Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #7,786 of 12,550
  Since no one else will go "all conventional", I will. 
rolleyes.gif

It's early in the month still.
wink_face.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #7,788 of 12,550
Super Putin Dressed In Drag , Fighting The War On Homophobia ;')

sochi.jpg

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #7,790 of 12,550
I don't even....it was on sale for $1 USD. I hate this brand of coconut water since it tastes like sweaty balls. A different brand of coconut water I get from Indonesia actually tastes like coconut.

I am not familiar with that taste.....and I don't expect I will ever be. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7,791 of 12,550
Sep 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #7,792 of 12,550
I don't even....it was on sale for $1 USD. I hate this brand of coconut water since it tastes like sweaty balls. A different brand of coconut water I get from Indonesia actually tastes like coconut.

OH SH--  I actually like Zico (but prefer Trader Joe's own brand).
My wife won't be happy to know I like the taste of sweaty balls!!

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #7,793 of 12,550
I did like this stuff when it was available on campus:

I also liked this stuff when the Meijer twenty minutes from my house (as opposed to the one five minutes away) carried it:

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #7,795 of 12,550
^ Somebody posted that on my Facebook wall.

Somebody else posted this:

If you lit this candle, you'd literally be burning a child's wish. I wonder if anybody in the Yankee Candle factory thought that through, then decided it was so darkly humorous that they'd let it go anyway.

Incidentally, anybody here been in a Yankee Candle store? It's worse than a perfume shop. There's one in Frankenmuth River Place here in Michiganiganigan, and you can smell it throughout the court. And if you go inside, plan on whatever you're wearing smelling like that for about a month. And let me tell you--maybe the scent of one of these candles by itself is pleasant enough. Mix hundreds of completely different (often incompatible) scents together and it's not pleasant at all.

I pity the people who work there. Maybe you live close to one. I think you'd be able to smell them from your own home if you did.
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #7,796 of 12,550
  ^ Somebody posted that on my Facebook wall.

Somebody else posted this:

If you lit this candle, you'd literally be burning a child's wish. I wonder if anybody in the Yankee Candle factory thought that through, then decided it was so darkly humorous that they'd let it go anyway.

Incidentally, anybody here been in a Yankee Candle store? It's worse than a perfume shop. There's one in Frankenmuth River Place here in Michiganiganigan, and you can smell it throughout the court. And if you go inside, plan on whatever you're wearing smelling like that for about a month. And let me tell you--maybe the scent of one of these candles by itself is pleasant enough. Mix hundreds of completely different (often incompatible) scents together and it's not pleasant at all.

I pity the people who work there. Maybe you live close to one. I think you'd be able to smell them from your own home if you did.
tongue.gif

I've been in one of those stores. The scent was so strong I had a sneezing fit and had to go outside!

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #7,797 of 12,550
I hate stinky stores. Yankee Candle, The Body Shop, Bath & Body Works - any store selling smelly candles or potions & lotions. I refuse to go into any of them!

"Umm, OK dear - I'll be at the Radio Shack - I'll meet you back here in an hour."

On Miley Cyrus: She should just rename herself "Skank" - I mean c'mon - do we really need to watch yet another media teen become an adult and implode? I really do hate the entertainment industry - I would put the whole bunch of them on the B-Ark and shoot them back to Golgafrincham.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4EAmF1bZo[/VIDEO]

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #7,799 of 12,550
Yeah, all I ever saw were clips. I think the reason so many people are glued to this crap is because some authority in their lives (parents, church, etc.) told them that they couldn't look at that kind of stuff, so of course they're obsessed with it in order to "show them", even if "they" no longer even have any direct influence anymore.

The reason I say this is because my parents never shoved morality or strict rules down my throat, and if something was stupid or dangerous, instead of simply forbidding me to do it, they sat down with me and talked about why it wasn't a good idea. In other words, I came to trust their judgment because they took me seriously. They respected my intelligence and capacity to cope with "taboo" things like how sex works and the possible consequences, what drugs and alcohol will do to you, and even the notion that I might feel like rebelling against them. We had the "birds and bees" conversation when I was ten. We talked about drugs and alcohol and peer pressure and the rebellion thing as early as eight (probably even earlier). I had probably already seen a naked lady in an R-rated movie by the age of eight as well, though I honestly can't remember. It wasn't important to me. I had a cable box in my bedroom from a very early age with no restrictions. I could have watched anything I wanted. I watched Cartoon Network and the Discovery Channel.

This all doesn't mean they weren't strict. When I did something wrong or screwed up in school, I was punished. However, the punishments were almost always appropriate (everybody has an off day and overreacts sometimes), and I always knew why the thing I was being punished for was wrong. It wasn't arbitrary, and it was never "because I said so" or "because I'm an adult and you're just a kid." My parents respected me; they didn't just restrict me. They taught me to make the right choice for myself and had faith that I would do so when the time came.

I suppose given the typical perspective (NOOOOOOO! They're innocent children! Their little virgin minds will be RUINED! Flesh is a SIN! They can't ever understand ANYTHING and will get OUT OF CONTROL if you don't hover over them like a helicopter!), I should have had sex as a teenager, become an addict, done stupid things just because I thought it would bug my parents, got in trouble with the law, and become a godless heathen.

It's a miracle how none of those things happened. 
rolleyes.gif

And Miley Cyrus? I really couldn't care less. If that stupid performance had happened when I was 13, I would almost certainly have been allowed to watch it. I wouldn't have, and I wouldn't now, either.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #7,800 of 12,550
Back in 1984 I was forbidden to get the cassette of the "Purple Rain" soundtrack, because my mother had heard about the "naughty language" on it (Thanks, Tipper Gore!)  

Of course, I found a way to get it. 
evil_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back