Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Aug 22, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #65 of 795
Quote:
I thought mine was a silver color? Guess I could be color blind :wink:.

You can see from my pictures, that it is indeed a light golden colour.

Though i must say, it does look silver in the pictures that Jack posted. Probably due to too much exposure.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #66 of 795
Quote:

You can see from my pictures, that it is indeed a light golden colour.

Though i must say, it does look silver in the pictures that Jack posted. Probably due to too much exposure.

I mean even the unit I had looked more silver than gold. Maybe it is slightly different in color?

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #67 of 795
Pictures are always a welcome addition to any Head-Fi thread... Well, almost any Head-fi thread
eek.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #69 of 795
I just received my unit and it really looks gold. pair with JH16, I can still hear the hiss with no music playing. however, any hiss is impossible to hear once the music kicks in.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #70 of 795
Quote:
I just received my unit and it really looks gold. pair with JH16, I can still hear the hiss with no music playing. however, any hiss is impossible to hear once the music kicks in.

One reason why I recommended a 30 Ohm adapter earlier on in the thread. It's not a deal breaker for me in any event. Just a minor work-around that doesn't have any negative effects on the sound.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #71 of 795
Quote:

118bd efficiency at 18 ohms and impossible to notice with music paying on something that revealing? I'd call that a success.
bigsmile_face.gif
I have an adversity to resistive adapters other than for things like ETs.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #72 of 795
Quote:
118bd efficiency at 18 ohms and impossible to notice with music paying on something that revealing? I'd call that a success.
bigsmile_face.gif
I have an adversity to resistive adapters other than for things like ETs.

We'll see Goodvibes. If my IE80s pick it up as it did on the defective unit that proves the IE80s are more revealing than JH's flagship lol. Funny thing is though I find the IE80s to pick up more hiss than my former TF10s and even my Tralucent 1Plus2. Then again the Tralucents are made to be harder to drive (I think around 50 Ohms).

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #74 of 795
Quote:
We all have different thresholds and they're nearly as efficient. If I'm not aware of added noise when tunes are playing, that's fine for me. My Rocoo is acceptable with my GR10s which are similar effeciency though higher impedance. If this is even lower, it will be a success in my personal view.

I'm hoping so myself. I do set the bar high though. But I feel not being able to hear hiss during music playback a basic function. I don't mind a very small amount of hiss just I don't want to hear it at all with music playing back, even at low volumes or in low volume passages. I just kinda find it funny that my dynamic IEMs have been more sensitive to hiss than BA drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back