Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #1,411 of 3,153
Quote:
 Mine took just over 10 weeks from THC.  Your best bet is to try and forget about them.  Mine randomly showed up despite UM Global saying to expect another 3 weeks due to CNY delay.  I've been using them now for a couple of weeks and like everyone says 'its well worth the wait'.  

I wondered what you guys use as a portable source for your Miracles? One of the main reasons I bought CIEMS was for their portability and isolation.  I currently have an iPod Classic 5th Gen, an iPhone 4s and a Colorfly C3.  If I really had to lean one way (in terms of sound quality) it would be towards the C3, the sound is slightly more full and the soundstage is greater.  However, I HATE the Colorfly for everything else, its UI is so small and in bright light illegible, having to transfer to the Micro SD is a tedious, laborious process, it crashes, it dies....... well you get the point!

Basically how can I get the very most out of my Miracles but still remain portable enough for everyday use.  Does anyone use an amp combo with the iPod?  If so which?  I listen to all genres, so a versatile solution would be best. 

I've tried to forget, mainly by buying tubes to try out in my Lyr, bought 12 pairs so far, costing me a fortune.

I need the miracles to show up just to distract me from the Lyr and the endless tube rolling 
blink.gif

I'll be using my Miracles with my Nexus 4 for now, treble is quite rolled off though so i'll need something better eventually, might buy a Sandisk clip+ in the interim.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #1,412 of 3,153
Quote:
 Mine took just over 10 weeks from THC.  Your best bet is to try and forget about them.  Mine randomly showed up despite UM Global saying to expect another 3 weeks due to CNY delay.  I've been using them now for a couple of weeks and like everyone says 'its well worth the wait'.  

I wondered what you guys use as a portable source for your Miracles? One of the main reasons I bought CIEMS was for their portability and isolation.  I currently have an iPod Classic 5th Gen, an iPhone 4s and a Colorfly C3.  If I really had to lean one way (in terms of sound quality) it would be towards the C3, the sound is slightly more full and the soundstage is greater.  However, I HATE the Colorfly for everything else, its UI is so small and in bright light illegible, having to transfer to the Micro SD is a tedious, laborious process, it crashes, it dies....... well you get the point!

Basically how can I get the very most out of my Miracles but still remain portable enough for everyday use.  Does anyone use an amp combo with the iPod?  If so which?  I listen to all genres, so a versatile solution would be best. 

Oh and below is a pic of my Miracles, sorry about the quality! 

Beautiful - love the subtle, grey design!

I find the iPod 5G with Tralucent T1 is a great combination, but it's a bit chunky as a stack. I've recently picked up an iRiver AK100 which is sublime! I don't have my Miracles back yet, but the AK100 + Tralucent T1 sounds ridiculous with my GR07s which have a similar signature to the Miracles. I know the T1 pairs beautifully with the Miracles so I can only imagine how good the AK100 + T1 will sound with them. It's a massive step up from the iPod 5G and that's saying something!

I looked long and hard at getting the DX100 for the sake of a single device, but settled on the AK100 because of it's better UI (some say it's buggy, but I've had nothing but joy so far), smaller size and more organic sound (based on very trustworthy recommendations from the person who was going to sell me his DX100!)

I would probably go direct for the RWAK100 if you don't want to use an amp. I will be getting my AK100 modded to the RWAK100 version in the future because it will then drive the Miracles perfectly straight from the HPO. For now though, the 22ohm output impedance of the stock AK100 means it creates really bad frequency anomalies in any 'phone below about 60 ohms.

Here's my ultimate stack just waiting for my Miracles to return...

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,413 of 3,153
Quote:

Beautiful - love the subtle, grey design!

I find the iPod 5G with Tralucent T1 is a great combination, but it's a bit chunky as a stack. I've recently picked up an iRiver AK100 which is sublime! I don't have my Miracles back yet, but the AK100 + Tralucent T1 sounds ridiculous with my GR07s which have a similar signature to the Miracles. I know the T1 pairs beautifully with the Miracles so I can only imagine how good the AK100 + T1 will sound with them. It's a massive step up from the iPod 5G and that's saying something!

I looked long and hard at getting the DX100 for the sake of a single device, but settled on the AK100 because of it's better UI (some say it's buggy, but I've had nothing but joy so far), smaller size and more organic sound (based on very trustworthy recommendations from the person who was going to sell me his DX100!)

I would probably go direct for the RWAK100 if you don't want to use an amp. I will be getting my AK100 modded to the RWAK100 version in the future because it will then drive the Miracles perfectly straight from the HPO. For now though, the 22ohm output impedance of the stock AK100 means it creates really bad frequency anomalies in any 'phone below about 60 ohms.

Here's my ultimate stack just waiting for my Miracles to return...

I was just thinking about if T1 can make a great sound with my AK100. Now you make me sure that will work!

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #1,415 of 3,153
Quote:

Oh and below is a pic of my Miracles, sorry about the quality! 

Love the design.

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #1,416 of 3,153
[size=10.0pt]To be honest, I think I'm going to stick with the iPod, I've bought a 240gb HD for it and I'm going to mod it.  The AK100 looks great, but its pretty expensive. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Do people think I need an amp with the iPod for the Miracles?  Is the iPod enough on its own to drive them to their full potential?  I don’t want to be stuck in the situation where I have amazing headphones but I am not utilising them to their full potential because of the source. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]I've tried sticking with the C3, but it's starting to ruin my enjoyment of music and creates far more headaches than the 'better' SQ is worth. At the end of the day the GUI is important to me. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Thanks for the comments re the design.  I went with with Dark Smoke (I think that’s what its called) with clear canal inserts and my initials on each monitor, works well. [/size]

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,417 of 3,153
Quote:
[size=10.0pt]To be honest, I think I'm going to stick with the iPod, I've bought a 240gb HD for it and I'm going to mod it.  The AK100 looks great, but its pretty expensive. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Do people think I need an amp with the iPod for the Miracles?  Is the iPod enough on its own to drive them to their full potential?  I don’t want to be stuck in the situation where I have amazing headphones but I am not utilising them to their full potential because of the source. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]I've tried sticking with the C3, but it's starting to ruin my enjoyment of music and creates far more headaches than the 'better' SQ is worth. At the end of the day the GUI is important to me. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Thanks for the comments re the design.  I went with with Dark Smoke (I think that’s what its called) with clear canal inserts and my initials on each monitor, works well. [/size]

No. change your source. if not ak100 or rwak100, then dx100.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #1,418 of 3,153
Quote:

Most if not all will tell you no. There are reasons why dedicated audio players are in the marker (I guess). The question is how much you value the little nuances i.e. differences. To some, the difference is large, to others, not so much. 

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,420 of 3,153
Quote:

[size=10.0pt]Do people think I need an amp with the iPod for the Miracles?  Is the iPod enough on its own to drive them to their full potential?  I don’t want to be stuck in the situation where I have amazing headphones but I am not utilising them to their full potential because of the source.[/size]

Give it a try and decide for yourself. My Fostex HP-P1 ran out of juice on Sunday and I wanted to hear the rest of the music I had in mind, so I plugged my 334s (R S Miracle getting refitted) right into the iPod and thought (as I have before) this sounds pretty good just plugged into the HP jack.

No doubt you can achieve better sound with a different DAP and/or DAC/AMP then directly out of a i~device's hp jack. It's just a question of how much better and for how much money and trouble you want to go to, to get there.

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,421 of 3,153
Quote:
No doubt you can achieve better sound with a different DAP and/or DAC/AMP then directly out of a i~device's hp jack. It's just a question of how much better and for how much money and trouble you want to go to, to get there.

Agree. There's no doubt the RW/AK100 and DX100 are better (but unmodded AK100 probably is best with an amplifier due to 22ohm output) than iPod, but the iPods are still great for what they are. I have tried Cowon, Walkman, Android phones, and now AK100. Without doubt, the only one I choose over the iPod is the AK100 and the iPod (unmodded 5.5G with 240Gb HDD) is still a very valued backup.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,423 of 3,153
Arrow, VorzAmp, iQube, Quickstep? All of them have almost 0ohm output impedance, which is great for Miracle.

Any other recommendations of amps ( besides T1 which has already been in my consideration and less than 300 bucks) for my AK100 and Miracles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back