Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #857 of 3,153
Does anyone have some ideas on cables, which can make Miracles sound more enjoyable and less analytical. 

I am really tired of waiting for my Miracles and repairing To Go! 334.
if you have not listened to your Miracles yet, then wait for them. They are not analytical but musical. If you are not fully satisfied with the sound you can play with cables. I think they are just great but ordered the Tralucent silver gold cable as à fellow headfier recommended them with the Miracles.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #858 of 3,153
Quote:
if you have not listened to your Miracles yet, then wait for them. They are not analytical but musical. If you are not fully satisfied with the sound you can play with cables. I think they are just great but ordered the Tralucent silver gold cable as à fellow headfier recommended them with the Miracles.

Yes I am agree with you 
Um Miracle is musical sounding Ciem , for more refinement SQ you use Tralucent silver / gold cable .

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #859 of 3,153
What about Frank's Cables, the pure OCC silver one. for miracle ofc :p 

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #860 of 3,153
I have the Toxic Silver Widow, which I love with mine. It seems to compliment the Miracle well , does not sacrifice bottom end like some silver cables I have tried and also gives better extension up top than some copper cables I tried. But not cheap...I mean you pay for what you get.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #862 of 3,153
Loquah i am going for Toxic cable :D after i get a new dac and amp though because cables come later as an upgrade

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #863 of 3,153
Quote:

Where can i buy the cable you mentioned?
Hardly can find the website.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #864 of 3,153
Have to get my impressions done again, the audiologist didn't have a clue it would seem 
confused.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #867 of 3,153
Hi Guys

Just wondering if it would be possible/advisable to have a UM reshell done using the BA's from my UE700's and the dynamic driver from my Yamaha EPH-100's to create a hybrid CIEM? I emailed the UM sales alias yesterday asking the same question, but have not yet had a response as yet so thought I would ask the question on here to see if it is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, meant to post to the general UM thread not the miracle thread!

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #868 of 3,153
I repost here what I said in the Tralucent thread:

Ok guys, I don't know if this is a pure placebo effect, but I doubt it. The Tralucent silver / gold cable does change the sound signature of the Miracles. More liquid and organic sound, better bass impact (slightly), more bass quality. It's not night and day and depends on the music you are listening to, but overall I think it adds musicality to the Miracles. Might be slightly more fragile than my Beat Audio Cronus.

Anyways the problem with cables in my opinions is that you cannot do hundreds of comparisons because you'll ruin you CIEM sockets...

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #869 of 3,153
Quote:
I repost here what I said in the Tralucent thread:

Ok guys, I don't know if this is a pure placebo effect, but I doubt it. The Tralucent silver / gold cable does change the sound signature of the Miracles. More liquid and organic sound, better bass impact (slightly), more bass quality. It's not night and day and depends on the music you are listening to, but overall I think it adds musicality to the Miracles. Might be slightly more fragile than my Beat Audio Cronus.

Anyways the problem with cables in my opinions is that you cannot do hundreds of comparisons because you'll ruin you CIEM sockets...

Highly doubt it's not placebo.
All three are transition metals, there shouldn't be anything unique about each to somehow conduct electrons differently to the point where it affects our (pathetic) sense of hearing. 

IMHO, there COULD be a small difference, but it's just that. A difference, not an actual/measurable improvement. People may just like the different sound because they're expecting an improvement and will call it one. 

Or, people are just telling themselves it sounds better because they wasted half as much $ on the cable as they did on the actual IEM.

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #870 of 3,153
Highly doubt it's not placebo.
All three are transition metals, there shouldn't be anything unique about each to somehow conduct electrons differently to the point where it affects our (pathetic) sense of hearing. 

IMHO, there COULD be a small difference, but it's just that. A difference, not an actual/measurable improvement. People may just like the different sound because they're expecting an improvement and will call it one. 

Or, people are just telling themselves it sounds better because they wasted half as much $ on the cable as they did on the actual IEM.

Not to derail the thread with the dreaded cable debate, but I've had multiple experiences where I've expected better performance from an upgraded cable and been disappointed when it sounded worse. In both cases, it was going to silver-plated copper.

If you do some hunting around, you'll find that different metals have different resistance and conductance values which will effect the way the signal travels through the cable. Also, combining metals (e.g. silver plating) can cause issues where the signal is interfered with by the mixed characteristics and potentially by having "reflections" created at the transition points between the different metals.

As inaccurate as our ears are under some measurements, they are actually quite good at detecting subtle variations in sound (e.g. tonal differences between cables, difference between lossless and lossy compression, etc.) This is probably due to the mechanisms we rely on for "reading" the super subtle cues within a person's tone of voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back