Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2,191 of 3,153
Quote:
Love the designs, especially the one in the middle. The silver faceplates are so nice! 

I think that carbon inserts looks better than titanium in real life, but photo can't express all the charms of carbon... BTW custom metal inserts in life also looks better than on photos IMO 

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #2,192 of 3,153
Quote:

I think that carbon inserts looks better than titanium in real life, but photo can't express all the charms of carbon... BTW custom metal inserts in life also looks better than on photos IMO 

I wanted to change my design to one with carbon faceplates and add money but UM didn't let me...

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #2,193 of 3,153
Quote:
Just received my Miracles!

I purchased them from Stephen Guo (custom-iem), and despite the extended waiting time, his service is very prompt and friendly.

Unfortunately, will be RMA'ing my DX100 so my impressions with the DX100 would be delayed.

Quote:
Got my Miracles today, here are a few photos (on second photo my Miracles in center and my Merlins on sides... on photos with three pairs of IEMs, from left to right: my Miracles, Merlins of my friend, my Merlins):

How long did you guys have to wait for your Miracles? UM has had my impressions since the beginning of July and they're no where to be seen yet.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #2,194 of 3,153
Quote:
How long did you guys have to wait for your Miracles? UM has had my impressions since the beginning of July and they're no where to be seen yet.

I had to wait exactly 10 weeks from the day (20 May) UM Labs received my ear impressions. I believe they are currently facing a huge amount of orders and have posted that waiting time is estimated to be 8-12 weeks now.

Seriously loving the sound paired with the AK120!
etysmile.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,195 of 3,153
Quote:
I had to wait exactly 10 weeks from the day (20 May) UM Labs received my ear impressions. I believe they are currently facing a huge amount of orders and have posted that waiting time is estimated to be 8-12 weeks now.

Seriously loving the sound paired with the AK120!
etysmile.gif

Oh man, the wait is unbearable! And it's only been 6 weeks! Another month before i get them 
triportsad.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2,197 of 3,153
Quote:

I had somewhat special situation with my Miracles, I ordered them whithout sending my impressions at first, because they have 3d scans of the impressions from which they maked me Merlins... but after some time they known that I have a little claims to fit of my Merlins, so they stopped making me Miracles and asked me to send new impressions and text which discribes what is exactly I don't like with my Merlins fit... after some time I got free time to make new impressions... after some time I got free time to send impressins... after UM recieved my impressins they didn't back to making me Miracles immediatly, so there was again some waiting here.......so I paid my Miracles on 11 May and I got them on 7 August...
The funny thing is I will most likely will be sending my Miracles on refit, they are much bigger than my Merlins and so Miracles is really fit too tight for me, they press on my ear channels too much, after wearing Miracles and wearing Merlins after them I kinda already don't have any issues with Merlins fit (the issues is still there, but compared to Miracles fit, my issues with Merlins fit now seems to me insignificant)... so all the troubles with new impressions was in vain and I'm planning sending my Miracles on refit whithout new impressions but with a request to refit them based on 3d scans of the impressions on which they maked me Merlins 
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2,198 of 3,153
Hi guys. Has any of you using HM901 to drive this lovely IEM? My miracle still on the way to my home and i am still thinking which amp card in 901 i should use to drive the UM Miracle... ANY IDEA? :D

Now i am only focus on these 2 cards: balance card and minibox card. Does anyone has experience of hearing the Miracle on these amp card?

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2,202 of 3,153
My Miracles are back for repair due to a crack in the left earpiece.

I keep them in a semi rigid Westone case with a sachet of silica. Is it possible that the Silica is drying out the Acrylic and causing brittleness ??

Any thoughts on this ??

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #2,203 of 3,153
Quote:
My Miracles are back for repair due to a crack in the left earpiece.

I keep them in a semi rigid Westone case with a sachet of silica. Is it possible that the Silica is drying out the Acrylic and causing brittleness ??

Any thoughts on this ??

That is not possible IMO. Acrylic is supposed to be dry, and Silica cannot make it brittle. Only large changes in temperature or an actual physical shock could cause that. Or maybe the way you put them in and remove them. If it puts pressure on the sockets, it may cause cracks.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #2,204 of 3,153
Quote:
That is not possible IMO. Acrylic is supposed to be dry, and Silica cannot make it brittle. Only large changes in temperature or an actual physical shock could cause that. Or maybe the way you put them in and remove them. If it puts pressure on the sockets, it may cause cracks.

Fair comment. The crack was round the top of the "nozzle" that goes into the inner ear. I am always very careful how i handle them. The case may have had a knock while in my jacket pocket. I would imagine that even dry acrylic retains some moisture though. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #2,205 of 3,153
Quote:

Fair comment. The crack was round the top of the "nozzle" that goes into the inner ear. I am always very careful how i handle them. The case may have had a knock while in my jacket pocket. I would imagine that even dry acrylic retains some moisture though. 

You know, that was exactly what happened to mine. Bad quality or coincidence? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back