Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #2,147 of 3,153
I pair my Miracles with a the Colorfly C3 and the C&C BH amp and I'm very happy with this set up, it beats my ipod or iphone hands down.  Yes, the UI for the Colorfly is pretty shoddy, but you'll forgive this for the sound quality and also the ability to play a whole host of different file types. Might I add the battery life on the Colorfly is immense and also the C&C amp lasts for 80 hours! All for £150 - cant go wrong in my opinion.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2,148 of 3,153
A fit issue: both shells have a good seal, but the one in my left ear is  little looser and at a closer look it is a bit smaller than the right one, but ears can be different. It doesn't affect the sound quality, but it feels different in both ears and that is a little annoying. I only have them for four days now, so is anyone familiar with this and can anyone tell me if this is a matter of getting used to?
I really don't want te send them back, that's why I need your help first. Thanks!

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,149 of 3,153
Quote:
A fit issue: both shells have a good seal, but the one in my left ear is  little looser and at a closer look it is a bit smaller than the right one, but ears can be different. It doesn't affect the sound quality, but it feels different in both ears and that is a little annoying. I only have them for four days now, so is anyone familiar with this and can anyone tell me if this is a matter of getting used to?
I really don't want te send them back, that's why I need your help first. Thanks!

if these are your 1st CIEM then give it two weeks, mine was annoying at 1st and i was thinking about a refit but in less than two weeks things started to be prefect and still are 

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,150 of 3,153
Wow! Thanks all for the invaluable input! The aforementioned DAPs are priced too steep for me and I just spent a bomb on the miracles. Are there any other suitable DAPs? Anybody has a take on the Fiio X3?

@lin0003 What's your take of the X3 + DAC? 

What if I pair my iPod Classic with an amp/dac?
If you mean the X3 + the Matrix portable, then I really liked it but it was just too dark for the Miracles.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #2,151 of 3,153
Quote:
If you mean the X3 + the Matrix portable, then I really liked it but it was just too dark for the Miracles.

Haha! I read online that this pairing is really dark! You like a dark sound sig?

Quote:

Oh yes you need some time to get used to the fit, it was pretty bad for me initially and if this is your first pair of CIEMs it will be even more so uncomfortable for you. Do remember to fit the miracles inside the groove of your Fossa, give it a week or two, if there are still fit issues, you should send it back.

Quote:
I pair my Miracles with a the Colorfly C3 and the C&C BH amp and I'm very happy with this set up, it beats my ipod or iphone hands down.  Yes, the UI for the Colorfly is pretty shoddy, but you'll forgive this for the sound quality and also the ability to play a whole host of different file types. Might I add the battery life on the Colorfly is immense and also the C&C amp lasts for 80 hours! All for £150 - cant go wrong in my opinion.

How has the sound changed for you? 

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #2,153 of 3,153
Haha! I read online that this pairing is really dark! You like a dark sound sig?

Oh yes you need some time to get used to the fit, it was pretty bad for me initially and if this is your first pair of CIEMs it will be even more so uncomfortable for you. Do remember to fit the miracles inside the groove of your Fossa, give it a week or two, if there are still fit issues, you should send it back.

How has the sound changed for you? 
Not really. The miracles are a bit too dark with a neutral source for me already.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #2,154 of 3,153
Quote:
Not really. The miracles are a bit too dark with a neutral source for me already.

Hmm you consider the Miracles dark? I was under the impressions they are anything but dark.... Good thing you didn't go for the 8As then lol. You'd be in for a rude awakening. :p

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #2,159 of 3,153
Quote:
Yeah lol. I find that the LCD 3 is just what I like.

Strange though. The comparisons your making.... Jazzyfis Se5s would be more reminiscent of the LCD3 yet you find the Miracles to be on the darker side? Sounds like something isn't right here.... If anything I was thinking the Miracles would be brighter than the SE5?

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #2,160 of 3,153
I have heard LCD3 and it is definitely dark. Miracle is very balanced, with a slightly V-shaped freq curve. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back