Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
May 31, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #1,786 of 3,153
IT'S STILLLL NOT WITH ME YET..
But the good news is, it's already here in the country according to the Um dealer.
I am excited to try them on the Studio V as my studio and fitear 000 cables are already 189 hrs burned in and by tomorrow will be the last day (200)

Can't believe how good the studio V's playback time is..... veeeery very long. More than enough to satisfy me in terms of sound and playback time
and best of all.....

it's ultra portable and stylish :)

May 31, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,787 of 3,153
Quote:
But the good news is, it's already here in the country according to the Um dealer.
I am excited to try them on the Studio V as my studio and fitear 000 cables are already 189 hrs burned in and by tomorrow will be the last day (200)

Can't believe how good the studio V's playback time is..... veeeery very long. More than enough to satisfy me in terms of sound and playback time
and best of all.....

it's ultra portable and stylish
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad you like them :).

May 31, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,788 of 3,153
Quote:

and best of all.....

it's ultra portable and stylish
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for mine still. 

May 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #1,789 of 3,153
I'm glad you like them :).

Very much!! And thank you. Btw, I still haven't bough an SD card for it. I'm still deciding whether to get 16 or 64 Lol

Good luck. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for mine still. 

I did wait long too! It's 72 days and counting. My patience was really tested in this. I just had a back up iems and HPs to listen too.

May 31, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,790 of 3,153
Quote:
Very much!! And thank you. Btw, I still haven't bough an SD card for it. I'm still deciding whether to get 16 or 64 Lol
I did wait long too! It's 72 days and counting. My patience was really tested in this. I just had a back up iems and HPs to listen too.

Personally soullinker if you can get 32 GB cards I suggest getting those. I compared the 64 GB cards with the 32 GB cards SDXC vs SDHC and I found the 32 GB cards to sound better lol.... I don't know why the hell that is. But even playing them in the Nova N1 the sound was worse as well as louder noise from the SD slot! Keep in mind that issue is only on the N1 & N3. I also found WAV to sound the best on the player so I'm sticking to that. Or if you must use FLAC then use FLAC with 0 compression as that also sounds a bit better than heavily compressed Flac. I mean in certain instances on busy tracks the Studio V would clip on heavily compressed Flac. But once I lowered the compression if fixed those problems. BTW I see you have the 1Plus2 in your sig? Do you own one now?

May 31, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #1,791 of 3,153
Personally soullinker if you can get 32 GB cards I suggest getting those. I compared the 64 GB cards with the 32 GB cards SDXC vs SDHC and I found the 32 GB cards to sound better lol.... I don't know why the hell that is. But even playing them in the Nova N1 the sound was worse as well as louder noise from the SD slot! Keep in mind that issue is only on the N1 & N3. I also found WAV to sound the best on the player so I'm sticking to that. Or if you must use FLAC then use FLAC with 0 compression as that also sounds a bit better than heavily compressed Flac. I mean in certain instances on busy tracks the Studio V would clip on heavily compressed Flac. But once I lowered the compression if fixed those problems. BTW I see you have the 1Plus2 in your sig? Do you own one now?

nah.. That's VZero's lol. How do you lower the compression? Sorry for the question. Yes I do hear the sounds especially when I skip on a track.
I use XLD on Mac for conversion. One thing is that they can't play a 192/24 it skips on another track.

May 31, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,794 of 3,153
Quote:
nah.. That's VZero's lol. How do you lower the compression? Sorry for the question. Yes I do hear the sounds especially when I skip on a track.
I use XLD on Mac for conversion. One thing is that they can't play a 192/24 it skips on another track.

Ahh ok I was wondering :p.

The highest you can play is 24/48 WAV. WAV is the key here as well lol.

You can use Foobar or Media Monkey to change the compression ratios. I use both programs but I mainly use foobar for converting between lossless formats (generally 24/192 and 24/96). For syncing to my devices I use Media Monkey and I have it all automated. So I have it copy all the files I want onto my DAPs and at the same time converting those copied files to WAV format on the fly (or if you want convert the files to use 0 compression). It leaves my original files in tact which is a must. Keep in mind if you are copying a lot of files to ensure your main hard drive has the space to accommodate for the temporary files it creates (the files that will be copied onto your DAP). I almost crashed my PC as I was using a small SSD at the time lol.

May 31, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #1,795 of 3,153
Ahh ok I was wondering :p.

The highest you can play is 24/48 WAV. WAV is the key here as well lol.

You can use Foobar or Media Monkey to change the compression ratios. I use both programs but I mainly use foobar for converting between lossless formats (generally 24/192 and 24/96). For syncing to my devices I use Media Monkey and I have it all automated. So I have it copy all the files I want onto my DAPs and at the same time converting those copied files to WAV format on the fly (or if you want convert the files to use 0 compression). It leaves my original files in tact which is a must. Keep in mind if you are copying a lot of files to ensure your main hard drive has the space to accommodate for the temporary files it creates (the files that will be copied onto your DAP). I almost crashed my PC as I was using a small SSD at the time lol.

Thanks! The XLD does this too. I'll try to AB WAV and flac again.. What's the difference you hear?

May 31, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #1,796 of 3,153
Quote:
What!? 87 days after you sent them back!? Sorry for that... I'm a little bit worried now on how mine would fit

Basically, my impressions got sent over, but they were bad, so after 4 weeks, UM told me to get another set of impressions. Then, they told me that it would come around the end of MAY, but it didn't. So basically, after 8 weeks, they are still not here. 

May 31, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #1,797 of 3,153
Quote:
Thanks! The XLD does this too. I'll try to AB WAV and flac again.. What's the difference you hear?

The sound is more open. Doesn't sound as strained. It's a bit hard to explain. I feel the sound is overall more natural. More room within the sound staging for the instruments. This is especially apparent when I came from high compressed flac where it sounded edgy and aggressive in comparison.

May 31, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #1,798 of 3,153
Basically, my impressions got sent over, but they were bad, so after 4 weeks, UM told me to get another set of impressions. Then, they told me that it would come around the end of MAY, but it didn't. So basically, after 8 weeks, they are still not here. 

That's a very long wait my friend.
I am keeping my expectations low on the Miracles. I don't know if the long wait will be worth it for me

The sound is more open. Doesn't sound as strained. It's a bit hard to explain. I feel the sound is overall more natural. More room within the sound staging for the instruments. This is especially apparent when I came from high compressed flac where it sounded edgy and aggressive in comparison.

I do get what you mean thanks. That's already what I am hearing now as it approaches 200 hrs. I'll try it tomorrow.

May 31, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,799 of 3,153
Quote:
That's a very long wait my friend.
I am keeping my expectations low on the Miracles. I don't know if the long wait will be worth it for me
I do get what you mean thanks. That's already what I am hearing now as it approaches 200 hrs. I'll try it tomorrow.

I understand your feelings on this but I think you should be able to have high expectations for such an expensive item. Especially when many are praising it. But at the same time I know you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment. I kinda did with the 8As. While I think they are good and even more so now that I found a good source. I don't think they are nearly as good as it has been made out to be on the threads. But that is just me :).

Let me know how that pans out (if you notice any sound differences). Good luck.

May 31, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #1,800 of 3,153
I understand your feeling on this but I think you should be able to have high expectations for such an expensive item. Especially when many are praising it. But at the same time I know you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment. I kinda did with the 8As. While I think they are good and even more so now that I found a good source. I don't think they are nearly as good as it has been made out to be on the threads. But that is just me :).

Let me know how that pans out (if you notice and sound differences). Good luck.

I meant on the build time.. I would understand if the delays were cause of revisions on the sound. Maybe I'm just overthinking hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back