Ultrasone PRO900
Oct 4, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #451 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your impressions, Acix.
So would PRO750's with 900 pads = a PRO900 sonically?

Any pics of these new pads?

According to Mike at the AES show, no. Swapping the pads will not yeild the same thing at all. There are multiple other "tweaks" inside the can according to Mike that set the 900 apart from all of the other Pro series.

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #452 of 924
Quote:

Thanks for your impressions, Acix.
So would PRO750's with 900 pads = a PRO900 sonically?

Any pics of these new pads?

Maybe you can say that, same characteristic sound as Pro 750s with more open stereo image and better smooth in on the high, same boost on the bass (different MU metal).
Yes, the 900s is a very sweet trap for the pro750s.

Sorry no pics, maybe kwkarth will take some pics...

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #453 of 924
Acix;4819117 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heheheeee!!!

Peter,

This question should be addressed to yourself, as you are talking from other people's experience instead of your own. By doing that, it just confuses or irritates others. This is probably why the Monkey is asking you the same question over and over.

But you know what, Peter? I salute you. If you have 609 posts with one pair of 750s, I just can say that you are really a special person.

beerchug.gif

Acix,
You are mistaken. There has only been one time that I spoke from someone's experience other than my own and even then, I made it clear that I was doing so. That's one of the problems with listening to (or reading) gossip, Acix, doing so causes erroneous assumptions which have no actual basis in fact. I think the Monkey is aware that I am going through something of a learning and investigative process and I think The Monkey would let me know if he wanted you to be his personal representative. I still like the 750's and I have always maintained the idea that I am open to eventually hearing a headphone that I like better than the 750's. And, incidentally, my posts about the 750 were mostly defensive ones and not promotional ones which, because of the exaggerative number of posts was probably a mistake on my part even though I was responding to an almost equal number of posts containing erroneous information supposedly about the Pro 750. (And that, my friends, is the last I will say regarding that particular topic.)
Are you aware that your most recent post had inferences of what one might call "covert hostility"? It gave me the impression that you expected me to defend myself as well as the impression that you were sarcastically complimenting me at the same time that you were either actually verbally attacking me or thinking about doing so.
I think I'm inclined to agree with Dononus's evaluation of your behavior.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #454 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the good fortune to listen to the 900s in the Ultrasone booth at the AES Friday and I liked them very much! They merit further listening, which I plan to do. It was VERY, VERY noisy at the show, so critical listening was impossible.

As many have said before, there's something about those Ultrasones!

Because of the ambient noise, we were listening at a high level and despite that, the highs sounded smooth, but not at all recessed.

Thanks for the info Kwkarth. I am going to add this one to my list of headphones to hear.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #455 of 924
Peter Pinna,
Think of it this way, Acix posted some stuff, I gave a reply, acix may not have liked to be educated as if it hit his ego instead of just having a normal conversation like everyone else, he posts an irrelevant joke question as a trick to test my intelligence, he fails because i give the right answer... he keeps making jokes instead of posting about the subject at hand... If I would have failed to answer his trick question, I'm pretty sure it was a trap to ridicule me hehehe.

Acix, Am I right? Ya Wiseguy you
biggrin.gif
hehehe

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #456 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter Pinna,
Think of it this way, Acix posted some stuff, I gave a reply, acix may not have liked to be educated as if it hit his ego instead of just having a normal conversation like everyone else, he posts an irrelevant joke question as a trick to test my intelligence, he fails because i give the right answer... he keeps making jokes instead of posting about the subject at hand... If I would have failed to answer his trick question, I'm pretty sure it was a trap to ridicule me hehehe.

Acix, Am I right? Ya Wiseguy you
biggrin.gif
hehehe

I don't have any intention to ridicule you...
And you are an intelligent man, this why I have so much fun to answer, show and prove to you. In different ways of the same answer.

All the best.

beerchug.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #458 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you can say that, same characteristic sound as Pro 750s with more open stereo image and better smooth in on the high, same boost on the bass (different MU metal).
Yes, the 900s is a very sweet trap for the pro750s.

Sorry no pics, maybe kwkarth will take some pics...

Sure, I will take some pics when I get my hands on one.

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #460 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kg21, my comment should have really just said "I feel that the Ultrasones are very close to listening to a good pair of speakers." Ha ha. Basically I can do preliminary mixing on them and get more or less good results and thus final mixing using speakers goes a bit smoother
wink.gif
Of course, for listening to music, they may or may not be of a individuals taste. Hope that makes a bit of sense. I use my Pro 650s for music listening as they give me the sound I want while I use the Proline 2500s for preliminary mixing when I do some audio work. I also kept my HD595s as my all arounder but they are not as accurate as I would like them while the HD650s I got rid of and replaced them with the Proline 2500s as they are easier to drive and gave me a bit more accuracy than the HD650s for my purposes.

oh okay you meant for studio use, that makes sense other people on here like ultrasones for that purpose as well. I was only talking about listening to music, I just read your original post kind of like "the ultrasones are so perfectly balanced everything else is colored." I can't confirm that since I haven't heard an ultrasone but there are many love it/hate it posts on ultrasone very few have said they are perfectly in the middle in every trait, and from my experience every headphone adds atleast a little bit of color to the sound of course the usual head-fi IMO applies.
Back to the main topic I was mainly looking for impressions of the pro900 just to see what they are supposed to sound like, hopefully more impressions to come.

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #461 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back to the main topic I was mainly looking for impressions of the pro900 just to see what they are supposed to sound like, hopefully more impressions to come.

According to Mike @ Ultrasone, the 900s relative to the other Pro series are flatter, and more accurate across the audio passband, and more extended in the bass and extreme treble. From the very limited listening I was able to do at the show, I can go along with that for now. I am anxious to listen to them in a quieter environment for more extended periods of time.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #462 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Mike @ Ultrasone, the 900s relative to the other Pro series are flatter, and more accurate across the audio passband, and more extended in the bass and extreme treble. From the very limited listening I was able to do at the show, I can go along with that for now.

I know you have your modded Proline650's, but have you listened to the PRO750's? The 750's are already more detailed & extended than the 650's. While I can imagine tweaks to make the titanium driver (750/900/E9) to produce a flatter FR curve, I can't think how it could go any deeper.

Exactly for whom are the PRO900's intended, according to Ultrasone???

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #463 of 924
Quote:

I know you have your modded Proline650's, but have you listened to the PRO750's? The 750's are already more detailed & extended than the 650's. While I can imagine tweaks to make the titanium driver (750/900/E9) to produce a flatter FR curve, I can't think how it could go any deeper.

Exactly for whom are the PRO900's intended, according to Ultrasone???

I have not compared the 750 to the 900, but Mike did tell me that the interior cavity volume behind the driver is larger in the 900 than it is in the 750 and that's how they were able to extend the bass deeper. Once I get my hand on a pair of the 900s I will test to verify, as well as listen to them.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #464 of 924
someone really needs to verify if the pro900s have new drivers or not. the ultrasone website clearly states they do, but the rep that was asked said they don't.

http://www.ultrasone.com/index_en.ph...&artikel_id=35

"Technical specificaions
S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound
S-Logic PLUS technology
Dynamic principle, closed
Frequency range 6-42000Hz
Impedance 40 ohm
Sound pressure level 96 dB
MU Metal bufferboard, reduced
field emissions in accordance
with ULE (Ultra Low Emission) standard
New 40 mm titanium-plated drivers
Weight 295g (without cord)"

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #465 of 924
Too much speculation, and comparisons of apples to oranges.

We need to get the 750's, the 900's, and the E9's in the same room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back