Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #631 of 690
I have a question, is there a level of volts like a safety level to which one should feed such iems like monarchs? I know one shouldn't crank them insane but like what is the optimal higher level?

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #632 of 690
Reporting back I decided to go with the Mojo 2, as it was well discounted on my local store. I am pretty satisfied so far I must say.

Testing Monarch Mk3's compared to Kiwis feels like a really hard step up, specially in music. The bass is riding really hard and very satisfying, the sound stage is insane and so is separation. I actually like a bit more airy treble that they bring to the table, I guess this has always been my taste.

However I feel Mojo 2 adds a bit of punchyness to the already insane good bass, but maybe adds a tiny bit bright upfront feeling with big detail that can be overwhelming at times. But it's very versitale with DSP and this can be regulated by reducing some top frequencies.

I don't really know yet when to use crossfeed option, but will test it more in the following days. All together I am very satisfied and the experience has been my end game.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #633 of 690
Reporting back I decided to go with the Mojo 2, as it was well discounted on my local store. I am pretty satisfied so far I must say.

Testing Monarch Mk3's compared to Kiwis feels like a really hard step up, specially in music. The bass is riding really hard and very satisfying, the sound stage is insane and so is separation. I actually like a bit more airy treble that they bring to the table, I guess this has always been my taste.

However I feel Mojo 2 adds a bit of punchyness to the already insane good bass, but maybe adds a tiny bit bright upfront feeling with big detail that can be overwhelming at times. But it's very versitale with DSP and this can be regulated by reducing some top frequencies.

I don't really know yet when to use crossfeed option, but will test it more in the following days. All together I am very satisfied and the experience has been my end game.
Happy for you mate! Congrats on the new shiny. May Rob Watts’ ballz bring you lots of happiness 😂

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #634 of 690
Has anyone tried running the Monarch II or III through an Ipod? If so how is the noise floor and quality of sound?

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #635 of 690
Has anyone tried running the Monarch II or III through an Ipod? If so how is the noise floor and quality of sound?
I can try my ipod shuffle from millenia ago, I should have 2 I hope they still charge lol

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #636 of 690
I can try my ipod shuffle from millenia ago, I should have 2 I hope they still charge lol
That would be cool. Hopefully they still work. I cant find my old ipod to try it out.

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #637 of 690
Finally mine has arrived. :musical_note:

MMKIII + Spinfit W1.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #638 of 690
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share my experience/set-up with Monarch MK III after 3 weeks of intense use.

It's not a review, only some personal thoughts.

First of all these IEM's fit my regular shaped ears perfectly combined with the AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec eartips (size MS), the isolation is impecccable. These are the very first IEM's I can wear for a couple of hours without causing any fatique or pain.
I have an extensive musical taste with the exception of opera and metal and the MK III covers all genres exceptionally well. These might be the best all-rounder in its price range.
The MK3 has extensive though not exaggerated treble, precize neutral mids and very controlled yet deep (sub) bass. To my ears the soundstage is close to perfection.

I listen to the Monarch MK3 with the HiBy RS8 DAP which is soundwise a fantastic combination and it gets even better paired with the Cayin C9 AMP.

To conclude: I think I've found my endgame (portable) music solution.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #645 of 690
This is really unlucky. Hope you got a good luck with RMA. Usually they are very good at QC. However what an amazing piece of IEM's Monarchs are, been using them close to a month now, they are worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back