Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #302 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys/gals, help me out here. I already have JH13 and UM3x with UM56, give me a reason to reshell UM3x. I can't think of a good reason to tell my CFO to approve this.

I have not used my UM3x since I got my JH13.

Well, you could say you need a backup in case the JH13s fail. Also point out how cheap the remodeling is. Another idea is to cite how you need variation in your music.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #303 of 3,931
This lot intrigue me, you know that? It's almost guaranteed they'll come out with a top end competitor for the JH-13 Pro you'd think, no? Just a case of sit and wait til that happens?

I'm itching to send them something to reshell. The Super FREQs are the prime candidates methinks... good seal on the right ear, terrible on the left.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #305 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31t0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me tooo... thinking of remolding it a null audio

If you want the Null Audio cable it comes out to about the same price as Unique Melody. UM does the remolds for Null Audio, but Null Audio includes their cable and accessories, and has lower shipping charges.

I am going through Null Audio, and communication has been good. It's taking a little long to get my remolds though. I'm at about 45 days and they are now "In the Lab". If you go through Null Audio, I'd set your mind on two months just so you don't go crazy wanting them earlier.

If you don't want or need the Null Audio cable, you'll save the cost of the cable ($69 for the Enyo) by going directly through UM. Also. if you're in a hurry, going direct and paying for fast shipping is the quickest route.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #306 of 3,931
Null Audio is cheaper on shipping, but it's signifcantly slower also. It's Fedex Priority with UM, so you get it in two or three days. I got mine the next day. The process is also longer from Null Audio, so if you want the cable and accessories from Null audio and don't mind the wait go right ahead. They are great people, but if you want it fast and don't need accessories then UM is your best bet.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #307 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Null Audio is cheaper on shipping, but it's signifcantly slower also. It's Fedex Priority with UM, so you get it in two or three days. I got mine the next day. The process is also longer from Null Audio, so if you want the cable and accessories from Null audio and don't mind the wait go right ahead. They are great people, but if you want it fast and don't need accessories then UM is your best bet.

Null Audio uses DHL global mail, which is supposed to be 3-5 days. I don't have first hand experience yet.

It does seem that the process overall is much longer going through Null Audio though.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #308 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Null Audio uses DHL global mail, which is supposed to be 3-5 days. I don't have first hand experience yet.

It does seem that the process overall is much longer going through Null Audio though.

Took two weeks for the package to get to me.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #309 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys/gals, help me out here. I already have JH13 and UM3x with UM56, give me a reason to reshell UM3x. I can't think of a good reason to tell my CFO to approve this.

I have not used my UM3x since I got my JH13.

a reason to get it would be to give feedback to the head-fi community, i'd love to know how the um3x sounds when remolded
icon10.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #311 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been a while since they received my ear molds and they havnt ask me to pay...whats going on

go ask them, it's often for them to ask later on. It's definitely going to be before they ship out though.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #313 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31t0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or... is it possible to remold the livewire3?

Yes you can remold Custom monitors, including the Livewire Triples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back