Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #1,396 of 3,153
Quote:
The DACport LX is really good. I mean I wasn't even using its full potential until I got the Triad L3 and hooked that up to a dedicated PSU (clean power) and that is when I can confidently say I reached the LX full capability. Both are just superb together :).

there is a PSU that is in my head now :p but i am not planing to take it before the Toxic cable :D 

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,397 of 3,153
Quote:
Lee, how much does a dedicated psu cost? I need to hook up my dac/amp and speakers to one of those I think!

Well I don't know how much it would cost in your case? Mine when it was in production was going for $150.00. But the Firestone PSU has been discontinued and I got mine for $75.00 instead (the guy from AVHI was really cool!). You'd need to ensure that the PSU provides the exact power requirements your amp needs (or DAC I guess)? I've heard of people using PSUs on DACs as well with good results (even the DACport LX recently).

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,398 of 3,153
Quote:
Well I don't know how much it would cost in your case? Mine when it was in production was going for $150.00. But the Firestone PSU has been discontinued and I got mine for $75.00 instead (the guy from AVHI was really cool!). You'd need to ensure that the PSU provides the exact power requirements your amp needs (or DAC I guess)? I've heard of people using PSUs on DACs as well with good results (even the DACport LX recently).

You got such a great deal on that 
size]

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,399 of 3,153
Quote:

Thanks. Won't derail the thread further. Thinking I might need it for my speakers as the issue seems to be from there. Could be wrong though.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,402 of 3,153
Quote:
It's been 6 weeks to the day since i sent my impressions in, can't be much longer now 
deadhorse.gif

Apparently there was a delay of some description (sorry, I didn't get any more clarity than that) so it might be longer than 6 weeks for many of us depending on when your impressions were sent.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #1,403 of 3,153
Quote:

Apparently there was a delay of some description (sorry, I didn't get any more clarity than that) so it might be longer than 6 weeks for many of us depending on when your impressions were sent.

I sent the impressions to theheadphonecompany.co.uk and they received them 6th March, they send direct to lab. No dealing with UM Aus.

Will it be quicker ya reckon?

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #1,404 of 3,153
I sent the impressions to theheadphonecompany.co.uk and they received them 6th March, they send direct to lab. No dealing with UM Aus.

From what I gather, the delay is with UM Lab, but hopefully I'm wrong. Best of luck.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #1,405 of 3,153
it is always better to send them to the lab yourself and contact stephen, that way i got mine in 3 weeks after they got my impressions.

don't depend on the company and do the work yourself :/ 

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #1,406 of 3,153
Quote:
I think that Alias Gu has been waiting for something like 10 weeks now. 

Yes, exactly. Roughly 10 weeks.
I will tell you that UM Lab is waiting for their crystal paperweight right now.They will be in stock in 20th.
So basically if you sent your impressions a month ago, you probably will receive your CIEMs around 23th or 24th.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,409 of 3,153
Quote:

Mine took just over 10 weeks from THC.  Your best bet is to try and forget about them.  Mine randomly showed up despite UM Global saying to expect another 3 weeks due to CNY delay.  I've been using them now for a couple of weeks and like everyone says 'its well worth the wait'.  

I wondered what you guys use as a portable source for your Miracles? One of the main reasons I bought CIEMS was for their portability and isolation.  I currently have an iPod Classic 5th Gen, an iPhone 4s and a Colorfly C3.  If I really had to lean one way (in terms of sound quality) it would be towards the C3, the sound is slightly more full and the soundstage is greater.  However, I HATE the Colorfly for everything else, its UI is so small and in bright light illegible, having to transfer to the Micro SD is a tedious, laborious process, it crashes, it dies....... well you get the point!

Basically how can I get the very most out of my Miracles but still remain portable enough for everyday use.  Does anyone use an amp combo with the iPod?  If so which?  I listen to all genres, so a versatile solution would be best. 

Oh and below is a pic of my Miracles, sorry about the quality! 

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,410 of 3,153
If you have the money, a 1 box solution like the DX100 or the HM901 will probably be best and it will be more portable than stacking an ipod with a dac and amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back