V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #5,326 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes - you are correct. The shield color you select is for the set you customize.

We are expecting them to be sent out sometime within the next two weeks, not 60 days. I also believe that the 60-day guarantee begins when the headphones are received, not when they're ordered.

I didn't see Val say this...  Where did you get this information from? 

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #5,331 of 23,366
There isn't a lot of point in us speculating right now when they will ship - Val just posted that they are still working through the stress testing and even he doesn't know yet when they will go out the door, but that a best and worst case date were starting to come to light internally.  I am sure Val will let us know the shipment date and the secret surprise as soon as he can.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #5,333 of 23,366
Quote:
I also recall a little birdie saying in May they would ship early July.........

Well this rep was talking about my current order, so I'd expect they at least have a general idea this time!  They wouldn't let us actually pre-order them unless it was very close.

Hm, also, I wonder if I should add the VOIP splitter cable to the order? :p   It's a bit expensive for what it is though, but if I ever wanted to get it down the line I'd save on shipping this way...

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #5,338 of 23,366
Quote:
"We are expecting" does not translate in any way into "Val said..."

So this is basically an unofficial guess with nothing to back it?  Your essentially making a promise to the person who asked the question with no proof or backup.  I'll accept a rep saying it, but just you?  That's a very poor, uninformative way to give what you feel are facts and can easily mislead people.  You've made so many guesses already, and gotten a nice handful of them wrong as well...  I'm not going to doubt that it'll be released in 2 weeks, but don't state it like a fact, especially when it wasn't said by a V-Moda rep (you made it seem like that).

@Everyone else: Please note I did read the post about a CS rep saying they expected it in 2 weeks (after my previous post).  This is a legit source of information. 

The only reason I'm chewing BRS out on this is because he's been making some very uninformative misleading facts about the M100 (making them read as if they were from V-Moda themselves).  The most recent one (not this) being the daisy chaining using the second headphone jack in the M100's housing (it had two, he made a statement before saying the other one was for daisy chaining when in fact it was in the cable).  The statement about the matted version containing extra accessory (that the others wouldn't have) would be another.  He makes these guesses, which are of no help to members looking for answers when he replies with something that is essentially a guess. 

Val's post on the cable: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/5250#post_8633813
Val's post regarding what comes with the 100s: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/5265#post_8633890

So what I'm asking, so everyone gets accurate information that isn't skewed, unofficial, or anything of that nature is to just post what has been confirmed.  No guessing, no I think, none of that.  The way a lot of the incorrect information has been displayed makes it seem like it was written by some rep from V-Moda, essentially wording it to read like it's fact.  I've been following this thread, but seeing so many of these "facts" incorrect and later correct by Val kind of irritates me more than the new-comers asking questions (which doesn't bother me at all). 

Now, please note I'm not saying that BRS is the only person who's been doing this.  IDK who else has, but whenever I stepped onto this thread to see what's new, it seemed like he was making some sort of statement that didn't seem right or make sense at all.  Worse was that it was worded to sound official (when in fact it wasn't).  Can we all agree to just post information about the M100 that have been confirmed?  I come on this thread to see new information about the M100 only to find it's all a bunch of shots in the dark (some of which contradict what has already been said). 

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #5,340 of 23,366
Quote:

So this is basically an unofficial guess with nothing to back it?  Your essentially making a promise to the person who asked the question with no proof or backup.  I'll accept a rep saying it, but just you?  That's a very poor, uninformative way to give what you feel are facts and can easily mislead people.  You've made so many guesses already, and gotten a nice handful of them wrong as well...  I'm not going to doubt that it'll be released in 2 weeks, but don't state it like a fact, especially when it wasn't said by a V-Moda rep (you made it seem like that).

@Everyone else: Please note I did read the post about a CS rep saying they expected it in 2 weeks (after my previous post).  This is a legit source of information. 

The only reason I'm chewing BRS out on this is because he's been making some very uninformative misleading facts about the M100 (making them read as if they were from V-Moda themselves).  The most recent one (not this) being the daisy chaining using the second headphone jack in the M100's housing (it had two, he made a statement before saying the other one was for daisy chaining when in fact it was in the cable).  The statement about the matted version containing extra accessory (that the others wouldn't have) would be another.  He makes these guesses, which are of no help to members looking for answers when he replies with something that is essentially a guess. 

Val's post on the cable: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/5250#post_8633813
Val's post regarding what comes with the 100s: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/5265#post_8633890

So what I'm asking, so everyone gets accurate information that isn't skewed, unofficial, or anything of that nature is to just post what has been confirmed.  No guessing, no I think, none of that.  The way a lot of the incorrect information has been displayed makes it seem like it was written by some rep from V-Moda, essentially wording it to read like it's fact.  I've been following this thread, but seeing so many of these "facts" incorrect and later correct by Val kind of irritates me more than the new-comers asking questions (which doesn't bother me at all). 

Now, please note I'm not saying that BRS is the only person who's been doing this.  IDK who else has, but whenever I stepped onto this thread to see what's new, it seemed like he was making some sort of statement that didn't seem right or make sense at all.  Worse was that it was worded to sound official (when in fact it wasn't).  Can we all agree to just post information about the M100 that have been confirmed?  I come on this thread to see new information about the M100 only to find it's all a bunch of shots in the dark (some of which contradict what has already been said). 

Reply to Tinyman:
I never stated anything I said as fact. I stated the conclusions we came to as a forum. 'We' - as in, most of us - agreed that the 60 days was a pre-caution on the part of V-MODA, so that they would not get any flak for pushing the release any later. I have never said once that "We will be getting them [DATE HERE]" or "The release date is [DATE HERE]". I've always made it clear that what I'm saying is what we think/know to the best of our ability. I only say it is true if it has been confirmed by Val.

About the two "guesses" you called out, I was making those assumptions off what we had heard from val. The word "Daisy Chaining" had been used multiple times after Val began using it, and I never used the term again, or said that the cable went into the cup AFTER the post you linked. because at that point, val had clarified it himself, that the cable would go into the built in connector that we didn't know about previously. About what comes with the M-100's, again, UNTIL that post, we did not know what came with what for sure. All we knew was that there would be SOMETHING different - Design, packaging, build, we didn't know - on the Matte Black M-100's, and that turned out to be the Orange cable. 

Again, I never claimed to know anything for sure until Val commented on it. I would never try to mislead - intentionally or unintentionally - the people of Head-Fi.

Please, if you need to 'talk' to me more, please PM. 

For everyone else: 
Please, read carefully, and do not assume things, as above.

Users who are viewing this thread

• domi
Back