Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
May 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #4,441 of 5,992
Well I used sort of a guide which was posted on this thread about a good 150 pages ago 
wink.gif
 if you are interested I can send you that by PM. The guide was written by benzoylmethyl. You have to sacrifice one pair of the PRO900 pads but believe me its worth it, especially since you get 2 sets of pads with your PRO's 
wink.gif
 you got to take of the XB700 hundred pads, cut of the velour pads of the retention ring on the PRO900 leaving the mesh intact and then you got to glue the XB700 pads onto the retention ring using some sort of strong glue. I personally used super glue, just make sure you get it right! The pads go on the headphone like a charm and they are very comfortable compared to velour pads and isolate a lot better and leak a lot less! 
Quote:

Did you have to do any modding to the XB700 pads like gluing them onto your PRO 900s?? Or did they fit nicely over the 900s??

I'm going to get myself a pair of the PRO 900s soon and want to upgrade them with those nice, soft, cushiony XB 700 pads
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #4,442 of 5,992
Quote:
Well I used sort of a guide which was posted on this thread about a good 150 pages ago 
wink.gif
 if you are interested I can send you that by PM. The guide was written by benzoylmethyl. You have to sacrifice one pair of the PRO900 pads but believe me its worth it, especially since you get 2 sets of pads with your PRO's 
wink.gif
 you got to take of the XB700 hundred pads, cut of the velour pads of the retention ring on the PRO900 leaving the mesh intact and then you got to glue the XB700 pads onto the retention ring using some sort of strong glue. I personally used super glue, just make sure you get it right! The pads go on the headphone like a charm and they are very comfortable compared to velour pads and isolate a lot better and leak a lot less! 

Yes, please could you send me the guide by PM??
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad that you managed to get the XB700 pads well enough onto your PRO 900s and thx for the help!

Does the sound change much when you compare the 2 different pads??

May 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #4,443 of 5,992
I've been listening to my PRO 900's for about 4 days so far (bought from another member here) and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them.  They are a little bassy for my tastes.  I'm powering them with an O2 amp and using the Fiio E17 as a dac out from my computer.

Anybody have a similar experience when they first got their 900's?

May 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #4,444 of 5,992
Quote:
I've been listening to my PRO 900's for about 4 days so far (bought from another member here) and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them.  They are a little bassy for my tastes.  I'm powering them with an O2 amp and using the Fiio E17 as a dac out from my computer.

I can only listen to them for about an hour and I'm spent but the sound signature will grow on you.  Give them a chance, very fun headphone.  

May 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #4,445 of 5,992

They are a little harsh bassy, then flabby, then they mellow out and tighten up after a week's use. Then I wanted more bass back :) You aren't going to get away from the basic signature however.

May 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #4,446 of 5,992
Quote:

If you got the Pro 900s without knowing they had an emphasized bass presence, you probably didn't do your research well :) One of the selling points of the Pro 900s are their strong yet defined bass, along with surprising clarity, yet they aren't warm headphones in any conceivable way.

Have you tried lowering bass through E17's settings?

May 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4,447 of 5,992
Quote:

If you got the Pro 900s without knowing they had an emphasized bass presence, you probably didn't do your research well :) One of the selling points of the Pro 900s are their strong yet defined bass, along with surprising clarity, yet they aren't warm headphones in any conceivable way.

Have you tried lowering bass through E17's settings?

I knew they were bassy, just didn't realize they were THIS bassy!

I'll play around with the settings a bit.  I listened to them a lot more today and enjoyed them, so perhaps I can find a place in the lineup for them.

May 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #4,448 of 5,992
Quote:

I knew they were bassy, just didn't realize they were THIS bassy!

I'll play around with the settings a bit.  I listened to them a lot more today and enjoyed them, so perhaps I can find a place in the lineup for them.

I'll be happy to take them off your hands if theyre too much to handle :p! but for real I would buy them

May 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #4,454 of 5,992
i dont think you could go wrong between those, but i would go with the d5000 if given the choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back