Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #271 of 3,931
Would UM change the crossovers if no driver is added?

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #272 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would UM change the crossovers if no driver is added?

Nope, they take out everything. Put it all back in a custom mold, and close it up. There you go, that's a remold

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #273 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, they take out everything. Put it all back in a custom mold, and close it up. There you go, that's a remold

Ah right thanks. That's reassuring.

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #274 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah right thanks. That's reassuring.

No Problem

Also to everyone who was wondering about artwork, Sam has told me they try to stay away from artwork that's too complicated because the photo-quality artwork printer isn't here yet so their artwork abilities are limited. So if you're going for artwork go for something simple, and in one colour.

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #275 of 3,931
Sam says they may actually have the printer BY THE END OF THE YEAR!

He says the artwork I chose for my remolds may not look so good because my ears are so small and apparently there's some way for them to view what it may look like without actually painting the acrylic... maybe sand the faceplate down? Anyway, in the event that he tells me it's not a good idea, I'll be sending my shells back as soon as they get the printer.

I was really looking forward to the artwork I chose. I think it's easily the best solid colored image I've ever seen on customs!

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #276 of 3,931
Quote:

There's no biggie. Don't worry, a two way crossover can be just as good as a three way. JH10 vs JH10X3 is a very good example. Jerry wouldn't spend time making the jh10 if the 10X3 is better.

He would, I believe. He's got a competitive product for everything in the UE line; he wouldn't leave one out.

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #277 of 3,931
Quote:

No. The UM Mages are 3 Way Crossover, also if you add a driver to the TF10, they change it to three way

I talked to Sam about this and they also offer a 3-Way Crossover for the Super.fis like in some Westone setups if I understood that correctly. It's probably just a matter of personal preference I guess.
I prefer a somewhat linear sound so I decided to have the dedicated mid driver put in.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #278 of 3,931
HI guys,

So the last time I had the conversation of adding additional driver to Sf5p and the differences of the sound signature was like 5 months ago. However, since Sam took his time to explained the sound signature to me,.. I will share it with you guys.

Adding a mid driver in the Sf5P or UM2(in my friend's case) will give the SS of ES3 not ES3X. According to Sam,.. that will be a bump on mids. He likes it for Asian Pop music and that is what he went for(I think).

Adding an additional bass driver will give the SS of UE10. Which means flat and well balanced. Because of this, I bought a custom cable that brings out the mids a little more and I love it
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #279 of 3,931
Hmm interesting, great to hear that you can choose a different sound signature when you add a driver =)

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #280 of 3,931
Yep they can pretty much everything. Except for vibrating
wink_face.gif

I checked the ES3 SS and apparently it's only good for guitarists as the mids are too forward. I dunno if this is true or not, so guys... if you want to have your additional driver put in your new custom shells; remember that adding mid driver will have a big bump on the mids while adding bass driver will make SS flat. which I think is better for jazz and classical.

Don't worry,.. mine turns out great, and so will yours. I had to sent mine back once for a refit and now they work perfectly: )

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #281 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI guys,

So the last time I had the conversation of adding additional driver to Sf5p and the differences of the sound signature was like 5 months ago. However, since Sam took his time to explained the sound signature to me,.. I will share it with you guys.

Adding a mid driver in the Sf5P or UM2(in my friend's case) will give the SS of ES3 not ES3X. According to Sam,.. that will be a bump on mids. He likes it for Asian Pop music and that is what he went for(I think).

Adding an additional bass driver will give the SS of UE10. Which means flat and well balanced. Because of this, I bought a custom cable that brings out the mids a little more and I love it
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

So what cable did you apply to your remolded Sf5P + additional driver to bring out the mids?

I'm getting my Tf10P's remolded soon so I would like to know more about the cables that they offer
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #283 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by cirdec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i just check, if i already have an impression when i made my livewires, can i resue it for my reshell?

intend to send in my UE EBs for reshell

Impressions only hold up for about 2 months without shrinkage. Also, they are often cut to a partial form when making the molds. So it's doubtful that you'll be able to reuse them, unless they are very recent and they look like they did when you sent them.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #284 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Impressions only hold up for about 2 months without shrinkage. Also, they are often cut to a partial form when making the molds. So it's doubtful that you'll be able to reuse them, unless they are very recent and they look like they did when you sent them.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Appreciate the valuable information together with it.

Tght i cud save a few moolahs.

would anyone who have reshell his/her EBs share your aftermath?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back