Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #7,023 of 10,312
Jul 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #7,025 of 10,312
He leaves tomorrow I think

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #7,026 of 10,312
Certainly, Hifimanrookie. Compared to the BW, the Venom has a greater sense of soundstage, greater sense of depth and texture and is very smooth. The bass is very controlled and has deeper impact. Most importantly, the music is very organic and realistic.

I am due a silver venom from Frank. :) I'll let you know what I think in terms of sig and SQ between the two Venoms when I receive it.

Please note that my copper venom is an iem cable and I listen through Fitear customs. :)

Your description of the Copper Venom's sound is spot on!

The Copper Venom is a near- perfect match for the HD800 and the HE-6. For "warm" or "dark" headphones like the LCD2/3, the Silver Poison or Silver Widow is a better match.

I had little adaptors made that allow me to swap cables between different cans before committing to buy. Useful and money-saving gadgets!

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #7,028 of 10,312
I use the Copper Venom with the 4-pin XLR connector on the HE-6 and HE-560 and it works phenomenally well.

I have never used the Black Widow. Would you care to enlighten me on the difference?

THANK!

I still dont have my venom yet..kiats has both (4wire versions) and he explained the diffrences already.
I love my bw a lot..doesnt siund like any other copper cable from other brands i heard... as i said before..my new 8wire copper venom better be better..as hearing how natural my specific custom bw sounds its almost unbelievable if that can be bettered..i have to say though..i went up from 4wire bw to this monster..and it was much better in every way: bass more controlled and faster, sounstage increased..music got more organic..less digital..treble stayed more or less tge same..midrange improved also..especially the lower female voices..

. could be because of dual mono concept or the 8wires or the xlr connectors with hollow rodium plated pins..dont know..but it delivers...and it looks so yummy..like two fat black snakes coming out of ur headphone and still is on the right side of 400gbp. :wink:

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #7,029 of 10,312
Hi guys. Is the Copper Venom the best cable for HD800 and HE6? Or are there better choices? I am looking to minimise the stridency of both cans and maximising bass response, whilst retaining soundstage and not losing too much detail. 

I am currently using the Silver Poison with the HE-6 and it has less perceivable bass than the stock cables. I also have the Endorphin SAA for the HD800 but it has broken down (no sound coming out from it) so I am looking at Frank's cables which are better built.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #7,030 of 10,312
Hi guys. Is the Copper Venom the best cable for HD800 and HE6? Or are there better choices? I am looking to minimise the stridency of both cans and maximising bass response, whilst retaining soundstage and not losing too much detail. 

I am currently using the Silver Poison with the HE-6 and it has less perceivable bass than the stock cables. I also have the Endorphin SAA for the HD800 but it has broken down (no sound coming out from it) so I am looking at Frank's cables which are better built.

Thanks!

the copper venom rc4 (4wire) or the 8wire copper venom..but more affordable and also very very very good:..a 8wire 22awg BLack Widow..bass is very good but best thing: it keeps (and improves) the best Atributes of the he6 and hd800, those are not muffeled as with lots of other regular copper cables...
As second choice u coukd go for a mix...the virus is a very good midrange (25awg) hybrid cable with the qualitites of a silver and copper cable..
But most favorite for the he6 or hd800 would be the ones i mentioned above. The venoms and the BW...as they give more flesh to the bones in the music.

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #7,031 of 10,312
the copper venom rc4 (4wire) or the 8wire copper venom..but more affordable and also very very very good:..a 8wire 22awg BLack Widow..bass is very good but best thing: it keeps (and improves) the best Atributes of the he6 and hd800, those are not muffeled as with lots of other regular copper cables...
As second choice u coukd go for a mix...the virus is a very good midrange (25awg) hybrid cable with the qualitites of a silver and copper cable..
But most favorite for the he6 or hd800 would be the ones i mentioned above. The venoms and the BW...as they give more flesh to the bones in the music.

+1

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #7,032 of 10,312
It's Christmas time......

Black Widow USB cable

HD600 Silver Poison in RSA

Black Widow with trans black PE sleeved for AKG 240 II

The new carbon fiber plug and adapter

8 wires 4 pins XLR balanced Virus with silky sleeved for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog and 8 wires adapter cables for RSA and single-ended. These are really soft!

And a couple of LOD USB cables. Those were several orders and shipped in once at a time due to some reasons.Off course it's a long wait, but reasonable. I look at these cables, thinking if it's me to make these and how long I might wait to myself, I just appreciate there's a man called Frank on earth and I can get all the great stuff simply order and wait. I just receive those and honestly I really get addicted to this hobby. "what should I get for my LCD2/HD800/any CIEM?", really non-stop conversations in my head. All thanks to good Frank himself! Bon Voyage, Frank! I salute your great works and I'll see you soon after you're back!

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #7,033 of 10,312
Did i charge you extra for the silk, if so remind me to refund you when i get back for that, as i am doing it same price as a offer while i am away, so not fair you paying more, when you only just received the cable while the offer is running.

I will be in the middle of the ocean this time tomorrow. Will need your guys help, i ave shipped as many cables as i could and only a handful are left, many are ones that had adapters with them, some i shipped without this and will ship rest when i get back, rest i will have to do when i get back.

I will have my staff see if he can email all those that did not make it, these will be done the same week i get back, i will also give a free retermination to each of those customers, so when you change headphones/amp, no need for new cable.

If you notice anyone asking, please do let them know i am away, would be a great help.

Please remember to ingore those that could start an argument on the thread, would not want it getting locked and keep the thread alive.

Have a great summer guys, luv ya all.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #7,034 of 10,312
Did i charge you extra for the silk, if so remind me to refund you when i get back for that, as i am doing it same price as a offer while i am away, so not fair you paying more, when you only just received the cable while the offer is running.

Hey frank..ur last name isnt claus right???? As what i just read was almost like christmas gift giving...frank..i said it many times..and i do it again..ur to much..if i ever meet u in real i would be honoured to shake such a honest and nice guy like u... As NOT one other supplier would do what u just did! But it shows how high u have ur customers..and on top of that u said that, if i am not mistaken, that all orders placed in ur absense, that the postage will be free... Damn frank..ru trying to get us dably hooked on toxic or something? Oops some of us already are..and u dont even need to force urself to do that :D

Once again..What...not ready to go on holiday? What ru doing here? Hope ur not working mister!!.get ur suitcases ready instead of working dude! Or ur wife will slap u bigtime with ur own snakes.. :D

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #7,035 of 10,312

I will be in the middle of the ocean this time tomorrow. Will need your guys help, i ave shipped as many cables as i could and only a handful are left, many are ones that had adapters with them, some i shipped without this and will ship rest when i get back, rest i will have to do when i get back.

I will have my staff see if he can email all those that did not make it, these will be done the same week i get back, i will also give a free retermination to each of those customers, so when you change headphones/amp, no need for new cable.

If you notice anyone asking, please do let them know i am away, would be a great help.

Please remember to ingore those that could start an argument on the thread, would not want it getting locked and keep the thread alive.

Have a great summer guys, luv ya all.

Have a good hols, Frank! We'll behave while you are gone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back