Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
Jul 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #586 of 1,162
Just got in my UD110v2 that I bought from a forum member today.  I'm not much of a desktop listener, so something simple like this seemed like it'd be a great choice for me.  I'll be getting in a vintage receiver tomorrow, and will see how the setup sounds then.  I'm hoping I'm happy with the end result of the sound.  I did find the clear heat shrink around the dac a nice touch.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #587 of 1,162
  Just got in my UD110v2 that I bought from a forum member today.  I'm not much of a desktop listener, so something simple like this seemed like it'd be a great choice for me.  I'll be getting in a vintage receiver tomorrow, and will see how the setup sounds then.  I'm hoping I'm happy with the end result of the sound.  I did find the clear heat shrink around the dac a nice touch.

Should be there tomorrow bud, I hope you like. Well, honestly as long as you have two working ears, hell even one. You should love the sound that guys produces especially for the price. Be sure to let me know how you like it when it arrives.

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #588 of 1,162
I asked a question back in April, and I'll ask it again...seems the http://stoneracoustics.blogspot.com/ site has not been updated for a while (Feb 2014), and IAC, the Blogspot is quite uninformative. Seems that many of the Stoners being commented on in this thread are re-sales (amongst head-fi members).
I'm still interested in buying a unit -- is Stoner still selling them?

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #589 of 1,162
I was
  I asked a question back in April, and I'll ask it again...seems the http://stoneracoustics.blogspot.com/ site has not been updated for a while (Feb 2014), and IAC, the Blogspot is quite uninformative. Seems that many of the Stoners being commented on in this thread are re-sales (amongst head-fi members).
I'm still interested in buying a unit -- is Stoner still selling them?

I was able to get a UD110 v2 unit because the one that was gifted to me from the member here was v1 and would not, I mean would not work with my windows even when I did a clean install of windows. I would write an email and ask and or plead for them to give you an answer, they take some time to get back sometimes Because of business. But I do not see why you could not get one. If not ask about the UD120 which will be here soon supposedly from Stoner's own words.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #590 of 1,162
Jul 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #591 of 1,162
O no  it was a member of the head fi them gave me one out of kind ness of his heart he was not a member of stoner. Sorry for the mix up, and have you written him an email the people at stoner?

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #592 of 1,162
Lurked for a while, but after getting my hands on an old AKG K500 and a headphone amp I got really interested in this particular DAC. I've tried a colleague's Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS and know what I'm missing now..

I've emailed Stoner last week about what the general ETA on the UD120 was and how much it was going to cost, but no response yet. I'll tag along with this thread in hopes of hearing some news about it.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #593 of 1,162
  Lurked for a while, but after getting my hands on an old AKG K500 and a headphone amp I got really interested in this particular DAC. I've tried a colleague's Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS and know what I'm missing now..

I've emailed Stoner last week about what the general ETA on the UD120 was and how much it was going to cost, but no response yet. I'll tag along with this thread in hopes of hearing some news about it.

It took him a while to get back to me as well, and he  did give me a price, he said the new units were going to cost 69$ and that could be without shipping he did not specify but with everything they have improve and worked on I would assume that is a very good price if history has anything to say about it with Stoner's quality of DACs. Hope this helps at least a bit.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #594 of 1,162
  It took him a while to get back to me as well, and he  did give me a price, he said the new units were going to cost 69$ and that could be without shipping he did not specify but with everything they have improve and worked on I would assume that is a very good price if history has anything to say about it with Stoner's quality of DACs. Hope this helps at least a bit.

Thanks! I guess I'm happier knowing they're working on producing the things rather than answering questions already answered.

From what I'm reading the UD110 outclassed other 100USD-range DACs when it came out. Hope I can keep my wallet closed until this one's shippable.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #597 of 1,162

Do you know if the UD120 will have a housing this time?

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #600 of 1,162
It should be less than a couple months it should be august or at least by the end of it that they are released, this is of course what was said in the beginning of the summer, so I suppose things could of changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back