<title deleted>
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #31 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you don't believe in it, then just leave it at that.

actually in my statement anywhere did I say I do not beleive it?? I simply asked a question about what about the cable changes during the useage process that leads to improved sound. Thats it, I wish to understand it like I understand speaker breakin or even amp break in/burn in.

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #33 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conductivity in silver is even better then in gold;
Silver 1.59 Best
Copper 1.72
Gold 2.44
Aluminum 2.84
Zinc 5.8
Platinum 10.0
Steel 10.4
Tin 11.5 Worst

But... but... but these tables mean that my wire coat hanger isn't as good as your silver cables! Heresy
very_evil_smiley.gif
!

PS--Someone is going to take me literally, so... this is supposed to be sarcastic. I'm a cable believer.

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #35 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But... but... but these tables mean that my wire coat hanger isn't as good as your silver cables! Heresy
very_evil_smiley.gif
!

PS--Someone is going to take me literally, so... this is supposed to be sarcastic. I'm a cable believer.

Well, nobody said it to me, i red it.To be sarcastic.
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #36 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a thought: Could it not be the whole system (components in the amp for instance) readjusting to the new situation that inserting a different cable creates?

It has something to do with capacitance, resistance and damping factor. It is known, that when the damping factor changes, the frequency responce also changes. The lower the capacitance, the better. resistance is not so much recognized for the sound of a cable but has alot to do with the damping factor, wich has alot to do with how the amp can perform and how it actually sounds through the system.

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #37 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, nobody said it to me, i red it.To be sarcastic.
wink.gif

Oh, by the way, the PS wasn't directed at you... I just figured that someone out there would take it literally.

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #38 of 260
I definitely believe in speakers/amp/armature burn-in, currently I'm on the fence on the cable burn-in but I'll know for sure once I finish burning my new Qables 1/4 to mini silver cables. They were sounding cold and sibilant with shallow bass earlier but now it seems like theres more punch low end. The sibilance is still there and quite strong but I have approximately another 40-80 hours to go before these are burned in according to Qables.

Cheers,

Donny

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #39 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnyhifi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely believe in speakers/amp/armature burn-in, currently I'm on the fence on the cable burn-in but I'll know for sure once I finish burning my new Qables 1/4 to mini silver cables. They were sounding cold and sibilant with shallow bass earlier but now it seems like theres more punch low end. The sibilance is still there and quite strong but I have approximately another 40-80 hours to go before these are burned in according to Qables.

Cheers,

Donny

For burning in silver interconnects, I would suggest you use a dedicated cable cooker. Qables offers this service using one of the most state-of-the-art equipment in the market. If you want to buy one, the FryBaby can be something more affordable than the Audiodharma.

Silver takes a long time to really shine. And cooking will help at lot.

F. Lo

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #40 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, those who are just going to say cable burn-in can't or doesn't exist, please don't post in this thread.

Yes sir, Mr. Censor, sir! I assume, however, that it is OK to pretend that you believe in cable burn-in and make sarcastic comments that way
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #41 of 260
I just changed my interconnect from Valkyrja to Valhalla and it sounds very quiet, is it normal? The Valhalla had been left unused for 1 and half months and now it sounds a dB quieter. Does the sound get louder with burn-in?

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #42 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just changed my interconnect from Valkyrja to Valhalla and it sounds very quiet, is it normal? The Valhalla had been left unused for 1 and half months and now it sounds a dB quieter. Does the sound get louder with burn-in?

Could be, once the leakage is normal, it is constant and could be louder.

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #43 of 260
Tourmaline,
I know someone who tried gold/plated silver for I/Cs and was very impressed with the results.

I think this wire can be bought from www.wires.co.uk.

If silver/plated copper works why not gold/plated silver.

fwojciec - if you have nothing to contribute but negative/thread crapping comments do go away and play your mind games somewhere else. As you can see there are many on this thread who are inputting much of use to those who can hear (not believe) differences, which happen during burn-in.

It's quite obvious the thread/crappers are going to try and wreak their usual damage - if moderators will not throw them off the thread, it's simple just ignore them and continue our discussion.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #44 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Stuart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tourmaline,
I know someone who tried gold/plated silver for I/Cs and was very impressed with the results.

I think this wire can be bought from www.wires.co.uk.

If silver/plated copper works why not gold/plated silver.

fwojciec - if you have nothing to contribute but negative/thread crapping comments do go away and play your mind games somewhere else. As you can see there are many on this thread who are inputting much of use to those who can hear (not believe) differences, which happen during burn-in.

It's quite obvious the thread/crappers are going to try and wreak their usual damage - if moderators will not throw them off the thread, it's simple just ignore them and continue our discussion.

Hi stuart,

well gold sounds harsh, most of the time, it could be the mix of gold and silver that does the trick, since silver will soften the sound a bit.

Gold is behind copper conductance wise though.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #45 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a thought: Could it not be the whole system (components in the amp for instance) readjusting to the new situation that inserting a different cable creates?

maybe that too. but i absolutely believe - from personal experience with many cables - that the cable itself has to burn in. i found this on the upscale audio website.
The concept of cable burn-in is well known, as cables sound better when used in a system for a period of time. This is due to changes which occur in the conductor and the insulation material. New cables often have very high levels of electrical charge caused by the production process. This can often result in new cables sounding brittle, bright, and lacking in detail. These charges must be neutralized if a cable is to ever perform optimally. ... The end result of conditioning cables is improved soundstaging, increased detail, and an overall more musical presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back