Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #646 of 690
Hi All,

Last year I decided to downsize my audio equipment and I sold my desktop rig, dap and iems. I've been using lotoo paw s2 dongle with my solaris og iems due to zero background hiss. Also, I like the synergy. Nowadays my new eqiuipment itch has started and I read a lot of good stuff about Monarch MKIII. I literally listen any kind of music based on my mood. Trance, jazz, classical, rock, instrumental etc. Has anyone had chance to compare monarch mkiii with solaris og? Also, is anyone using these iems with paw s2 dongle?

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #647 of 690
IMG_1745.JPG

After testing various eartips,Acoustine AET08 sound the most natural,detailed,smooth and musical of all.Everyone with Monarchs should get them.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #648 of 690
After testing various eartips,Acoustine AET08 sound the most natural,detailed,smooth and musical of all.Everyone with Monarchs should get them.
After testing various eartips, AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec II sound the most natural,detailed,smooth and musical of all.Everyone with Monarchs should get them.

:wink:

IMG_0500.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #650 of 690
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share my experience/set-up with Monarch MK III after 3 weeks of intense use.

It's not a review, only some personal thoughts.

First of all these IEM's fit my regular shaped ears perfectly combined with the AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec eartips (size MS), the isolation is impecccable. These are the very first IEM's I can wear for a couple of hours without causing any fatique or pain.
I have an extensive musical taste with the exception of opera and metal and the MK III covers all genres exceptionally well. These might be the best all-rounder in its price range.
The MK3 has extensive though not exaggerated treble, precize neutral mids and very controlled yet deep (sub) bass. To my ears the soundstage is close to perfection.

I listen to the Monarch MK3 with the HiBy RS8 DAP which is soundwise a fantastic combination and it gets even better paired with the Cayin C9 AMP.

To conclude: I think I've found my endgame (portable) music solution.

If you ever do decide to listen to metal -- they are good for that too...unless you'll become one of those people who looks for bass in metal smh

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #652 of 690
If you ever do decide to listen to metal -- they are good for that too...unless you'll become one of those people who looks for bass in metal smh
The only 'metal' band I really like is Tool, especially live.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #653 of 690
The only 'metal' band I really like is Tool, especially live.

Not a bad one to like if it’s only one you are going to like! Love their 10,000 days album.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #654 of 690
Regarding the imperfect protruding on my MKIII right unit's wire vent, I've decided not to RMA right now (but maybe later this year).
Don't wanna wait 45 days for replacement...

---

After testing various eartips, AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec II sound the most natural,detailed,smooth and musical of all.Everyone with Monarchs should get them.

IMG_0500.jpg
I've tried every eartips I have, SpinFit CP145, SpinFit W1, Azla Light Standard & Short, etc etc, including the newest one that is also the most expensive one I've ever purchased for eartips after the 1st gen Xelastec: Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec II.

Xelastec II height is actually perfect for MKIII (7.6mm on size M), it flushes into my ears nicely, seals & isolates perfectly (M size).
Very comfortable, no wobbles at all or popping when chewing, or when having some head movements like with SpinFit W1.
The longer you use it the more it fits. Built-in waxguard also a nice addition.
Not as sticky as the OG ones, but still needs constant cleaning.

Sadly this Xelastec II eartips give me too much/too forward vocal presence. I truly can't endure long sessions hearing with this eartips.
It's like the singer singing in front of me really up close & slapping her voice to my face.

In the end I always back to using FiiO HS18 (M) or CP145...
Though HS18 isn't as perfect fit to my ears as Xelastec II for MKIII (I wish it got -0.5mm lower height to match Xelastec II's),
this FiiO HS18 value per performance is so dam high.

(or maybe I just like for the mids to be more laidback)

FiiO HS18.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #655 of 690
Regarding the imperfect protruding on my MKIII right unit's wire vent, I've decided not to RMA right now (but maybe later this year).

---

I've tried every eartips I have, SpinFit CP145, SpinFit W1, Azla Light Standard & Short, etc etc, including the newest one that is also the most expensive one I've ever purchased for eartips after the 1st gen Xelastec: Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec II.

Xelastec II height is actually perfect for MKIII (7.6mm on size M), it flushes into my ears nicely, seals & isolates perfectly (M size).
Very comfortable, no wobbles at all or popping when chewing, or when having some head movements like with SpinFit W1.

Sadly this Xelastec II eartips give me too much/too forward vocal presence. I truly can't endure long sessions hearing with this eartips.
It's like the singer singing in front of me really up close & slapping her voice to my face.

Though HS18 isn't as perfect fit to my ears as Xelastec II for MKIII (I wish it got -0.5mm lower height to match Xelastec II's),

I tried many tips too (W1, hs18, sancai reg and wide bore, tri clarion, cp100, cp145...) ended up with Divinus Velvet, best isolation and comfort for me..

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #656 of 690

---

FiiO HS18.jpg
"TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A BIT IF VOCALS ARE TOO SHOUTY" you will soon get used to listening at lower level. You can thank me later.

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #657 of 690
I tried many tips too (W1, hs18, sancai reg and wide bore, tri clarion, cp100, cp145...) ended up with Divinus Velvet, best isolation and comfort for me..
Yup, tried tons of of tips and ended up Velvets too. It's become my go-to eartips for a lot of IEMs, along with SpinFit CP145.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #658 of 690

IMG_0500.jpg

What is the difference between Xelastec OG and II ?

I plan to order at some point a few tips.... including SendaEarfit light and short.... also those Velvet so highly appreciated.....and I found all of these on hifigo....but they don't have Xelastec II

I already have OG Xelastec and Crystal

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #659 of 690
What is the difference between Xelastec OG and II ?

I plan to order at some point a few tips.... including SendaEarfit light and short.... also those Velvet so highly appreciated.....and I found all of these on hifigo....but they don't have Xelastec II

I already have OG Xelastec and Crystal
Minor tweaks to the material and the wax-guard which is great to help prevent the IEM mesh guard from taking too much of a hit.

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #660 of 690
"TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A BIT IF VOCALS ARE TOO SHOUTY" you will soon get used to listening at lower level. You can thank me later.
Thanks~
In the end I give eq abit and it sounds perfect for me now~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back