Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #8,206 of 12,550
  I dislike cabbage in any form. It stinks and it doesn't taste much better.

Mmmm Kalua Pork and Cabbage....
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #8,207 of 12,550
I don't understand any of this ****, I love cheese and pineapple.
confused_face(1).gif

There really aren't any foods that I simply hate, other than lutefisk or hakarl. I think Scandinavian foods are based on threats and dares, normal people don't eat such things voluntarily.

Taking off the internet persona for a second, the only thing I really do mind (lutefisk is pretty bad) is Taro root (and their variants), and bitter melon. 

/Internet persona back on

Cheese sucks.

I dislike cabbage in any form. It stinks and it doesn't taste much better.

You'll hate master troll aka sfcardboard. He has a cabbage farm in his basement that he works with his hombres.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #8,209 of 12,550
Yeah, I can't take that stuff. Too starchy. I hate it when food is solid, crumpy and starchy. And the flavour/aftertaste is ugh. I've never had authentic Poi, but they use Taro Roots pretty heavily in Chinese/Korean soup dishes. I'm sure you'll find an example of some food that'll make me take those words back though. But for the most part, no.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #8,210 of 12,550
  Yeah, I can't take that stuff. Too starchy. I hate it when food is solid, crumpy and starchy. And the flavour/aftertaste is ugh. I've never had authentic Poi, but they use Taro Roots pretty heavily in Chinese/Korean soup dishes. I'm sure you'll find an example of some food that'll make me take those words back though. But for the most part, no.

Poi isn't solid. It is smashed after it has been boiled. Boiling the plant separates the fibers in the plant that would cause you major throat problems. Poi has a very interesting flavor. Some may find it a bit bland verging on a sour taste. Actually many people like their poi to be a day old as it doesn't taste too fresh then. Poi is a very healthy food to eat.

For some reason when you mentioned starchy I kinda thought of awa root or better known as Kava root lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #8,211 of 12,550
Oh, no, Taro roots are solid. At least considering how we use them in soups. Of course Poi wouldn't be :p 

They probably didn't it prepare it right for me then :frowning2: Tasted like death and bitterness.

Isn't Kava some sort of super-powerful relaxant drink?

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #8,212 of 12,550
  Oh, no, Taro roots are solid. At least considering how we use them in soups. Of course Poi wouldn't be :p 

They probably didn't it prepare it right for me then :frowning2: Tasted like death and bitterness.

Isn't Kava some sort of super-powerful relaxant drink?

When you grind the roots down in water yes. It's like alcohol. Makes your mouth all numb. Has a earthy taste to it like drinking dirt :p.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #8,213 of 12,550
Sep 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #8,214 of 12,550
Sometimes Kalbee Calpis is so good it's almost has the same effect. What I'm trying to get across is that I really like Kalbee Calpis. Kalbee FTW! Ooops.

I don't really like Kalbee. Calpis is good. I get the non-concentrate since tap water just doesn't taste right. Or it's just my sink. Ramune is simply over-romanticized unless you're outside and it's a really hot day. But Pocari is more practical for that, really. I'm also loving Aloe Vera drinks lately.

Speaking of sinks it reminds me of that episode of King of Queens where Doug gets on that pyramid scheme with the tap water filters. The episode where Bryan Cranston runs away. I haven't really been watchin Breaking Bad lately. I know there's a thread for that on H-F but I don't want the spoilers.

Romain > Cabbage

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #8,215 of 12,550
It doesn't even really have much of a taste? I wonder why it gets so much hate? I'm not a fan of purple onions though. Yuck.... Also not a big fan of the big peppers... Depending on how they are cooked I will like them though. When I was eating salads from Jack in the box I'd force myself to eat the purple onions first to get the worst part out of the way. Otherwise it would ruin the meal for me.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #8,216 of 12,550
Cabbage is fine. Some people just like making food into this sort of holy war and start threads on it. Romain is slightly taster to me IMO, that's all.

Funnily enough, I once tried to eat whole onions raw (for those of you who haven't read Holes...)...rather good. I fairly enjoy that now. Just can't take them cooked though. The aroma gets out and it caramelizes into this sort of abomination. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #8,217 of 12,550
  Makes your mouse all numb.

My poor mouse. All he ever did was squeak and eat cheese. He's too young to be made numb! 
tongue.gif

Funnily enough, I once tried to eat whole onions raw (for those of you who haven't read Holes...)...rather good. I fairly enjoy that now. Just can't take them cooked though. The aroma gets out and it caramelizes into this sort of abomination. 

I don't really have a strong opinion on raw onions. They're certainly good chopped up and sprinkled on something like a chili dog. I wouldn't eat one by itself, though. Cooked I think they're more versatile. I like that caramelized flavor.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #8,219 of 12,550

My poor mouse. All he ever did was squeak and eat cheese. He's too young to be made numb! 
tongue.gif

I don't really have a strong opinion on raw onions. They're certainly good chopped up and sprinkled on something like a chili dog. I wouldn't eat one by itself, though. Cooked I think they're more versatile. I like that caramelized flavor.

I also prefer them caramelized although I know they are healthier eaten raw. Not a fan of eating them on my hot dogs though. In Ahi shoyu poke though I'm all game :).

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #8,220 of 12,550
  Also not a big fan of the big peppers... Depending on how they are cooked I will like them though. 

I'm not a huge fan of large sweet peppers, either, unless they're really sweet and the skin isn't thick and papery. My home grown ones are excellent. I absolutely L-O-V-E hot peppers, though. I've got hundreds on my plants right now, of many different varieties, and I've been piling them into everything I cook just as an excuse to use them. When the season is done I'll pick what's left and freeze them. Then I'll have peppers until next year's plants start producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back