Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 29, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #7,036 of 10,312
Hey frank..ur last name isnt claus right???? As what i just read was almost like christmas gift giving...frank..i said it many times..and i do it again..ur to much..if i ever meet u in real i would be honoured to shake such a honest and nice guy like u... As NOT one other supplier would do what u just did! But it shows how high u have ur customers..and on top of that u said that, if i am not mistaken, that all orders placed in ur absense, that the postage will be free... Damn frank..ru trying to get us dably hooked on toxic or something? Oops some of us already are..and u dont even need to force urself to do that
biggrin.gif

Once again..What...not ready to go on holiday? What ru doing here? Hope ur not working mister!!.get ur suitcases ready instead of working dude! Or ur wife will slap u bigtime with ur own snakes..
biggrin.gif

Working right now mate and will continue to do so till i walk out the door in the morning and drop these off at the post office on my way.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #7,039 of 10,312
Enjoy your well deserved break Frank. 

I do hope my batch is in the ones that do get sent. *fingers crossed*

I've been waiting a while and I'm yet to get my first Toxic Cable so I am like counting the days til Toxic "Christmas". Also waiting on a super sweet Audio GD DAC with special cables. 

The re-termination compensation is a very generous one though if it comes to that. :)  

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #7,040 of 10,312

Well my latest Toxic Cables investment, The Toxic Cables Balanced Viper arrived for my IE8's today.
Thank You Frank for yet Another epic cable!
Very Very well made, And using the IE8's in this configuration really brings them to life!
I mean they're good iem's anyway, But the balanced output through this SPC adds sparkle in all the right spots.
Its taken me a few years to learn about the terminology related to the hobby and what it all means etc, 
But I can safely say that the IE8's set up like this, Have a far wider sound stage, Bass is tight and controlled and the bass extension is very good, 
I no longer need to tweak the bass setting on the IE8's themselves, Thats "Zero'd" out now.
Highs are crisp and clear, And midrange is present, Smooth but not too edgy. ( How I like it )
Vocals feel more natural now and are more forward.

Anyway, I'll leave you with some pics....

iPhone 5
Solo
Boomslang
Pelican
IE8

All Toxic Cables Interconnects apart from cheap USB cable ( Need to sort a right angled Lightning out soon )

My son photobombed me so please forgive the second photo lol.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #7,041 of 10,312

My new black BW complete with carbon fibre 2.5mm termination and carbon fibre adapters have arrived! What beauties! Well worth the wait. :)

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #7,043 of 10,312
Kiats what's the difference between this and your last one? And do all the adapters work from the 2.5mm TRRS? This is what I want for AK240 if it does!!!! Cheers mate!

This one has 3 main differences: it now has straight connectors rather than angled ones which may be more comfy for long flights; secondly, it comes with 2.5 trrs (balanced) termination for use with the balanced out of the AK240; finally, this one is the new black BW, the only difference being the sheathing now being black rather than transparent.

In the next photo, I'll show the beautiful carbon fibre adapter for this cable to be used with the normal 3.5mm single ended out of the AK240. :)

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #7,044 of 10,312

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #7,045 of 10,312
Designmaniac, the other adapters are for 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trrs (for use with hifiman) and another is for 3.5 trrs to 3.5 trs. :)

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #7,046 of 10,312
My first toxic cable arrived
etysmile.gif
 , excellent cables which brings me more clarity, details and match with my setup. unfortunately, i forgot to make it with a 2.5 balanced plug for ak 
frown.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3ZLVAqK.jpg

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #7,049 of 10,312
Awesome stuff my friend! Love the way we can have these "conversations" from either ends of the world! Enjoy your new cables and look forward to hopefully catching up soon! All the very best!

Indeed, my friend! Please do give us advanced warning when you are heading to our little red dot. & if you want to demo the cables, let me know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back