Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #7,801 of 12,550
That's usually what happens. I know the Catholic Church banned Jethro Tull's Aqualung, or at least the nuns and brothers at the school my father went to claimed they had. My dad made sure he listened to it.

I don't think there were any restrictions on the music I could get, though. I know my parents weren't too thrilled with hip-hop (back then it was called rap--or is it still called that; I don't know much about it, I must confess). I don't think they would have complained if I'd bought an album, though--they probably just would have asked me to listen to it on headphones because they didn't want to hear it.

I actually remember asking them about rap now that I think of it. They turned on whatever music station on the TV it was they knew would be playing it and let me watch a few videos. I didn't get the point of it and never had an interest in it again.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #7,802 of 12,550
I'm still having trouble with this Miley Cyrus thing...

If people are going to buy a Miley Cyrus album only because it's outrageous, and Miley Cyrus is being outrageous because she knows people will buy it - then that means Miley Cyrus doesn't really give a cr@p about her music - she just wants to capitalize on people's hang-ups.

OK - but are the people just too stupid to realize that her skankiness is just an act - OR - is the fact that her skankiness is just an act irrelevant because the people are too stupid to realize that really being skanky is much worse than just acting like you are skanky?

The alternative is that Miley Cyrus actually believes her skankiness is art and she's too stupid to realize that people are only buying her albums because they are outrageous. But that means that people are too stupid to realize that Miley Cyrus is getting rich because people are buying her skanky albums.

I think I just pulled a muscle in my brain...

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #7,803 of 12,550
I think she just doesn't care. Some people just don't care about their legacy or what they have to do, just so long as they get money and attention out of it.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #7,805 of 12,550
  I think she just doesn't care. Some people just don't care about their legacy or what they have to do, just so long as they get money and attention out of it.

She's seen the kind of money that the Kartrashians rake in by basically being annoying but always being in the news, and probably thought to herself, "I can do that, and not have to get peed on by a wannabe rapper on film like Kim did!" 

So far, her plan seems to be working....for the better or worse of the rest of civilization.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #7,807 of 12,550
Staying with Terrytoons for the next one, this time from 1966.

Terrytoons had some seriously cr@ppy 'toons. This is Cuckooman, who was part of the supergroup, "The Mighty Heroes". Cuckooman was a weird, geeky guy that transformed into Cuckooman by going into a cuckoo clock and changing into his costume. However, unlike the rest of "The Mighty Heroes", he doesn't really seem to have any superpowers other than being able to fly by flapping his arms. "The Mighty Heroes" was only made for one season of 21 episodes and was part of the CBS "Mighty Mouse Playhouse"

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #7,808 of 12,550
Has anyone else notice that no male celeb does this wildout schiit that the female counterpart does... except for..... Beiber?? Just saying.

Bieber attempting to attack a paparazzi.....and being effortlessly held back by his bodyguard. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #7,812 of 12,550
We, as in Argy, mice and I, need to time it so all three of us post back to back to back for the ppg trio. lol

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today!

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #7,814 of 12,550
  Now we just need somebody to be Blossom. C'mon, Twink, you said you like the PPGs. We need somebody to complete the set.

Well I would have, but that freedom-os-using beatnik ragamuffin beat me to the punch.

I faintly remember him, along with Space Ghost......but I didn't watch either of them really.

It always got awkwardly erotic once he turned on the sonic vibrator ray his power band...

...no? Just me?

It's probably filtering the words that are in there like Hawaii...

Hawaii - the most decadent and offensive out of all the words in the English language.

And BTW, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! COPY AND PASTE ACTUALLY WORK PROPERLY IN THE REPLY BOX NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new rich editor is great. Looks consistent. Vomits out BBE code that isn't an awful jumble, or weird whitespaces when you drag things around. Tried old rich with the first compilation post - a disaster. 

But I would recommend learning BBE. Heck some forums allow nothing but BBE.

I miss TwinQY. Already. I know he said he might not be on for a while because he was conquering the world doing some work on his network, but still. There's a lot less bantering back and forth about Bach and pineapples and cheese and the mysterious guys in dark suits, and that makes Argyris sad. 
frown.gif

Plus, he missed the conclusion of the Z-man saga. I know he's going to be disappointed he didn't get his last two cents in before that whole thing blew up.

And speaking of people who are MIA, has anybody seen Bowei? His posting has slowed to a crawl and he hasn't been in here for ages. jgray91 and MrViolin have fallen off the map, too.

I feel like some weird shepherd dog or something because I want the whole herd here all the time, and it's always me who points out when people haven't been around for a while.

It still might be a bit spotty at times. Right now I'm piggybacking off of a borrowed wireless router. Real nice of the neighbours. The new one still hasn't come in yet. There's a lot of pieces, with a bunch of fancy doodads that I've not had for home use since forever. Then I'll have to set it all up. Been using the same OpenWrt setup for years. Forgot half of what I did. Might take a while (1-2 weeks).Otherwise I'm using a public terminal for my internet needs. I've been catching up on the typical reading here. Stopped using passwords for this site and kept to using the same backed-up cookie file so as keep myself from logging onto other machines.

The Z did not disappoint. A bit anticlimatic if I have to nitpick. Didn't like the soundtrack, and the visual effects could have been a bit more polished. 7/10.

Panda is hiding from the lube. Spamda is studying (but not in Australia as he would want you to believe). 

You sick shepherds and your delusional cheese fetishes.

My wife won't be happy to know I like the taste of sweaty balls!!

k701smile.gif
size]
size]

Has anyone else notice that no male celeb does this wildout schiit that the female counterpart does... except for..... Beiber?? Just saying.

When did it become a counterpart? 
confused.gif

We, as in Argy, mice and I, need to time it so all three of us post back to back to back for the ppg trio. lol

Looks like you three need a foil, an unsung hero, someone to keep the fragile balance in check. I can comply.

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #7,815 of 12,550
  Looks like you three need a foil, an unsung hero, someone to keep the fragile balance in check. I can comply.

Well, since you're actually responsible for the creation of us Powerpuff Girls, we appreciate you joining us, Mojo. In fact, you happen to be both our brother and our father, since you were created at the same time as we were when you caused the Professor to accidentally add some Chemical X to our mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back