The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #85,696 of 89,821
Only if people want their posts moved. Otherwise we'd respect their intentions to post where they want and leave them as is.
Of course. I was thinking more in terms of an anchor page with links to the relevant posts.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #85,697 of 89,821
For foam, I love the Hifogo Render tips, so comfortable yet holds an Xe6 on an EA Code 23 (talk about weight). For silicone tips, the Penon Liqueur tips will do the same.

Monachaa is so speedy it can keep up with everything. The only dead giveaway that they're DDs is the coherence, otherwise you'd believe they were well tuned BAs or ESTs mixed in.
In that case, a follow-up on the coherency! :)
Can you describe how these 4 DDs are sounding together in unison (or lack thereof) to you?

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #85,698 of 89,821
@emdeevee am I asking too much for you to not do a review of Monachaa?

Temptation is real 🙃
Yes sir, I am working on it, should be done soon!

But suffice it to say, after having it for 2 weeks for review, I did go out and purchase one! That is the first time that's happened!

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #85,699 of 89,821

Temptation is real 🙃

FYI when I was given the Monachaa tour unit from Oriolus JP directly they included a memo which basically said it needs power to shine and Sony players specifically were singled out as not being good enough. Their words. I didn’t have the 1z at the time so no comment from me there.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #85,700 of 89,821
In between my listening sessions, I managed to smoke 3 racks of baby back ribs! Multitasking!
1000019278.jpg
1000019313.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #85,701 of 89,821
FYI when I was given the Monachaa tour unit from Oriolus JP directly they included a memo which basically said it needs power to shine and Sony players specifically were singled out as not being good enough. Their words. I didn’t have the 1z at the time so no comment from me there.
Just add the PB5 to the Sony and you're golden 😁

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #85,703 of 89,821
I’ve been on the go continuously in multiple cities over the last 24 hours. Haven’t charged this baby since yesterday morning. Get a load of that battery life. I listen exclusively in direct source mode as it sounds great and I’m discovering I have a fetish for simplicity.

IMG_1065.jpeg

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #85,704 of 89,821
First look at the Pilgrim Noir from Effect Audio's Instagram.
1000019007.jpg
1000019008.jpg

Maybe someone at CJ can provide more insight but that cable is a little reminiscent of the TS-316's (except black) which is easily the worst stock cable I've ever seen. That said, it could also be a paracord material similar to what they use for wired gaming mice.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #85,705 of 89,821
In between my listening sessions, I managed to smoke 3 racks of baby back ribs! Multitasking!
Beautiful smoke rib you have made. I bought a charcoal smoker many years ago, and never use it, not even once. I need to smoke some salmon and rib this year!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #85,706 of 89,821
Maybe someone at CJ can provide more insight but that cable is a little reminiscent of the TS-316's (except black) which is easily the worst stock cable I've ever seen. That said, it could also be a paracord material similar to what they use for wired gaming mice.

I don't think that's the cable it will be shipping with, as they've already stated that it will come with a customized Eros S, which is my favorite cable from their Signature Series.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #85,707 of 89,821
I'd feel safe wagering that folks spending $1k+ on a set of IEMs are also likely rolling lots of cables and tips.
Sure. Some. I mean tip rolling for sure, but not everyone plays the cable rolling game. It's quite overpriced. Tip rolling vs cable rolling is not an apple's to apples comparison anyway. And regardless, what does that have to do with brands not presenting their boutique products the way they want them to sound? Why would anyone want to excuse a brand selling kilo and multi-kilobuck IEMs from providing a cable that gives it the sound they want?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #85,709 of 89,821
Ah, well that's probably a good thing since that one looks like it ain't too ergonomic.

Agreed. Thankfully, I think we're spared that discomfort. :smile:

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #85,710 of 89,821
For foam, I love the Hifogo Render tips, so comfortable yet holds an Xe6 on an EA Code 23 (talk about weight). For silicone tips, the Penon Liqueur tips will do the same.

Monachaa is so speedy it can keep up with everything. The only dead giveaway that they're DDs is the coherence, otherwise you'd believe they were well tuned BAs or ESTs mixed in.
I completely agree regarding Monachaa and its speed. I got my set yesterday. First impressions tonight are that the resolution and instrument staging and speed, especially with dense and complex electronic rhythm arrangements, are as good as I’ve heard. I will be trying the Flash Acoustics Thanos (thanks to @MusicTeck) and experimenting with tips to try to add some body below 400Hz, but very early impressions are intrigued and impressed.

Temptation is real 🙃
I’ll be doing one this month with the R8ii. It’s a very interesting and engaging monitor. I’ve never gotten on with EST drivers, even in the Anni23 or Odin (both of which I bought and sold) but the Monachaa’s DD sound is natural and easy to enjoy.

I find that the R8ii has the power, and somewhat to my surprise, is proving to be a very good match. Did you find the RS8 to be a fitting match?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back