V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 23, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #331 of 2,828
Yeah, I was super stoked to see the UPS guy at the door yesterday with my V80's... until he said "That'll be $89."
Definitely think it was a good call removing them for Canadian orders.

But hey, all in all I'm very happy with these headphones and that's what matters!  So far the best build quality I've seen or felt in a headphone
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
Just received a pair of M-80. Out of the box they sound very good. Nicely balanced and non-fatiguing.
L3000.gif

Great construction and accessorized. The sharp looks doesn't hurt either.
wink_face.gif

Props to Val for getting rid of the UPS leeches for Canadian shipping. Close to $67 for brokerage.
blink.gif

Second order for Christmas gifts shipped USPS.
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #332 of 2,828

Quote:
Yeah, I was super stoked to see the UPS guy at the door yesterday with my V80's... until he said "That'll be $89."
Definitely think it was a good call removing them for Canadian orders.

Owch, so that was brokerage and taxes? You can broker packages yourself, although that takes a bit of time and driving around to the depot then customs office then back to the depot.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #333 of 2,828

Val, just wondering if the M100s will have the same style packaging/case as the M80s?  I prefer bigger/circumaural headphones even for portable use (they're just so much more comfortable at work) - hoping the accessories/case will be just as durable on the M100s - the mining industry can be a little rough on headphones!

I also have no desire to buy another on-ear.  HD-25 and DT1350 are enough - we need more circumaural portables!

Quote:
Owch, so that was brokerage and taxes? You can broker packages yourself, although that takes a bit of time and driving around to the depot then customs office then back to the depot.

Last package I ordered from the states cost me $163 at the door.... FedEx......  So ridiculous...

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #334 of 2,828
Hello I am Somewhat new around here and I was wondering if someone can help me out.

Is there any available seller of M-80 in Tokyo? Since it was featured it Tokyo Headphone Festival.
My dad lives in Tokyo.

There are certain things that are preventing me from getting the M-80's
-There is no M-80 in Amazon Japan so he can't order M-80 there
-My dad can't read english so he can't use Amazon US
-He doesn't trust me with his bank acc. even thou i would pay him.. :frowning2:

so if there is anyone out there who can help me find a seller of M-80 in Tokyo i would reaaalllly appreciate it.

P.S: i am literally Drooling over the M-80's since it is the perfect headphones for me.
-Durable( A lot of headphones break easily when i am using it i don't know why)
-Strong & Easy to replace Cables ( a lot of my headphones break the same way when the wire gets abused and a side of the headphone breaks)
-Portable with a carrying case(since i commute a lot)

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #335 of 2,828
I've been looking out too and so far not yet. FYI, there is and M-80 on Rakuten but it's ridiculously expensive. I don't recommend getting it from there. If online buying isn't an option, then I'd suggest you keep an eye out on http://www.e-earphone.jp/ in Akihabara.

Edit: on the V-Moda website, http://v-moda.com/, they do list prices in Yen. The M-80 is approx Y17,000++ whilst the V-80 is approx Y15,000++. But this is before shipping prices.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #336 of 2,828
He told me i don't have enough savings to buy from rakuten it was twice the original price :O
Thanks for suggesting thou, if i can't buy the M-80 i guess i would just have to wait for the M-100's, i guess there is a positive out of everything.

but still...
if anyone out there who knows seller of M-80's in Tokyo that's in reasonable price i would thank you from the bottom of my heart :3

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #337 of 2,828

Quote:
Last package I ordered from the states cost me $163 at the door.... FedEx......  So ridiculous...

On rare occasion I've rejected packages before simply because the receiving cost was so high. Dumbest ones I've had to face... $140 for a $120 item, $35 for a $45 item (which was furthermore opened up and components lost), $70 for a $200 box that literally had a hole in it that looked like it came from a forklift, amoung others.

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #338 of 2,828
Got V-80 yesterday.
These are very small as compared to the appearance in pics.
After about 6-7 hours of listening here is my conclusion compared to 750DJ:
-> The mids, treble & overall tone is very very good. These sound quite clear than the Shure 750DJ
-> Sound stage has decent depth but very average width
-> Shure 750DJ Bass walks over V-80 (Everything ....resolution, impact & depth)
-> V-80 just cannot handle high volume. Everything appears fuzzy at moderate to high volume

The major issue with V-80 is the Bass. Do or Do not, there is no TRY!!. But all that V-80 does is to try & miserable fail with bass notes. -> The bass is easily distorted even at moderate volumes. I played a 30HZ test tone & the driver was crying for mercy. Bas quantity is more than enough but the quality is like 20$ computer speaker sub.
I am somewhat disappointed but with non bassy tracks these are very good although only at low volumes.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #339 of 2,828
Just received mine today.  Right out of the box, it sounds quite nice.  Good bass quantity and the quality isn't bad either.  I'm really liking the treble.  Vocals don't feel recessed.  Some burn-in and I think these will be really nice.  Color me impressed, I didn't think I'd like V-Moda.  

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #340 of 2,828

Quote:
So I got the LP2 today, satisfied so far. I was wondering if anyone knew if V-MODA had a non-mic audio cable that's 48" or less instead of 6 feet? The website doesn't mention the length unless I missed it.

what headphones can you compare em too ? 

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #342 of 2,828

Quote:
Got V-80 yesterday.
These are very small as compared to the appearance in pics.
After about 6-7 hours of listening here is my conclusion compared to 750DJ:
-> The mids, treble & overall tone is very very good. These sound quite clear than the Shure 750DJ
-> Sound stage has decent depth but very average width
-> Shure 750DJ Bass walks over V-80 (Everything ....resolution, impact & depth)
-> V-80 just cannot handle high volume. Everything appears fuzzy at moderate to high volume

The major issue with V-80 is the Bass. Do or Do not, there is no TRY!!. But all that V-80 does is to try & miserable fail with bass notes. -> The bass is easily distorted even at moderate volumes. I played a 30HZ test tone & the driver was crying for mercy. Bas quantity is more than enough but the quality is like 20$ computer speaker sub.
I am somewhat disappointed but with non bassy tracks these are very good although only at low volumes.

I thought the M80s sounded better at high volumes, is what I call "headbanging volume". 
and definetely not for bass heads, but in my book that is a pro.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #343 of 2,828
I fact what i call high volume may be moderate for many others because i usually listen at very low volumes. Eg- 32 on cowon i9 is quite loud for me.
The distortion is bass isn't exactly like what you get while overpowering a speaker but it becomes like a very texture less flabby bass with more volume than punch or depth.
Its somewhat like the bass you get as a result of loose fitting. But i've tried endlessly with several adjustments & when the seal is proper that distortion becomes less audible but the bass notes get quite boomy & again texture less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back