Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #4,126 of 6,404
JohannLiebert, to tell you more i am seriously considering adding either ASG2 or FitEar Parterre (or TG334) because i believe they can compliment 1P2 sound signature very nicely. i auditioned ASG2 and loved different sound sig but i am curious about FitEar which receive big praise from their owners.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #4,127 of 6,404
H20, great review and spot on.

concerning sibilance let me tell my experience makes me believe there is NO.... i repeat, there is NO IEM which would be free of sibilance. the only issue is one IEM will have it more pronounced, another one will have less of it  ... to verify my statement please use Electric Light Orchestra album Time or album Secret Messages. Even darker IEMs like ASG2 developed some sibilance. Good news was that 1P2 and ASG2 had little that which made the whole album listenable. Contrary on RDB+v1 and H200 i had to stop after a few songs.

i believe sibilance issue is unique to IEM, engineers can tame it but cannot completely avoid it.... or i am stupid and willing to stand corrected on the issue. :rolleyes:

I agree, I don't think sibilance can be completely absent without muting frequencies so badly you lose some of the sound spectrum. What counts is how present it exactly is, I've heard IEM that bite so badly sibilance actually jumps out and leaves an after thought the entire song or makes the song a complete train wreck. 1plus2 is nothing like that, not at all so totally agree.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #4,128 of 6,404

are NOT they have different sound signatures??? i hear people telling FitEar usually sounds more closed and intimate, warm and sweet, contrary to 1P2 which sounds more airy open, colder and tad shrill aggressive?

it will be like comparing two good loudspeakers like Sonus Faber's Aida and Focal's Grand Utopia, in the end both are finest loudspeakers but excuse me they are different to each other and frankly speaking not very comparable. i heard both and would own both if had enough money. 
biggrin.gif

Both people were talking / asking about the FitEar Parterre (not TG334), and though there are still relatively few impressions, everyone seems to agree the Parterres sound quite open and not exactly warm, with, among other things, some of the best treble I've personally heard in any ear/headphone.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #4,129 of 6,404
To anyone who has both, which is more comfortable/smaller, the 334s or the 1 P2?

I don't quite remember the 334 ergonomics.

Comfort, 334 for me for sure. I can and do wear that in the gym, and even for my morning run this morning. Stayed in the whole time, never popped out. The 1Plus2 never did stay in my ear if I moved that much. The 1Plus2 for me is more "sit by your desk" kind of IEM. But then again during my workouts, I don't focus on sonics so much so even earpods would keep me happy if they isolated.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #4,130 of 6,404
Music, so you have both and can tell us if you find their sound sig close or not. because from what people were writing about Parterre and i have read the thread, i know people say Parterre is less dark for sure ... TG334 many owners say is more bass, sweet, mid centric and bass impactfull still offering great detail and separation. still some claim Parterre is more traditional FitEar while 1P2 is different.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #4,131 of 6,404

(click on pic to see larger image)

I must be seeing things or ninjas have attacked. I'm sure that was a different picture at first. Those 2 pairs there don't look too dissimilar...be interested in hearing impressions if the other pair is the Parterre (I assume?)

And btw, that first picture was rather nice.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #4,132 of 6,404
nk77, i am too interested to hear how Parterre compares to 1P2, BUT... but i am even more curious to hear how Parterre compares to ASG2 because i am thinking choosing between these two.

Music had ASG2 and perhaps can compare them out of his memory to his Parterre.

For sure good comparison between two classy IEMs would be interesting.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4,133 of 6,404

(click on pic to see larger image)

EM.... this one looks awfully like one I posted earlier?

Comfort wise they are on par. Head time wise they weren't even close. My 334 is on loan to a friend for almost a month now....... :D

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #4,134 of 6,404
  Music, so you have both and can tell us if you find their sound sig close or not. because from what people were writing about Parterre and i have read the thread, i know people say Parterre is less dark for sure ... TG334 many owners say is more bass, sweet, mid centric and bass impactfull still offering great detail and separation. still some claim Parterre is more traditional FitEar while 1P2 is different.

I don't have both Parterre & 334 with me now, only the Parterre (I sold my 334s a couple of months ago). I wouldn't personally call the 334 dark and, therefore, I wouldn't call the Parterre less dark. From memory, the the 334 is more bassy and with a thicker midrange (likely due to the 334's mid-bass elevation), and the Parterre's treble is more accurate, to these ears, and possibly a little more extended. The Parterres are closer sonically to my K3003s than to the 334s, but the Parterres still retain some of the 334's finesse.

I must be seeing things or ninjas have attacked. I'm sure that was a different picture at first. Those 2 pairs there don't look too dissimilar...be interested in hearing impressions if the other pair is the Parterre (I assume?)

And btw, that first picture was rather nice.

I'd made a mistake with the first pic I posted (both shells were actually the 1p2s). The pic above (the one showing now) shows both 334 & 1p2 (see this link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/2820#post_9591280)

nk77, i am too interested to hear how Parterre compares to 1P2, BUT... but i am even more curious to hear how Parterre compares to ASG2 because i am thinking choosing between these two.

Music had ASG2 and perhaps can compare them out of his memory to his Parterre.

For sure good comparison between two classy IEMs would be interesting.

Well, this is the 1p2 thread, not the Parterre or ASG-2 threads.  :)  But, suffice to say the Parterre is a different beast, a more correct sounding IEM that renders music more realistically, with better bass & treble and with a more out-of-head / headphone type of sound. Still, the ASG-2 is a very good phone.

EDIT: Just seen kkcc's post.  :wink:

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #4,135 of 6,404

Comfort, 334 for me for sure. I can and do wear that in the gym, and even for my morning run this morning. Stayed in the whole time, never popped out. The 1Plus2 never did stay in my ear if I moved that much. The 1Plus2 for me is more "sit by your desk" kind of IEM. But then again during my workouts, I don't focus on sonics so much so even earpods would keep me happy if they isolated.

Off-topic: In the gym just out of a DAP? No issues with sweating. Surely, if you don't focus on sonics there would be less of a reason to bring the FitEars to the gym. Is it due to comfort? Although I was prepared to use the older 1Plus2s around the gym....and I used the SE-535s a couple of times in such a situation. 

On topic: Unfortunately, the 1Plus2 right cable has popped out of the IEM twice now since I've owned the new pair from fiddling around with the ear seal when I get to work. Not even going to attempt removing it from its 'office desk' environment. Although I haven't had an issue for over a week now..

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #4,136 of 6,404
Of all these iem's you guys are talking about, I have a simple question. Which one has the sound sig mostly resembling the EX1000's? I am preparing for a backup to my EX1000 as it has been sadly discontinued for production.

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #4,137 of 6,404
Music, sad, i thought you own both. i really want hear from someone who has Parterre and TG334 to ask some questions.

Music, lets say it simple: between ASG2 and Parterre would you say the price difference is justified?

in other words :-D

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #4,138 of 6,404
for those of you who know and admire Gino Vanelli

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #4,139 of 6,404
H20, as a bonus for good review here is the one 4U:

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4,140 of 6,404
  Music, sad, i thought you own both. i really want hear from someone who has Parterre and TG334 to ask some questions.

Well, I think I remember the 334's sonics quite well, it's not that long since I sold them, but still, my comments above were not made comparing both side-by-side.

Music, lets say it simple: between ASG2 and Parterre would you say the price difference is justified?

To me personally, definitely. Not only better sonics, but the Parterres, which retail for ~$900 these days, would have cost ~$1,100 only a few months ago (due to the value of the yen in those days against the USD & euro). Add to that FitEar's impeccable build quality and excellent connectors... not to mention FitEar products have excellent re-sale value. Bear in mind, too, the ASG-2 in Europe costs quite a bit more than the $550 US price (for the frost model).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back