Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
May 7, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #4,471 of 5,992
Quote:
Does anyone else notice on their PRO 900s that the Neutrik plug isn't completely straight? Or did I just get a bad model?

Mine's straight. But you know you can open the plug, right? Perhaps all you need to do is to open it and wiggle it gently and close it up again?

May 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4,472 of 5,992
Does anyone else notice on their PRO 900s that the Neutrik plug isn't completely straight? Or did I just get a bad model?

Mine's straight. But you know you can open the plug, right? Perhaps all you need to do is to open it and wiggle it gently and close it up again?

WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS. YOU CAN UNSCREW IT? What IT ACTUALLY CAN.

Didn't make it straight, but WHAT?

May 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #4,473 of 5,992
Has anyone managed to get their hands on a pair of these new for under 350 dollars? The prices in the past month or two have rocketed up, and they seem to be on backorder on every single store i check... Are they planning on releasing a new model? If so, i might wait for it 
smile.gif

May 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #4,474 of 5,992
Is anyone using the Pro 900 with the Schiit Asgard? Would be interesting to know if the Schiit brings out the mids and tames the treble; curing the recessed mids and harsh treble people talk about. Logic says that these two are the perfect match. Has anyone tried this combination?

May 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #4,475 of 5,992
Quote:
Is anyone using the Pro 900 with the Schiit Asgard? Would be interesting to know if the Schiit brings out the mids and tames the treble; curing the recessed mids and harsh treble people talk about. Logic says that these two are the perfect match. Has anyone tried this combination?

When I first paired them up, my immediate impression was that the they became less V shaped.
Coming from E7/E9 combo, I noticed a slight decrease in bass quantity as well as in treble. I kinda liked the sparkly treble they had with E9 but now they sound more tamed. Asgard has warmer sound compared to E9 so it makes sense. It won't bring out the mid but because the other freqs are toned down slightly, it does sound a bit more balanced when compared to the previous setup.

May 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4,477 of 5,992
Just bought a pair for myself! Cant wait to try these out! Should be here by the end of the week. I bought them from another user, but b&h has them for a very good price. 

May 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #4,480 of 5,992
Has anyone tried both the balanced and unbalanced versions of these? I don't think they were mentioned in this thread too much, and that's why some are $350 and others $550+. Is there a noticeable difference (on a lower end amp/dac setup)?

May 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #4,482 of 5,992
Just got my PRO 900s today in the mail and they are amazing! I listen to mostly EDM, so it was a match made in heaven to say the least. Perfect compliment to the sound of my d2000s. It's a unique and interesting sound

May 11, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #4,484 of 5,992
Just listened to my 900s on my WA6SE, they sound very good, the 6DE7 tubes really add to the bass. I may be selling mine soon, if anyone is interested. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back