The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 30, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #65,311 of 91,340
It seems he just reviewed it on YouTube:

Brilliant review @Sajid Amit I think you nailed it. I especially enjoyed your discussion on technicalities, resolution and your thoughts on the Harman curve. Thank-you for providing this detailed perspective of one of the most unique and remarkable IEMs on the market now. And thanks for the shoutout!

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #65,312 of 91,340
Great video by sajid as usual 🔥 has me really thinking about trading my xe6 for a trifecta rn 🤔

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #65,313 of 91,340
Brilliant review @Sajid Amit I think you nailed it. I especially enjoyed your discussion on technicalities, resolution and your thoughts on the Harman curve. Thank-you for providing this detailed perspective of one of the most unique and remarkable IEMs on the market now. And thanks for the shoutout!
You are very welcome! 🙏🏻

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #65,314 of 91,340
Great video by sajid as usual 🔥 has me really thinking about trading my xe6 for a trifecta rn 🤔
It really is special, but if you can audition it.
Amit did a great job in describing it, but nothing beats experiencing it. Its trully like a wave of sound being pulled over you, engulfing you with music. But you also cant ignore that there is sibelance (w/e autocorrect wont help me with spelling) in some songs.

So yeah try it 😄💪

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #65,315 of 91,340
The A18s uses all-new BA models compared to the A18t, so it’s not just the PCB/crossover that’s different. Although the A18t is brighter and crisper than the A18s, I wouldn’t say it’s technically stronger outside of the superficial clarity/attack that that brightness brings. The A18s’s lack of corporeality or 3D solidity (compared to flagships nowadays) is present in the A18t too, and so is its relatively not-guttural low-end. I’d venture to say its midrange is weaker in roundedness compared to the A18s. So, I wouldn’t say it’s that safe a bet.

The newer A12t’s are apparently much closer to the U12t than the earlier ones were; not as dark; closer to the U12t’s neutrality. But, the evidence for that is anecdotal, albeit numerous.

It’s probably a better idea to wait for Volur vs. getting an A12t/18t.
Listening to the A18T as we speak, I still enjoy it a lot. It's definitely on the leaner side but I'd say it's detailed, has a wide sound stage, guitars sound crunchy and the bass is fast. It's bright but not overly so, for me. Occasionally I go back to the brilliant review by @Tokpakorlo of the 64 audio lineup, in which he declares the U18T his favorite. Sure, many good IEMs have been released since, but for me it's a classic I will be enjoying for a long time to come.

The Volür will be a different IEM, taking the Nio to the next level. I'm curious if/when 64audio will release successors to the U12T and U18T.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #65,317 of 91,340
As always love the Trifecta appreciation! I've been forcing myself to not use it to appreciate the rest of my IEMs in my collection... 😅

On the note of that, the Traillii and Phonix are surprisingly slowly going on to my potential sell list because I really need that DD now...

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #65,318 of 91,340
Love the Monachaa…mid centric, romantic seductive vocals, great bass…like an Isabellae with better top and bottom end extension and less grain. I will be buying unless VE10 totally knocks my socks off. Listening to Raven right now. Sonically it is a home run. Like a much more coherent and fully realized Odyssey.

IMG_7402.jpeg

Next stop VE10…

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #65,319 of 91,340
As always love the Trifecta appreciation! I've been forcing myself to not use it to appreciate the rest of my IEMs in my collection... 😅

On the note of that, the Traillii and Phonix are surprisingly slowly going on to my potential sell list because I really need that DD now...

Even as a neutral head I kind of understand you guys... BCD really helps the bass in Unique Melody IEMs, it's something different, not purely BA. And Mentor has some added decibels on the low end to make it fun (and far from neutral).

But then I switch to lesser known flagships like the Tralucent Audio Ref Gen3 which has 2DD tubelessly implemented over the spectrum of 20Hz to circa 2000Hz, so pretty much over the whole bass, lower mids and roughly half of upper mids... Adding the tubelessness to the mix, it sounds really natural, neutral, holographic, AND with the DD rumble and timbre across most of the board... I love to return to this.

Craft Ears Aurum+ is also not yet hyped here with absurd value for money, diffuse-field type of lean-and-mean tuning BUT with the addition of a beautiful DD sub-bass rumble. It's also the only CIEM that is so demanding that I can switch to high gain in my N30LE to drive it. Be wary of some treble peaks.

Of course Jewel has this beautiful DD bass, and it's the only completely open-back implementation... that's why it sounds so unique!

As well as Noble Khan has it (waiting for the Ragnar)... and Odin, which in CIEM sounds much, much brighter to my ears than the OG universal... I greatly preffered the former and should have kept it. The bass also seemed strangely stronger on the UIEM, which is a rare thing to occur in relation to universal vs custom.

I do not need to coment on Radon6 :) I still wonder if it makes sense to own XE6 also, as complementary?

There is just one outlier in my collection, the infamous JH Audio Jolene. With 4 small DDs it's technically proficient, yes... but the DDs do not sound satisfying AND the tuning is completely out of whack. That's one CIEM that just lies in the closet and is NEVER used.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #65,320 of 91,340
Love the Monachaa…mid centric, romantic seductive vocals, great bass…like an Isabellae with better top and bottom end extension and less grain. I will be buying unless VE10 totally knocks my socks off. Listening to Raven right now. Sonically it is a home run. Like a much more coherent and fully realized Odyssey.

IMG_7402.jpeg

Next stop VE10…
Great, thanks for the first impression!

Can you say something about the technicalities? How are the soundstage and resolution? TOTL level or would that be too much to expect given the price?

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #65,321 of 91,340
Did you ask for the release date? 😄🤩

IMG_7402.jpeg

Next stop VE10

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #65,322 of 91,340
But you also cant ignore that there is sibelance (w/e autocorrect wont help me with spelling) in some songs.
I’ve been able to shave off almost all Trifecta sibilance through the combo of Divinus filters, JVC spiral dot tips, and DrJuggles gold/silver cable. That combo also firms up and contains mid bass and brings mids more forward. My Trifecta is optimized (and so satisfying) to my ears with this setup.
Still there are certain songs and music that will produce treble spikes on most IEMs.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #65,323 of 91,340
Did you ask for the release date? 😄🤩

November…along with the VE10, which is also a knockout. I’ll have to revisit both a few times.

IMG_7406.jpeg

Also, can confirm after all this time that the VE10 really is in fact the Pink proto from NYC.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #65,324 of 91,340

IMG_7402.jpeg

Next stop VE10…

Gorgeous!

You’ll need to double Dr Juggles it up with a matching purple splitter. :xf_wink:

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #65,325 of 91,340
Hello guys!

It's 3y now since I ordered my 64audio A18s.

I have over 20 (mostly flagship) CIEMs. And I was never happy with A18s :frowning2:

I really wanted an A18t, but when I saw their website, A18s was just launched. So I risked it. It was a mistake. It's so warm, mushy, congested, too bassy for me. I tried everything, different apex modules and cable rolling.

I'm a neutral head, however I can appreciate some added subbass sometimes. But this one has midbass bleed into the mids, at least for my ears. I understand some people may like this so I don't criticize. But now I'm anxious about ordering any other stuff from 64audio and it's time to sort this out.

So! I also asked them about this (just sent these questions today, so maybe they'll respond on Monday hopefully). But I would love your recommendations too!

1. Is it possible maybe to reverse the A18s into A18t by replacing the PCB crossover? Paid upgrade ofc. This one probably only 64audio will know, but who knows? I leave it here and will also let you know! There may be more people waiting for this option like me.

2. Does it make sense to risk ordering an A18t now that I know A18s has weak technicals for me, including mushy bass? I saw FR measurement comparisons, the low end looks the same on both, A18t is just brighter and thus more "balanced"... Some people already wrote that A18t can't hold the candle to the newest flagships like Jewel and such, some of which I already have.

3. Would it make sense to risk an A12t if I read reviews that it's weaker technically to A18t? AND it's supposedly much darker to the mostly neutral U12t since 64audio CIEMs often differ greatly from the UIEM versions...

4. Or maybe I should wait for the CIEM version of the new Volur (Nio mk2)?

I'd appreciate your recommendations.
You're not crazy. At the risk of ruffling feathers, I owned U18s and it was terrible. I swapped it with Noir and I went from a non 64 fan to a super fan. It's definately worth trying other models before writing them off. Probably one with a DD for lows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back