Ultrasone PRO900
Oct 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #437 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two glasses full of water, they are both 10 cm tall.

Glass one, 3 cm wide.
Glass two, 5 cm wide.

Which glass have more water?

Are you really Sarah Palin?
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #439 of 924
hahaha this is pretty funny, everytime I confront acix with a clear explanation, he gives an irrelevant reply. Well here is all I gats ta say bout that
biggrin.gif

please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trol.jpg

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #440 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha this is pretty funny,

To the point,

Try to exchange the water between the two glasses.
Please let me know about your results.
wink_face.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #441 of 924
Is it true that the 900's are made in Taiwan instead of Germany..?? I just came accross a pair and something in the title said that they are made in Asia.... True or not true..??
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #443 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true that the 900's are made in Taiwan instead of Germany..?? I just came accross a pair and something in the title said that they are made in Asia.... True or not true..??
smily_headphones1.gif

My Proline 750's were made in Taiwan. My understanding is that the Pros are made in different places including Taiwan and Germany.

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #445 of 924
Quote:

Acix, quite the opposite. If you work on a song using the k701 for example, you might get a recording with more bass because you compensated for the 701s lack of bass with the eq. In the end, you will get a bassy recording when played back on the average home system. A bassy headphone used for mastering will get you a less bassy recording since you tend to eq it with less bass... etc.... so its really all about knowing how to predict the results with the monitors you use for mastering.

For the record, Donunus, you are 100% correct.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #446 of 924
I had the good fortune to listen to the 900s in the Ultrasone booth at the AES Friday and I liked them very much! They merit further listening, which I plan to do. It was VERY, VERY noisy at the show, so critical listening was impossible.

As many have said before, there's something about those Ultrasones!

Because of the ambient noise, we were listening at a high level and despite that, the highs sounded smooth, but not at all recessed.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #447 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the good fortune to listen to the 900s in the Ultrasone booth at the AES Friday and I liked them very much! They merit further listening, which I plan to do. It was VERY, VERY noisy at the show, so critical listening was impossible.

As many have said before, there's something about those Ultrasones!

Because of the ambient noise, we were listening at a high level and despite that, the highs sounded smooth, but not at all recessed.

coming from a guy with such strict standards and keen ears, this is good news indeed.

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #448 of 924
Peter Pinna;4818675 said:
Quote:

hahaha this is pretty funny, everytime I confront acix with a clear explanation, he gives an irrelevant reply.

That is why I asked him if he is really Sarah Palin.

Heheheeee!!!

Peter,

This question should be addressed to yourself, as you are talking from other people's experience instead of your own. By doing that, it just confuses or irritates others. This is probably why the Monkey is asking you the same question over and over.

But you know what, Peter? I salute you. If you have 609 posts with one pair of 750s, I just can say that you are really a special person.

beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #449 of 924
I was lucky to have UltraPaul accept my request for a pass and I had an opportunity to meet the beautiful Ultrasone family from Germany on Friday at the AES Convention in San Francisco.

I started by comparing The PRO900 to the ED 9 and there was no doubt that the ED 9 ruled. They definitely deliver the superior Ultrasone experience. Second was to compare the PRO900 with my 650s. My first impression for the 900 was that it had the same 2-3 dB boost on the bass as on the 750, probably the same driver.

The PRO900 were the most comfortable and that they had more cushion on the pads. I took them off my head and started to take the pads off to compare them with other pads. UltraPaul and the German representative, Mike, got a little nervous when they saw me do that. I just explained to them that people have some issues with the pads and that I just wanted to confirm it. I showed them the difference and Ultra Paul had a heavy time to agree with me, probably the marketing person's approach. Mike started to explain to me and show me that yes, the PRO900 has different pads than the other PL. Indeed, the 900 is probably a very wet dream for every Ultrasone PL owner. The pads are built with two different layers. The layer on the inside of the can closest to the MU metal is made from a hard plastic material that hold the pads with more stability. This material had vent holes which probably help with the acoustics. With their permission, I tried these pads on my 650s and indeed, this is exactly what I want to improve my 650s. It will probably make every PL owner happy.

It crossed my mind to open the PRO900 to have a look at the driver, but I'll leave that for another time.

Conclusion:

Pros:
Anyone who wants the PRO750 should go for the 900.
S-Logic Plus.
Better pads.
Nicer color.

Cons:
They still sound like the PRO750.
And cost almost twice.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #450 of 924
Thanks for your impressions, Acix.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pros:
Anyone who wants the PRO750 should go for the 900.
Better pads.
Nicer color.
S-Logic Plus.

Cons:
They still sound like the PRO750.
And cost almost twice.

So would PRO750's with 900 pads = a PRO900 sonically?

Any pics of these new pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back