Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #228 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok so where would one pick up one of those cables? email um?
i'm in the market for a new cable, trying to decide between the lune silver and the rest of the aftermarket cables.

Send an email to Sam, ask him for the Paypal number to UM. Pay UM, they'll have the cable shipped out.

Not sure how much it is including shipping though. Might want to ask Sam further in about this.

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #229 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by irjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm weird.. I know that sam already got my super.fi 5 pros, but he didn't charge me yet.

Although a few days ago he sent me a few quick shots of what the molds look like. They don't have the logo's printed yet, but i suspect it'll be done soon.

Will post pics when i receive em

He received my molds september 27th , did not charge me yet, did not start with mine yet.
He told me people are harassing him on msn because of this forum,
he assured me because I was patient and not in a hurry, this way my customs will be well done.
I told him to take his time.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #230 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by geomat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He received my molds september 27th , did not charge me yet, did not start with mine yet.
He told me people are harassing him on msn because of this forum,
he assured me because I was patient and not in a hurry, this way my customs will be well done.
I told him to take his time.

Lol harassing is a pretty strong word.

1. Is asking relevant questions with regards to ordering, multiplied by the number of people asking at any one time when he is online=harassment?

2. Is increased awareness of their business through forums like this not good for them?

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #231 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol harassing is a pretty strong word.

1. Is asking relevant questions with regards to ordering, multiplied by the number of people asking at any one time when he is online=harassment?

2. Is increased awareness of their business through forums like this not good for them?

Well as we all know, Sam isn't the most english speaking representative. So maybe through translation, the word harassment came up, so he used it without knowing it's such a strong word.

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #232 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well as we all know, Sam isn't the most english speaking representative. So maybe through translation, the word harassment came up, so he used it without knowing it's such a strong word.

I'm pretty sure Sam didn't use that word. He seems like a nice guy who is willing to help even with the language barrier (thats y i converse with him in chinese). I'm actually referring to the person who posted n interpreted what he said as 'harassment'.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #233 of 3,931
I know I've got to be a pain in the ass because I keep changing my order around. Mostly the cable. On my original order I asked for no cable, then switched to ordering the black Vienna, and now the original Pastoral.

I don't intend to change my order any more after this, but I know its got to be a pain in the ass
confused_face.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #235 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I've got to be a pain in the ass because I keep changing my order around. Mostly the cable. On my original order I asked for no cable, then switched to ordering the black Vienna, and now the original Pastoral.

I don't intend to change my order any more after this, but I know its got to be a pain in the ass
confused_face.gif

I know what you mean. I'm the same way. I changed my mind like 10 times but luckily, I hadn't paid or given them my order form yet and they were still waiting on my impressions, so no one was bothered. However... I'm trying to reach Sam within the next day or so before they complete my Mages because I've decided to get artwork afterall. Hopefully I can get to him before they're shipped.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #236 of 3,931
So my earphones came in today! Pretty excited. All in all, the total time it took from mailing to receiving was about 3.5 weeks. Here is a very initial review/impression.

I got a nice carrying case with cleaner, my old SE 530 shells, and an extra cable (im pretty sure its the $22 option.)

IMG_0844.jpg

The new shells are very well done, and the fit seems to be perfect. Will do a more in depth analysis later on.

I would like to take some time to talk about the artwork. I am satisfied with the overall results, however In my opinion, the artwork could have been better.

These are the images I sent:

jpg.jpg
and
png.png

I requested the artwork be done in grey. This is what I got.

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Notice the slight yellow/orange discolorations. I should also note that the scales were supposed to be on the left ear, and the triangle on the right. They are reversed.

When you compare the artwork to something like this:
Ear Art Gallery - Community - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

There's definitely room for improvement.

Initial sound impressions are OK. Hopefully these require burn in time...I will let you know in a week or so!

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #237 of 3,931
They actually chose an entirely different artwork without asking you first?!
redface.gif
Oh no. This is the FIRST negative move I've seen from UM. I'm a little disappointed. Kinda makes me worry a little about my artwork... Then again, maybe I should be happy that I haven't been able to reach Sam for artwork on my Mages before they ship them.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #239 of 3,931
i'm sure u all r aware that they dun have the same machines to churn out artwork like UE yet, although plans r to bring one in soon (not sure exactly when)

when i showed sam some initial awesome logos dat i wanted, he told me straight away dat it couldn't really be used. Depending on the planned arrival of the print machine, i would probably skip artwork totally n order soon or wait till it comes.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #240 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardson 1L /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Initial sound impressions are OK. Hopefully these require burn in time...I will let you know in a week or so!

Sorry if this a bit of a n00b-ish question, but surely if the drivers came out of your Shure SE530s, and have been used, wouldn't they already be burnt in?

Unless there is something extra about burning in drivers I'm not sure of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back