<title deleted>
Oct 6, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #76 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay I take that back. You're too amusing to ignore. You've got to be kidding. Asr started the thread to discuss his experience with cable burn-in. He asked doubters not to post here because not everyone who wants to talk about burn-in wants to argue with overzealous trolls in EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON BURN-IN. The OP sets the topic, not the stressed-out hero whose misguided mission prevents him from respecting the requests of others. You are not saving anyone. Go take your medicine.

AMEN!!!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #77 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny, they call me the troll, and they're the ones that involve things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

See what happened? It's like a law of nature... Judging by the sudden increase in the intensity and the frequency of name calling it would seem that we did hit a nerve with our comments...
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #78 of 260
Quote:

Okay I take that back. You're too amusing to ignore. You've got to be kidding. Asr started the thread to discuss his experience with cable burn-in. He asked doubters not to post here because not everyone who wants to talk about burn-in wants to argue with overzealous trolls in EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON BURN-IN. The OP sets the topic, not the stressed-out hero whose misguided mission prevents him from respecting the requests of others. You are not saving anyone. Go take your medicine.

You can't post about something in a public forum, and expect to block anyone's thoughts on the matter from it. If they want to do that, they should create their own forums, so they can ban people like me, and live in their own little world.

I only mentioned my migraine because I do not want to attack anyone personally, and I didn't want my posts to come off like that.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #79 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't post about something in a public forum, and expect to block anyone's thoughts on the matter from it.

there's a thing called civility and appropriate behavior. when someone starts a thread to discuss a subject and people come in and pollute that thread with unrelated posts (thread crapping), that is not right. that is what you and others do. it has nothing to do with quieting voices or keeping out certain viewpoints. you guys have your little agenda and that's it.

this is all you people do. one person starts a thread and asks whether someone has used product A because they are thinking about buying it or have already bought it and then you come in and say don't buy product A because even though you have never tried it and have no experience with any related products, you know for a fact that it will not work, and maybe you post a link or two that no one will read.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #80 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's a thing called civility and appropriate behavior. when someone starts a thread to discuss a subject and people come in and pollute that thread with unrelated posts (thread crapping), that is not right. that is what you and others do. it has nothing to do with quieting voices or keeping out certain viewpoints. you guys have your little agenda and that's it.

this is all you people do. one person starts a thread and asks whether someone has used product A because they are thinking about buying it or have already bought it and then you come in and say don't buy product A because even though you have never tried it and have no experience with any related products, you know for a fact that it will not work, and maybe you post a link or two that no one will read.

This thread is not about personal experience with burn in or a request for impressions concerning a product OP is thinking of buying: it is called, if you recall, "Holy crap, cable burn-in is real!" This thread is about a claim: it says that something is the case, and it says so in an unqualified, emphatic manner.

Now imagine that I start a thread called "Headroom amps are junk and a waste of money!" and begin my first post with "First of all, those who are just going to say Headroom amps are good, please don't post in this thread" would you expect people to respect that request? This is, of course, a rhetorical question.

The OP could make more exotic requests of other posters as well, like, for example, "you can only post in this thread if you're sitting naked in front of your computer wearing socks on your ears" - except nobody would respect such a request, naturally. In other words, the OP has some power of determining what will be discussed in the thread and what will not be discussed, but if he/she makes absurd, unreasonable requests these requests are not going to be respected. The OP of this thread had made an unreasonable request.

And while we're on the subject of "civility and appropriate behavior" - wasn't it you who was poking fun at another person's migraines and calling all skeptics "anal" just a moment ago? Have you ever had a migraine? Do you know what it feels like? It is *ludicrous* that you are now talking about civility and good behavior.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #81 of 260
seriously, why do cable threads always end up being the crappiest on head-fi? poor cables, they just try to get from A to B with no drama...

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #82 of 260
Wow, some people really have a big ego.

They think THEY can tell people who CAN and CAN'T post in a PUBLIC forum.

And then just run around and insult anyone who disagrees with them.

I'd hate to see how these people fair in real life.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #84 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by fwojciec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now imagine that I start a thread called "Headroom amps are junk and a waste of money!" and begin my first post with "First of all, those who are just going to say Headroom amps are good, please don't post in this thread" would you expect people to respect that request? This is, of course, a rhetorical question.

Nice try. A better example would have been a thread where someone wanted to talk about his experiences with HeadRoom's products but anticipated some HeadRoom detractors would come barging into his thread to tell him Ray Samuels is better, so he asked, in advance, making the mistake of believing the HeadRoom detractors would be capable of showing some respect, that they not post in his thread.

You're right though, it was a stupid request. The burn-in nonbelievers are like wild baboons who can't control themselves, breaking into houses and flinging poo because damnit, they take their topics where they want.

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #85 of 260
Quote:

The burn-in nonbelievers are like wild baboons who can't control themselves, breaking into houses and flinging poo because damnit, they take their topics where they want.

Sweet line
tongue.gif
Thanks for the chuckle.

There'll always be ay-ayers and nayers spouting their opinions. Threads without different points of views won't be as interesting, I think.

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #86 of 260
Quote:

Nice try. A better example would have been a thread where someone wanted to talk about his experiences with HeadRoom's products but anticipated some HeadRoom detractors would come barging into his thread to tell him Ray Samuels is better, so he asked, in advance, making the mistake of believing the HeadRoom detractors would be capable of showing some respect, that they not post in his thread.

You're right though, it was a stupid request. The burn-in nonbelievers are like wild baboons who can't control themselves, breaking into houses and flinging poo because damnit, they take their topics where they want.

OK, fine, but why do you need to call people names? Do you think that describing a group of people as "wild baboons" somehow makes the *claim* they are making about the reality of cable burn-in less valid? How about speaking about the claim, not about the (supposed) characteristics of the people who make it? One does not win debates by means of ad hominem attacks - ad hominem attacks are just evidence of the impotence of your arguments.

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #87 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Threads without different points of views won't as interesting, I think.

Agreed on this particular point: "strife is justice" as a philosopher had said.

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #88 of 260
to be true, OverlordXenu is probably one of the biggest forum troll on headfi. just check his recent posts. When ever someone share their personal experience toward cable, headphone, or what ever it is, regardless he has tried it or not.. he has to make his personal commend and change that person's personal experience.

On another post when we are discussing the new ATH headphones, he just has to drop in and call us weeaboo.
it also happened on one of the "what anime are you watching right now forum"
since when our interest bothers and give you the right to insult us?
Not exactly a pleasant person to deal with
================================================== =================
but anyway, I am not sure if there are a big difference when cable are burned in...
I mean, I heard a difference when I got my first new silver cable, but after that, I bought almost all of my cable used... mix with a new source or new amp along the way... so I really don't know anymore

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #90 of 260
Back on topic:

Quote:

Holy crap, cable burn-in is real!

No it ain't!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back