Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
May 28, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #1,771 of 3,153
I received mine today. Despite the wait being around 2 1/2 months, my immediate impression is it was worth it. I have owned a number of fairly high-end headphones (Beyer T1, AKG K701, HiFiMan HE500, AT W3000ANV) and heard others (HD800) and these are probably the best of all. Very detailed but not at all fatiguing, dynamic with great bass response but fairly neutral (to my ears anyway). Very pleased! And fit is perfect luckily.

May 28, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,772 of 3,153
Quote:
I received mine today. Despite the wait being around 2 1/2 months, my immediate impression is it was worth it. I have owned a number of fairly high-end headphones (Beyer T1, AKG K701, HiFiMan HE500, AT W3000ANV) and heard others (HD800) and these are probably the best of all. Very detailed but not at all fatiguing, dynamic with great bass response but fairly neutral (to my ears anyway). Very pleased! And fit is perfect luckily.

GRATZ!! :D what will you pair it with in the future? copper or silver fan? : P

May 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #1,773 of 3,153
Just using the standard cable at the moment but might look at something else (longer) for home listening. Currently running out of my Benchmark DAC2.

I was ready to dislike these given that they took twice as long to get here as originally quoted but I just can't! It's pretty stunning that this sound can come out of IEMs. Soundstage seems even better than the K701 and HD800 that are renowned for their soundstage. Maybe not as expansive, but more realistic. And did I mention the bass? Deep but not boomy or muddy. I'm hearing low-frequency details I've never heard before on any system, speakers or headphones.

I'm mainly a speaker guy but I can't imagine a non-speaker experience much better than this.

May 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,774 of 3,153
Just received mine yesterday. The wait was pretty long though, almost 7weeks. Haven't get to audition them cause I'm on holiday overseas. Was kinda hoping they arrive before my trip so I can get to use them.

May 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #1,775 of 3,153
I didn't like my Miracles when using them with my Nexus 4 phone, has bad sound quality, that phone is junk for audio 
blink.gif

Now using my Miracles on a RockBox'd Clip+ and i'm much happyer, it's audio Nirvana 
L3000.gif

I'm sure there is alot better out there, but the AK100 has too high output impedence and the iBasso DX100 is mahoosive. Colorfly C4 Pro looks nice but i fear it's too big also, and it's looks would attract unwanted attention i feel.

If no-one can recommend a high-end small player with low output impedence (2 ohm maximum) i'll stick with the Clip+

May 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,776 of 3,153
You can buy DIY imod for really cheap lately, combine that with Headstage Arrow and you'll have a very decent sounding combo with relatively small footprint.
Not as small as AK100 but cheaper and better. I like it more than the RWAK100. I sold mine because to me it has no dynamic, flat, and boring.
Quote:
I didn't like my Miracles when using them with my Nexus 4 phone, has bad sound quality, that phone is junk for audio 
blink.gif

Now using my Miracles on a RockBox'd Clip+ and i'm much happyer, it's audio Nirvana 
L3000.gif

I'm sure there is alot better out there, but the AK100 has too high output impedence and the iBasso DX100 is mahoosive. Colorfly C4 Pro looks nice but i fear it's too big also, and it's looks would attract unwanted attention i feel.

If no-one can recommend a high-end small player with low output impedence (2 ohm maximum) i'll stick with the Clip+

May 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,777 of 3,153
blink.gif

don't forget to include the HiSound Studio V :)

Colorfly C4 has high impedance also

L3000.gif

don't forget to include the HiSound Studio V :)

Colorfly C4 has high impedance also

May 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #1,778 of 3,153
So far, with all the portable devices I have tried: AK100, clip, Sony AWZ-845, DX100, Nexus 7 and my own Motorola phone, DX100 seems to have the best synergy for the Miracle.

The newly updated firmware (1.4.2 which sounds like the 1.2.7) gives a little bit more weight to the bass makes the CIEM more fun to listen for most of the pops while keeps the mid and high clear.

I am also planing to upgrade toss away my broken IE8 to UM and upgrade them into a 3+1 hybrid CIEM. Anyone have experience with it before?

May 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,779 of 3,153
Quote:
blink.gif

L3000.gif

I have the Colorfly C3 and whilst I wouldn't compre it to the C4 (or maybe I could) the thing is a b*tch to use and have reneged upon the Colorfly and have returned to the iPod, whilst this may not result in the best sound quality, Im yet to find a suggestion for a decent source that doesn't cost £££. I keep thinking, perhaps Im not getting the best out of my Miracles but I don't feel that the iPod classic is not enough as each time i plug it in I smile. Perhaps the DX100 makes them shine, but come on, there has to be a cut off right? 

May 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,780 of 3,153
Quote:
I have the Colorfly C3 and whilst I wouldn't compre it to the C4 (or maybe I could) the thing is a b*tch to use and have reneged upon the Colorfly and have returned to the iPod, whilst this may not result in the best sound quality, Im yet to find a suggestion for a decent source that doesn't cost £££. I keep thinking, perhaps Im not getting the best out of my Miracles but I don't feel that the iPod classic is not enough as each time i plug it in I smile. Perhaps the DX100 makes them shine, but come on, there has to be a cut off right? 

The Rockboxed Clip+ is really growing on me, sounds comparable to plugging my Miracles into my Maverick D1.

For £20 it's gotta be worth a try to see if it's better than an iPod.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4GB-SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Plus-MP3-Player-FM-Radio-Voice-Recorder-Micro-SD-White-/190811012027?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item2c6d38fbbb

Don't let the 4GB put you off, you can stick a 64GB Micro SD in there (Unlike an Apple product)

I am tempted to bite the bullet and splurge on a DX100 sometime this year, i think carrying a brick is the price i'll have to pay for audio perfection.

May 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,781 of 3,153
The Rockboxed Clip+ is really growing on me, sounds comparable to plugging my Miracles into my Maverick D1.

For £20 it's gotta be worth a try to see if it's better than an iPod.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4GB-SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Plus-MP3-Player-FM-Radio-Voice-Recorder-Micro-SD-White-/190811012027?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item2c6d38fbbb

Don't let the 4GB put you off, you can stick a 64GB Micro SD in there (Unlike an Apple product)

I am tempted to bite the bullet and splurge on a DX100 sometime this year, i think carrying a brick is the price i'll have to pay for audio perfection.
I have a DX100, and it is absolutely sensational.

May 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,782 of 3,153
Quote:
(...) Im yet to find a suggestion for a decent source that doesn't cost £££. I keep thinking, perhaps Im not getting the best out of my Miracles but I don't feel that the iPod classic is not enough as each time i plug it in I smile. Perhaps the DX100 makes them shine, but come on, there has to be a cut off right? 

FiiO X3 might be the player fitting your bill (USD200). It's so new, that it's not really on the market, but very soon, I think. If you can wait, there is a X5 on the way. More expensive, but supposed to be better sounding and takes two micro SD cards.

May 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,783 of 3,153
Quote:
FiiO X3 might be the player fitting your bill (USD200). It's so new, that it's not really on the market, but very soon, I think. If you can wait, there is a X5 on the way. More expensive, but supposed to be better sounding and takes two micro SD cards.

Yeah, like Pooters I'm thinking the DX100 might be the one to go for, although I'm waiting to hear more about the DX50 before entering the world of multi thousand $ portable gear. X3 does look pretty interesting and there is a guy on eBay selling these now, theres some headache about warranty or something though, anyone tried this with the X3 or no of any other low impedence source?.  I never thought I'd be so hung up on the drag and drop functionality of an ipod, but since trying device with external cards, (C3) trying to keep this organised is a nightmare, for instance each time you drag an album onto the external SD card the card will sort all albums on the device by date, not alphabetically etc etc which has its obvious draw backs.  I wonder if the clip works in this way too? 

I'd love to try a high end source with my miracles, I don't know of any where in the UK (london) that has this capability, which is a shame as if theres a notable difference that warrants an extra £500, well, thats what credit cards are for....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back