Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #8,191 of 12,550
To be honest, I could swap my last two on any given day. I probably should have put an equal sign instead of a greater than one. TFTO has some awesome keyboard and guitar work. The main thing I have against it is that it's a very characteristic sort of album, meaning you really have to want to listen to it at a given moment. At least that's how I feel about it. YMMV. I also think it's a bit uneven, both within the songs themselves and album-wide. I prefer the first half over the second, which is odd because most people seem to like the final track the best out of the entire album.

I have one other Yes album from the 70s, Going for the One. It's all right, but we're already getting into less progressive, more poppy territory. The song Awaken never quite felt like it lived up to the previous work to me, even though a lot of people really like it.

Also, I remember seeing that Mario Kart video a while ago and laughing hysterically through the whole thing.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #8,192 of 12,550

I have one other Yes album from the 70s, Going for the One. It's all right, but we're already getting into less progressive, more poppy territory. The song Awaken never quite felt like it lived up to the previous work to me, even though a lot of people really like it.

I wouldn't bother finding the rest. It's all pretty appalling. 

What did I say...

Might have left my Larks' Tongues in Aspic disk on the bus. That or I've misplaced it.
Yes I do regularly use a Discman on the bus.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #8,193 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #8,195 of 12,550
My favorite Yes album is the one I'm listening to at the moment...

I went through a HEAVY album rock phase in college - Yes, Rush, Genesis, Queen, Jethro Tull, etc, etc...

I recently read an interesting story that said the only way to save the planet Earth was to force the violent end of civilization. Only by having a massive breakdown and subsequent kill-off of the human population can we keep the Earth from becoming yet another lifeless rock circling a forgotten star. Imagine a future where humans that are tending vegetable patches growing in old cemeteries can watch Elk traveling on a broken and overgrown highway and condors nesting in the broken windows of skyscrapers. So - forget the Prius - and start learning how to skin animals, grow potatoes and make soap from dead bodies...

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #8,196 of 12,550
I recently read an interesting story that said the only way to save the planet Earth was to force the violent end of civilization. Only by having a massive breakdown and subsequent kill-off of the human population can we keep the Earth from becoming yet another lifeless rock circling a forgotten star. Imagine a future where humans that are tending vegetable patches growing in old cemeteries can watch Elk traveling on a broken and overgrown highway and condors nesting in the broken windows of skyscrapers. So - forget the Prius - and start learning how to skin animals, grow potatoes and make soap from dead bodies...

I seem to remember there's some society where the people have all sworn to never have kids and try to get everybody else to do the same, so that the human race disappears from the planet. It's like some group Darwin Award.

EDIT: Here we go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_Human_Extinction_Movement

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #8,197 of 12,550

I seem to remember there's some society where the people have all sworn to never have kids and try to get everybody else to do the same, so that the human race disappears from the planet. It's like some group Darwin Award.

That's a bit extreme, but we are overpopulating the the planet and exhausting its resources. I can certainly say I've met many people IRL that should not have been allowed to reproduce! 

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #8,199 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #8,200 of 12,550
Their names are Guess and Me, and they come from the iconic show .jpg.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #8,202 of 12,550
LOL - I was one step ahead of you on this one...
wink.gif

I actually went to check just because I thought you might do something like that. I did something similar when I uploaded Bicycle Repair Man.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8,203 of 12,550
The TV show that originally aired this cartoon was one of the longest running nationally broadcast TV shows of all time. It ran on CBS continuously from 1955 - 1984 and it won the Emmy award for Outstanding Children's Series 3 times.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #8,204 of 12,550
I don't understand any of this ****, I love cheese and pineapple. :confused_face(1):

There really aren't any foods that I simply hate, other than lutefisk or hakarl. I think Scandinavian foods are based on threats and dares, normal people don't eat such things voluntarily.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #8,205 of 12,550
I dislike cabbage in any form. It stinks and it doesn't taste much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back