hard, thick, sharp, tough, etc as a word.  Can't think of anything that starts with a V to describe that off the top of my head though.  I guess Val in a way could be virtuous himself XD

Quote:
Yeah - no problem. He did originally even toss around the idea of giving out "battle scarred" versions after all! 
biggrin.gif

That was the original plan.  I do like using the first editions better though. 

Quote:
Well everyone who finds the VTX-100 page will see the price for that. As far as the release price, Val had said $300 was what he was aiming for with the M-100, but until the headphone is released the final price is best represented by a more vague number. It could be priced at 299.99, the price could vary based on tax and/or shipping, supply, vendor... any number of things.
I wouldn't describe you as harsh... but sticking it to him, repeating yourself, bolding the part of my post meant for him, that's all you burying the point you want to make under a lot of petty fluff. Your main goal is just to ask others to be careful and nice to noobs, right? At least, I believe that's what you were going for
wink.gif

Yes, I did see the VTX-100 page priced at 310.  I also heard a few numbers by Val around 300 (but never exceeding) for the M-100.  I don't think at 3.33...% raise would do much for people ordering though. 

And yes, that is what my point was.  I understand new members (I don't like the term noob, has too much negativity behind it) can be annoying, but be nice to them and do give them the information they ask.  If you don't like them, ignore them (someone else can handle it).  If it's unknown at the time, say you don't know (ignorance is never a bad thing to admit). 

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5,366 of 23,366
Quote:
Patience is definitely the answer, because basically there will always be a little bit of flux until the M-100 is ready.
That said, I definitely wasn't/am not always patient for new things or with others, but the good news is that it's a learned skill! AmIRite?
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha.

Agreed on both points. A long wait coupled with a lot of free time usually makes it pretty hard though! 
biggrin.gif
 At least I'm going on a mini vacation/hiking trip for the next few days soon, so I'll be able to clear my mind until more news is released!

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #5,368 of 23,366
Quote:
Just went to buy the VTF-100 or M-100 or whatever it is I'll be preordering (there's so much confusion and speculation I've lost track of what's what.) but when I change the currency to GBP it shows it costing £310 not including p/p and taxes. This can't be right, right? As it would equate to $490. Just making sure really.

That doesn't seem right...  Maybe contact CS or PM Val directly? 

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #5,369 of 23,366

uh, maybe? Obviously there are challenges to overseas sales beyond local taxes (do your taxes take into account the seller's tariffs and... dunno, licenses to sell in your country?), but I also think that the dollar value of some products follow the general exchange rates. Seems all the headphones (and cameras?) I've heard about cost more in Europe than in the US. I would suggest sending V-MODA an email, because that is quite a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back