Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Apr 13, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #781 of 795
I'm still waiting for the comparison with the normal Studio-V!

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #782 of 795
What do you mean normal? The second generation one? I've already stated the 3rd ANV is an upgrade over it in all aspects pretty much. The treble is more refined, more natural sounding, bass is more open and not so compressed. The mids are similar still but I think there is slightly more clarity to the 3rd ANV. Also the sound staging is a little bigger on the 3rd ANV. The hiss is the biggest plus for me as it was reduced by around 70 to 75%. Also the 3rd ANV is just slightly more powerful than the second gen model. Like on volume 5 would equate to volume 8 on the older unit.

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #783 of 795
I've had that happen numerous times to me. I'm not sure exactly how to replicate it either. Maybe having your IEM plugged into the unit as its powering on may contribute to this as well as what menu option you access first. I tend to access "Now Playing" first and that seems to help avoid it.

Ha at least I know I'm not the only one! At first I was afraid that my mg6pro was dying on me.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #784 of 795
I also notice having the Studio V running for several hours at a time and it sounds even better. Like even having it on for days. Not saying that's a good idea to keep the battery plug in but it really does seem to sound better. Even after a full nights charging (since the unit remains on during the charging process). I think even just playing from "Now Playing" may be having an impact on this as well. Problem with that is the shuffle sucks (it tends to repeat the same songs).

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #785 of 795
Quote:
What do you mean normal? The second generation one? I've already stated the 3rd ANV is an upgrade over it in all aspects pretty much. The treble is more refined, more natural sounding, bass is more open and not so compressed. The mids are similar still but I think there is slightly more clarity to the 3rd ANV. Also the sound staging is a little bigger on the 3rd ANV. The hiss is the biggest plus for me as it was reduced by around 70 to 75%. Also the 3rd ANV is just slightly more powerful than the second gen model. Like on volume 5 would equate to volume 8 on the older unit.

thanks

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #786 of 795
Quote:

Jack had mentioned releasing the updated model in a couple months so consider waiting for that as that would be even more of an upgrade. Plus he tends to have half off sales which is the best time to get this product IMO. He mentioned the newer model further reducing hiss (below Rocoo BA levels which is sweet!), a 1.5 inch screen, better UI, an extra metal button to accommodate for the UI issues in going back in menus, improved sound, a hardware EQ features that will enable you to have 2 distinct sound signatures from the touch of a button, possibly more power. He did mentioned significantly increasing the power and lowering battery life and I recommended against that as battery life is a huge selling point on these units.

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #789 of 795
Quote:
Jack had mentioned releasing the updated model in a couple months so consider waiting for that as that would be even more of an upgrade. Plus he tends to have half off sales which is the best time to get this product IMO. He mentioned the newer model further reducing hiss (below Rocoo BA levels which is sweet!), a 1.5 inch screen, better UI, an extra metal button to accommodate for the UI issues in going back in menus, improved sound, a hardware EQ features that will enable you to have 2 distinct sound signatures from the touch of a button, possibly more power. He did mentioned significantly increasing the power and lowering battery life and I recommended against that as battery life is a huge selling point on these units.

great news! very exciting!

As far as increasing power vs battery life, that's a tough one. IMO, Battery life should still be over 25 hours at the very least!

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #790 of 795
+3 on ample battery life

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #791 of 795
I've been having another problem with my Studio-V 3AE DAP. I can't believe my luck.

When I go to boot up the device, the blue/red lights turn on and the player proceeds to quickly alternate between 3 logos; Do Music, Studio, and HL Sound. It usually manages to go through these 3 logos a few times for about 8 seconds and then shuts off. Sometimes it just lights up the blue/red lights with nothing on screen and powers down again. The reset button hasn't done much and no, the battery is not out of juice.

Anyone have any issues like this? Any tips? I'm dreading sending it to China for the third time only to be charged all the shipping fees and a month+ turnaround again.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #793 of 795
Hey, Jack had forgotten to send me the replacement battery, so it took a while to arrive. So I finally got it, and successfully soldered it in, and the player is back up running. New battery seems to be different from the original, around 4mm longer, doesn't state the capacity on it, but its probably the same.

May 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #795 of 795
Quote:
I am currently auditioning the paradox and the 3rd anniv. is driving them quite well. Sounds quite good also. Nice little unit no doubt.

Thanks for the info Danny, I'm waiting on my own pair of Paradox and I was wondering how well the V would pair with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back