Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #211 of 3,931
Just a quick update and also a shameless bump....Sam told me my remolded se530s were sent back today. Soooo maybe I'll get them back next week...or the week after
tongue.gif

The turn around time was very quick for me. It only took two weeks for UM to finish reshelling my earphones. Total time so far for me is three weeks.

I'll post pictures when I get mine back. How are everyone elses orders doing?

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #212 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You pay when the package of your earphones, impressions, and form arrive at there place.

Hm weird.. I know that sam already got my super.fi 5 pros, but he didn't charge me yet.

Although a few days ago he sent me a few quick shots of what the molds look like. They don't have the logo's printed yet, but i suspect it'll be done soon.

Will post pics when i receive em

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #213 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, do you have that form? I didn't see it on their website.
I'm still interested in getting one from them but their lack of communication kept me away.

u have to get the form from sam, via email/messenger.

the language barrier will discourage many people, but thankfully i can converse with him in chinese.

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #214 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardson 1L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are everyone elses orders doing?

Impressions sent from Australia today - so I'll let you know how my timing goes.

Sam's been promptly responding via email with me - quite clear and to the point, covering questions with sufficient detail.

So far I'm impressed, by both the email liaison and most of what I've been following in this thread.

Keen for the next few weeks to pass so I can hear the results.

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #215 of 3,931
Can UM3X remold or add driver?

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #216 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can UM3X remold or add driver?

Yes, they can remold it. It's not on the additional driver list, but you can ask. I'm not sure why it would need an extra driver, since it already has the same drivers as the ES3X.

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #217 of 3,931
Am I the only person finding sam hard to get ahold of on Messenger? I sent an email but never got a response--maybe it's the time difference, but I've never been able to catch him online, either.

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #218 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only person finding sam hard to get ahold of on Messenger? I sent an email but never got a response--maybe it's the time difference, but I've never been able to catch him online, either.

It is a bit hard as he also works for artwork on the monitors, so he's in the lab a lot of the times. He's usually on MSN anytime from 7pm-3am Pacific Time.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #220 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a bit hard as he also works for artwork on the monitors, so he's in the lab a lot of the times. He's usually on MSN anytime from 7pm-3am Pacific Time.

That's pretty late for those of us on east coast time
frown.gif
I guess I'll try emailing again.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #221 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's his msn anyone?

To everyone that is continually asking this question, please read the whole thread starting from page one rather than jumping to the end. It defeats the purpose of putting up the information if people are just going to continually ask for it. Page one

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #222 of 3,931
MaoDi may wish to copy this information into his first post for informational purposes. I received pictures of all the available *custom* cables last night so I can put a picture to the words on the order page.
tongue_smile.gif

I'll order them from cheapest to most expensive. All cables are 1.2 meters long and are available in black in addition to the color shown.

Cable 1. The Weiguang
weiguang.jpg

Looks and feels very similar to the original black UE cable. Costs a mere 150 Renminbi or a few cents short of $22 USD.

Cable 2. The Purple Storm
53075956.jpg

Yes, lavender, not purple
tongue_smile.gif
I've heard from another user here that the cable sounds a bit bass heavy, though whether or not the average user would notice or not I wouldn't know. Costs 290 Renminbi or roughly $42.50 USD.

Cable 3. The Pastoral
2311388674d421fe2ec1c7a.jpg

The prettiest cable to me. Bit thicker. But I think it's the best choice of the bunch because the braid design gives it the flexibility of the purple storm, while at the same time the cable doesn't appear to produce the "heavy bass" effect that the purple storm has be told to. Also comes with a convenient clip to keep the cable from tugging on your IEMs. Costs 360 Renminbi or roughly $52.75 USD.

Cable 4. The Vienna
vienna.jpg

Thickest cable of them all. Pretty much non-portable. Comes in a nice big-bird of sesame street yellow. At least black is still available
tongue_smile.gif
Costs 480 Renminbi or $70.30 USD.

Of all the choices. I think I'm going to go for the Pastoral since I think it's the best all-around cable. I had the Vienna originally but I think I'll change my order because I'd have to get it in all black to even be able to look at it and I still use my IEMs alot portably. Couldn't see even trying to use the IEMs while walking with such a heavy cable. It's probably also major overkill for my meager 5EBs. I think the Pastoral is definitely for me.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #225 of 3,931
To Saintkeat: I don't think they're made by either company. For instance the purple storm's picture explicitly states it's designed by zephone. Plus I see the cables available for sale on various chinese trade websites. Lastly, if they were all made by the same company, I would assume there would be some confomity to the pictures. Why would a professional company take a picture of a headphone cable on a laptop? I personally believe these are aftermarket cables that are then resoldered with whatever connectors you asked for on your order.

To Lil' Knight: As I said *all* cables are available in black. But it's also my guess that this isn't a cable color. Rather I assume since they are universally offering black on all cables that they are putting something like a cable shrink or other sort of black wrapping around the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back