Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #2,161 of 3,153
Quote:

Strange though. The comparisons your making.... Jazzyfis Se5s would be more reminiscent of the LCD3 yet you find the Miracles to be on the darker side? Sounds like something isn't right here.... If anything I was thinking the Miracles would be brighter than the SE5?

I dunno about others but I hear a bit more treble out of the Audeze LCD-3 than the UM Miracles for some reason. I was shocked as well when I heard it at both the Melbourne meet and at A2A. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #2,162 of 3,153
Quote:
I dunno about others but I hear a bit more treble out of the Audeze LCD-3 than the UM Miracles for some reason. I was shocked as well when I heard it at both the Melbourne meet and at A2A. 

Hmm. Well I heard there are variances with the LCD3 as well but I have a feeling something may be up with your miracles as well :p.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #2,163 of 3,153
Quote:
Hmm. Well I know there are variances with the LCD3 as well but I have a feeling something may be up with your miracles as well :p.

Maybe but the fit was pretty good. Maybe they sounded dark because I was using the B2s before them... If you have heard them that you will know what I mean. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #2,164 of 3,153
The LCD3 has lower than neutral freq response from the uppermost mids to about 12kHz judging from looking at graphs and my listening experience (however without checking with test tones). I think most people agree that it's dark sounding. If you find your Miracle to sound darker (!!!) .... then I frankly think something is wrong with it. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #2,165 of 3,153
Quote:
The LCD3 has lower than neutral freq response from the uppermost mids to about 12kHz judging from looking at graphs and my listening experience (however without checking with test tones). I think most people agree that it's dark sounding. If you find your Miracle to sound darker (!!!) .... then I frankly think something is wrong with it. 

Mine sounds perfectly fine to me, but they are back for a remould so I'll see if anything's changed when they get back. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #2,166 of 3,153
I agree. Also Saraguie owns both the miracles and the LCD3 I think he would be a good person to ask this question to. I do think there may be an issue with your miracles as well.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #2,167 of 3,153
Quote:
I agree. Also Saraguie owns both the miracles and the LCD3 I think he would be a good person to ask this question to. I do think there may be an issue with your miracles as well.

The Audeze LCD-3 that I tried had the stock cable and so did my Miracles. I also tried the AKG K3003 and found it brighter as well, more so than the LCD-3. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,168 of 3,153
To be honest I had hoped the Miracles to be more sparkling too than I find them at the moment. I wouldn't say they were dark though. For now however I'm blaming the source. I hope to test them pretty soon with either a DX50 or a Fiio X3.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #2,169 of 3,153
Miracle is indeed brighter than SE5. That's why I said Miracle has a slight v shaped sound. I think a lot of people agree to this.

Strange though. The comparisons your making.... Jazzyfis Se5s would be more reminiscent of the LCD3 yet you find the Miracles to be on the darker side? Sounds like something isn't right here.... If anything I was thinking the Miracles would be brighter than the SE5?

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #2,170 of 3,153
I'd have trouble defining the Miracles as with v-shaped or neutral, but I know they're definitely not "mid forward" like my SE535s and they're much more revealing in the top end. They're also not bright like the Re272s, but that could be due to better bass rather than less treble.

For me they are really nicely balanced and therefore are very revealing of the source. I like a warm sig so love them with RWAK100, but find them a little edgy with my Audio-gd NFB-5.2 and Dragonfly.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2,172 of 3,153
Quote:
I would say they're a litlle bit u-shaped than v shape.. v-shape is the fx700 and even ex1000 when you compare the three

Wow. I figured most would see the EX1000 as balanced more than anything else. But I agree with you the mids did take somewhat of a back seat. But it's bass was in no way prominent. It was the treble. The MDR-7550s I consider very well balanced with a slight emphasis on the mids and bass. Treble is still in line with both though IMO.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,173 of 3,153
yeah that's my definition of v shape.. while yes the the bass was no prominent, the mids were very distant and left me desiring for more.. this is more obvious when I compared sm3, fx700, ex1000, um3x, westone 2 & 4 at the same time

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #2,174 of 3,153
yeah that's my definition of v shape.. while yes the the bass was no prominent, the mids were very distant and left me desiring for more.. this is more obvious when I compared sm3, fx700, ex1000, um3x, westone 2 & 4 at the same time
I wouldn't make the mids out to be so recessed though they are a bit recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back