Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #5,266 of 6,404
I believe that's a known issue. I encountered the same at the @DimitriTrush
's Musica Acoustic booth at the Fujiya Spring Festival. He mentioned other customers said the same when I raised this to him. I believe he has already escalated this to Craig/Whiplash Audio but I haven't followed up on the results.

Is this associated to the AK240 or termination specific?

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #5,267 of 6,404
The 2.5mm connector is too small to solder and the guy did not test it with an ak240 before sending it out

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5,268 of 6,404
Is this associated to the AK240 or termination specific?

I assume the 2.5mm TRRS termination on the TWAu CosmicHolyGhost was talking about was for the AK240?? My response was about TWAu tests on the AK240 too.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #5,269 of 6,404

I assume the 2.5mm TRRS termination on the TWAu CosmicHolyGhost was talking about was for the AK240?? My response was about TWAu tests on the AK240 too.

Strange.  I've done a DIY 2.5mm TRRS myself to the uber and never had a problem (fingers crossed).  Not an easy job as each soldering point is so small 

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #5,270 of 6,404

Strange.  I've done a DIY 2.5mm TRRS myself to the uber and never had a problem (fingers crossed).  Not an easy job as each soldering point is so small 

Is this the resume you're submitting to Whiplash :wink:?

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #5,271 of 6,404

Is this the resume you're submitting to Whiplash :wink:?

LOL. It took me more than an hour to do that as the jackets of the wire are tiny and have to measure each with specific length before soldering. I'm glad I've made it.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #5,272 of 6,404

I believe that's a known issue. I encountered the same at the @DimitriTrush's Musica Acoustic booth at the Fujiya Spring Festival. He mentioned other customers said the same when I raised this to him. I believe he has already escalated this to Craig/Whiplash Audio but I haven't followed up on the results.

wow, maybe not so good news for me, as I am having Craig & Ted make both of those same exact cables,TRRS  for my AK-240. the Uber looks very nice, but I'm worried about how everyone says it is so delicate.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #5,273 of 6,404
  wow, maybe not so good news for me, as I am having Craig & Ted make both of those same exact cables,TRRS  for my AK-240. the Uber looks very nice, but I'm worried about how everyone says it is so delicate.

If they're being made now, you're actually in a better position than CHG & Musica as they would have to ship it back to get it corrected. Just ping Craig to ask if he's aware of the problem and to remediate before it gets shipped to you. One thing though, I'm not certain if the issue is with the soldering to the TRRS. In fact I'm more inclined to feel the issue is with the actual plug making a solid connection in the socket. I haven't checked but would be curious to see what brand plugs Whiplash has used and whether the flange is set back enough so that the plug can be plugged in deep enough to make a decent connection.

BTW who's Ted mentioned here? Are we talking about HeadphoneLounge Ted Headfood?

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5,274 of 6,404

If they're being made now, you're actually in a better position than CHG & Musica as they would have to ship it back to get it corrected. Just ping Craig to ask if he's aware of the problem and to remediate before it gets shipped to you. One thing though, I'm not certain if the issue is with the soldering to the TRRS. In fact I'm more inclined to feel the issue is with the actual plug making a solid connection in the socket. I haven't checked but would be curious to see what brand plugs Whiplash has used and whether the flange is set back enough so that the plug can be plugged in deep enough to make a decent connection.

BTW who's Ted mentioned here? Are we talking about HeadphoneLounge Ted Headfood?

Yes,Ted from the HeadphoneLounge. cant beat his prices, and turn around time.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #5,275 of 6,404
Well,

I would have to say the isolation on the 1plus2 is pretty good. I live in Orange County and was listening to the Talking Head's "Little Creatures" through my DX90, sitting in my home office with the window open to the street - the front door to the house open as well, as it is still daylight and we have a nice breeze...

Then my daughter runs into the room and I turn off the music - she asks if I heard "that"

"That" being four gunshots squeezed off in my driveway.... 

Apparently two cars were racing down the street, one pulled into my driveway and the driver shot at the other car and raced away. NO, I didn't hear anything but David Byrne...

The police are gone now and some of my neighbors got license plate info - but if I was the only one in the house, it would have gone by unnoticed - Jesus.

The 1plus2 isolates enough when the music is loud. I'm going to have a drink now.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #5,276 of 6,404
  Well,

I would have to say the isolation on the 1plus2 is pretty good. I live in Orange County and was listening to the Talking Head's "Little Creatures" through my DX90, sitting in my home office with the window open to the street - the front door to the house open as well, as it is still daylight and we have a nice breeze...

Then my daughter runs into the room and I turn off the music - she asks if I heard "that"

Apparently two cars were racing down the street, one pulled into my driveway and the driver shot at the other car and raced away. NO, I didn't hear anything but David Byrne...

The police are gone now and some of my neighbors got license plate info - but if I was the only one in the house, it would have gone by unnoticed - Jesus.

The 1plus2 isolates enough when the music is loud. I'm going to have a drink now.

BAN FIREARMS!!!!! 

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #5,278 of 6,404
Just not cool with kids around, man...

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #5,279 of 6,404

Uber is not delicate only you don't make a small loop like usually done (the smallest loop maybe around a diameter of 2.5 inches) or you loop it to a direction not of wire's natural curve (like an S) .  Hope this helps.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,280 of 6,404
  Well,

Be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back