Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #331 of 3,931
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post my experience as I go along.

Contacted UM ages ago, and they got back to me recently - very quick responses now.

Have just had my impressions taken in London, will arrange postage now.

Getting Se530 and HF2 re-shelled at the same time.

4075878678_c7bb6aa058_o.jpg

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #332 of 3,931
Can someone who has better luck getting in touch with Sam PLEASE ask him if he can remold ADDIEMs? I have sent several emails...he responded to the first one 2 1/2 weeks later, but nothing since then, and I can't catch him online as I am on the east coast and am therefore always asleep when he is online.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #333 of 3,931
kb1gra, i will try to see if i can contact him for you in terms of your question.

Byt the way, those impressions look very well done. Your monitors shouldn't ave any problems due to the impressions.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #334 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kb1gra, i will try to see if i can contact him for you in terms of your question.

Byt the way, those impressions look very well done. Your monitors shouldn't ave any problems due to the impressions.

Yeah, I'm jealous of those impressions. Damn clean. I gotta go get more tomorrow and I hope they look as nice.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #335 of 3,931
I couldnt find this info in this thread (but I'm sure its here somewhere), but how much would it be (+ shipping to US) to remold an older custom like a UE-10 or a livewire 2 driver?

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #336 of 3,931
It should be the same at $90 USD + $35 USD Shipping. Prices are approximate as it depends on currency exchange

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #338 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My review is up ladies and gentlemen. And I want to thank MaoDi for his patience in helping me out as well as mistertomlinson
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and yes tomlinson these suckers are clear. Absolutely like looking through glass. Some of the best acrylic I've ever seen used.

Sorry if I missed it but where is this review? I'm very curious to see a reshelled dynamic drivers as I'm sorely tempted to reshell my RE0s.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #341 of 3,931
I want to give a word of warning. Mine had to have a hole put in them. If he tells you that he needs to put a hole in them make sure you don't select a clear faceplate (body would still be ok). We were discussing it, and it makes sense that in time, dust is going to get up in there and there will be no way of removing it. So keep that in mind if he says he'll have to drill a hole.

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #343 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another question, can the same impressions be used twice?

Yes, if it's at the same time or the time frame is very short. As covered a few pages back, the impressions shrink within a month or two. But if you're sending two sets to be done at the same time, or within a short interval of each other, you don't need to do two sets of impressions.

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #344 of 3,931
Ahh, I see. Hmm, then if you already have a pair of customs, could those be used instead of impressions for new customs?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm pretty new to this

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #345 of 3,931
Typically, if the company has a SLA machine, they are able to scan the monitor into the computer and make your monitors from the impression file. However, i'm not sure if UM has this SLA machine, which they could scan your monitors. But if they do, then yes you could.

Starkey did this for me with my JH10X3's, and made my PM700 and PM800. Unfortunately, they are currently in for repair as the right side of the PM800 is more quiet than the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back