V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #617 of 1,668
Just keep telling yourself it's black and copper, because that's really what it looks like... my daughter had a rose gold iPhone, and they're completely different.... it's very original looking

IT'S BLACK AND COPPER, IT'S BLACK AND COPPER, IT'S BLACK AND COPPER LOL. I have a feeling it looks better in person the more I see different video footage of it. The thing that worries me the most about the rose gold is not the rose gold on the cliqfold area but how it says VModa on top of the headband in that color also. From the pics, that kind of puts it over the top for me. Hopefully once I see them in person, it will not stand out so much to me. I like how the matte black version said it on the headband, but it never drew attention to itself up there. Does the headband attract too much attention in person? I know I will not see it on my head but I have a tendency to admire headphones when they are on the stand especially when these will be attempting to take place of a few different headphones I have. I want to try to make these my go to for everything except for when I want to really step it up while on the couch and do some critical listening with my higher end gear.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #618 of 1,668
  Your impressions are much appreciated. I just hope this new headset isn't too far removed from the "fun" sound of the CFW1 that I fell in love with. That would be incredibly disappointing.

Also how long do you have to wait when you get an email from V-Moda stating they shipped the headphones to getting actual tracking info from UPS? UPS just keeps saying they don't have the shipment.

V-Moda's shipping is frustrating to say the least--I've contact them about it several times.  Once they print the label, you are notified, and order status states 'shipped'.  However, this simply means they have sent the order to their warehouse for processing.  In my experience, it'll sit there for several days (Thursday seems to be the UPS pickup day...).

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #619 of 1,668
Sid

Did u actually have to cut the cords on your CFW1's before u sent them back?? Or did u just return them as is?

Not sure why cutting the cord is necessary, although I've seen this noted in the forum several times...I returned perfectly fine M-80's and had no issues getting coupon for 1/2 current M-80 price.  All I returned were the headphones and case, I kept all other accessories.  

My matte black are supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I had hard time deciding between the white and black...

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #621 of 1,668
Awesome HiFi, appreciate the info! So, in conclusion; is the upgrade worth $170ish (immortal program trade in) in your opinion?

This thread is 42 pages rambling about the lack of any support for wireless tech from V-MODA side and the founder completely disappeared after forum posse has found the "problem" of the current revision. Does that answer your question? That's basically $170 for a leap of faith at the moment.

And I know where you're at, I'm sitting here with that $150 voucher as well waiting for Val to show up first.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #622 of 1,668
Man, I have replace that cable on the M80's I had sold because his dog chewed it up along with the replaceable one. I had him order a cable from Amazon that looked like a close match with the cloth sheathing and dismantled them and re soldered it in place. I did this because the factory said they don't do repairs and they would not sell me the cable. So if they do not have to be sent in after cutting the cable, I see some people doing this and repairing them after. I guess that it is their gain. LOL 

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #623 of 1,668

Awesome HiFi, appreciate the info! So, in conclusion; is the upgrade worth $170ish (immortal program trade in) in your opinion?

It really depends on what you want and your financial situation.  Since I have the CFW1 and still like them, they suit my needs when I'm in the mood for those.  The CF2W is better for situations where I want a little less aggressive sound, yet still want to retain a measure of "fun".  For me, now that I listened to them and feel they are an upgrade overall (not just sound, but comfort), if I had to choose one, I would go with the CF2W.  However, if you really enjoy warm, club-like sound and listen to them at higher volumes, then the CFW1 are definitely better for that.

Quote:
  This thread is 42 pages rambling about the lack of any support for wireless tech from V-MODA side and the founder completely disappeared after forum posse has found the "problem" of the current revision. Does that answer your question? That's basically $170 for a leap of faith at the moment.

And I know where you're at, I'm sitting here with that $150 voucher as well waiting for Val to show up first.

Absolutely a leap of faith.  Although I don't like the lack of transparency, once they were available on Amazon, I decided to take the risk, since I could return free of charge AND my refund wouldn't take forever.  There is nothing else out there like the V-Moda style, so they have a monopoly in that respect.  Plus, I just can't get enough wireless headphones.  If a day goes by where I don't unbox something, I feel lost and empty.  =P

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #626 of 1,668
Got a good deal on a pair of new M100s for 150. If the CFW2s aren't fun enough for all types of music, I'll have the M100s. I love the sound signature.
I had the M100. I brought them to Canjam to compare to the CF2W. I liked the added depth of the bass on the M100 but all other aspects were definitely better on the CF2W. The bass is tighter on the CF2W. Plays well with all genres while the M100 is lacking when it comes to more musical genres. I traded them in there and got the matte black. Don't regret the decision at all. Just turned on the CF2W for bluetooth use just to see how it was. Pleasantly surprised! Compared to my DFR running to my Fiio E11 to the CF2W, the soundstage is wider, resolution is better as all my music is 16/44.1 or 24/96, but I found the bluetooth on the CF2W enjoyable still. Running from my Sony Xperia Z3. I put the sound field in studio mode to add a little wider soundstage to the headphone. 90% of the time, I'm absoulutely going to use my wired rig for music playback, but these are some very good cans. Better than I initially thought they would be.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #628 of 1,668
I had the M100. I brought them to Canjam to compare to the CF2W. I liked the added depth of the bass on the M100 but all other aspects were definitely better on the CF2W. The bass is tighter on the CF2W. Plays well with all genres while the M100 is lacking when it comes to more musical genres. I traded them in there and got the matte black. Don't regret the decision at all. Just turned on the CF2W for bluetooth use just to see how it was. Pleasantly surprised! Compared to my DFR running to my Fiio E11 to the CF2W, the soundstage is wider, resolution is better as all my music is 16/44.1 or 24/96, but I found the bluetooth on the CF2W enjoyable still. Running from my Sony Xperia Z3. I put the sound field in studio mode to add a little wider soundstage to the headphone. 90% of the time, I'm absoulutely going to use my wired rig for music playback, but these are some very good cans. Better than I initially thought they would be.

Thanks for the impressions. Cancelled the M100 order. I'll just wait and see for myself if the CF2W are good for movies and gaming. Also happy to hear about how good the bluetooth sounds without AptX. The first guy that had the matte black many pages ago said it sucked in Bluetooth, but everyone else since has said it's really good.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #629 of 1,668
Interestingly, Best Buy has them in stock online and at my local store. Would definitely be interested in a test drive if that means they have a demo... I had to exchange a defective cable anyway so I'll head over there sometime soon and check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back