Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Aug 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #49 of 795
Taking one for the team 
gs1000.gif

Thanks Anaxilus.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #50 of 795
Quote:
I already own a 2nd gen Studio V and my wife is currently using it. We both love how it sounds.
Given the opportunity, I would like to review the 3rd gen Studio V.

Here are some reviews I have done in the past.

Woo Audio WA6 SE - http://www.head-fi.org/products/woo-audio-wa-6-se/reviews/5913
Audez'e LCD-2 - http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/mini-review-lcd-2-rev-2-wa6-se-courtesy-d-international-3504126.html

Would appreciate greatly if you advise if I might have this pleasure or reviewing the 3rd gen Studio V with my UM Miracle customs.
Thanks.

hi, Joe,
Thank you for your interested on our new player. You are qualified to have the specially  price. I will PM you the procedure guidance. thanks.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #51 of 795
Quote:
I already own a 2nd gen Studio V and my wife is currently using it. We both love how it sounds.
Given the opportunity, I would like to review the 3rd gen Studio V.

Here are some reviews I have done in the past.

Woo Audio WA6 SE - http://www.head-fi.org/products/woo-audio-wa-6-se/reviews/5913
Audez'e LCD-2 - http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/mini-review-lcd-2-rev-2-wa6-se-courtesy-d-international-3504126.html

Would appreciate greatly if you advise if I might have this pleasure or reviewing the 3rd gen Studio V with my UM Miracle customs.
Thanks.

Hey joe :D

I will also be reviewing my unit with the UM Miracles

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #53 of 795
Quote:
I have a rocco P, I'm curious to see how this would power my set of modded TR50Ps as the rocco P, just powers them to a lowish volume.

I'm surprised by this as it should drive those fine. Perhaps you just like it louder than most. In any case, it will depend on the gain structure and not just the power rating. Do you use one of the EQs? Maybe you could check as I noticed they could drop level and in conjunction max V.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #54 of 795
Okay guys, let me start out by saying i love DHL. My unit took 1 day to reach me from China :D

Shipment picked up on 20th at 1.30pm, Delivered on 21st at 12.15pm.

Now, for some pictures:

Look what arrived :D

Addressed to Singapore :D

Now for the real thing, it looks ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS:

Lastly, a pic with my (just recently sold) Studio V.

Well, now you can see why they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #55 of 795
Oh also, they reverted back to to old design of plugs.

First impressions:

Hiss is significantly reduced. No longer does it affect me in quite passages. Practically inaudible with my UM Miracles. Sound is much more cleaner and background is more black due to less hiss. Also, there is a noticeable increase in the level of detail, perhaps due to less hiss. Loving it so far.

Right now, will burn it in for a few hundred hours and do a review soon, probably in a months time.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #57 of 795
Well you may get your unit before I get mine :p. Mine unit was defective so it has to go back. But looking forward to getting a properly working unit :).

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #58 of 795
HI, Lee, Your parcel was shipped on 17th. it will cost about 15days to arrive ( USA is far away to walk to
wink.gif
)

You previous unit is the engineering unit, which is hand- made one. we doubt it has problem with the charging parts. the hiss could be caused by it.

Now, the massive products are proven by more and more users, the hiss level is almost inaudible, we are a bit relief to hear it.  you see, UM's earphones are extremely high sensitive to easily exhibit the hiss.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #59 of 795
Quote:
HI, Lee, Your parcel was shipped on 17th. it will cost about 15days to arrive ( USA is far away to walk to
wink.gif
)

You previous unit is the engineering unit, which is hand- made one. we doubt it has problem with the charging parts. the hiss could be caused by it.

Now, the massive products are proven by more and more users, the hiss level is almost inaudible, we are a bit relief to hear it.  you see, UM's earphones are extremely high sensitive to easily exhibit the hiss.

That is a plus. If this unit has even less hiss than the hand made unit then I'll be even happier. It would be nice to use my Studio V without and ohm adapter :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back