The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #87,976 of 89,469
Very nice writing! I just recently added the Orbit Saga 8W to my chain and immediately replaced the Orpheus. Beat Audio quality is outstanding and the sound improvement is one of the most significant that I’ve experienced from an “accessory” without changing the source or the IEM.
I wish more people could experience this brand!
Share the love with some nice picts please. 🙂

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #87,977 of 89,469
I wonder what makes you think that Moscow has such subzero temperatures in winter?
Hmm, I said you have to be more open; that's the focus of the sentence; temperatures are just figurative speech. :wink:
Russia could be synonymous with cold winters, but that's not true, or it is. If you take artistic freedom and be a bit creative,
you take the lowest temperature records in Moscow like this:
moskva temperature.png

It could be enough to say people get used to all kinds of circumstances,
that other people can't even imagine as possible, not even to say it's very enjoyable :)
The beauty lies everywhere...you just have to see it :wink:

Cheers!

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #87,979 of 89,469
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #87,981 of 89,469
Welcome to Watercooler Island, where all your sorrows are taken care off by our shepherd @Rockwell75. You can check out any time you like...
Hahaha, no sorrow at all...I enjoy it to the fullest! Music feeds my soul..Hi-Fi helps, too :)
But...thank you for welcoming me!!!
But the thing is even crazier than just vacation thing...a lot more than that :)

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #87,982 of 89,469
Hahaha, no sorrow at all...I enjoy it to the fullest! Music feeds my soul..Hi-Fi helps, too :)
But...thank you for welcoming me!!!
But the thing is even crazier than just vacation thing...a lot more than that :)
Is the better half happy with the Hi-Fi life choice though?

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #87,983 of 89,469
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #87,984 of 89,469
Is the better half happy with the Hi-Fi life choice though?
Well, it's hard to believe, but there are those happy soulmates.
It's very rare to happen, but we are soulmates, yes.

We share everything. No secrets between us...freedom and free life...
hmm, not free in that term, hahaha, these things cost a looot of money.

But that's only money...which is there to spend.

Cheers! :wink:

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #87,985 of 89,469
The PWA 1950’s is hands down the best cable I’ve ever heard. The shielding version is the icing on the cake but I would be just as happy with a non shielded clone. For my preferences it brings out the very best in your favorite iem. I haven’t heard a bad pairing with the 50’s. At this moment I’m using my 50’s shielding with the Fei Wan and having an insanely enjoyable experience. And Man! Do I miss the LX! Excited to hear the Triton and it seems Noble Audio has also made an L shape iem that I am super curious about in the Onyx!

Funny you mention it, I am also a huge fan of th 1960's, it had an energentic romantic sound, trying my best to describe it. the 1950's is a great neutral cable that really clears everything up.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #87,986 of 89,469
But to get back to the Z1R and harsh treble...perhaps, I wouldn't know, is there any?:thinking:

I posted about Audeze CRBN a couple of days ago.
It was a completely different experience from what I had with planars and DD headphones.
These headphones open up a completely new universe of sound.
I was recently considering getting the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth.

I thought I might get perfect headphones for listening to jazz and classical music.
I almost bought them, but I suddenly ordered CRBN instead. And man...did I do the right thing?

Now, it makes complete sense to listen to Jazz and Classical music on headphones.
and not only through speakers, which I preferred for jazz and classical above everything.

But now, with CRBN...it's equal...

Why is that connected to Z1R?
If someone can't take Z1R's "harsh treble," then I think electrostatic headphones will be a hard take, too.

And if it is, then they loose really, really something special if they like jazz or classical music.

Cheers!

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #87,987 of 89,469
I have officially joined the GOLD BRICK CLUB!

NW-WM1ZM2.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #87,988 of 89,469
it picks up EMI from Wifi easily

Believe it or not, I could probably live with all the other issues you mentioned. But this is just, no, I can't. :disappointed:

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #87,989 of 89,469
But to get back to the Z1R and harsh treble...perhaps, I wouldn't know, is there any?:thinking:

I posted about Audeze CRBN a couple of days ago.
It was a completely different experience from what I had with planars and DD headphones.
These headphones open up a completely new universe of sound.
I was recently considering getting the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth.

I thought I might get perfect headphones for listening to jazz and classical music.
I almost bought them, but I suddenly ordered CRBN instead. And man...did I do the right thing?

Now, it makes complete sense to listen to Jazz and Classical music on headphones.
and not only through speakers, which I preferred for jazz and classical above everything.

But now, with CRBN...it's equal...

Why is that connected to Z1R?
If someone can't take Z1R's "harsh treble," then I think electrostatic headphones will be a hard take, too.

And if it is, then they loose really, really something special if they like jazz or classical music.

Cheers!
I don't consider the treble in Z1R as hash. I never demoed CRBN before, but I demoed X9000 and I have to say that the electrostatic driver vs Z1R is apple vs orange. All music from x9000 is like being washed and cleaned, totally different experience, though I cannot say that's more realistic timbre. Z1R's treble is handled by a DD, when the treble in the music is hash, you can feel it, but I won't say Z1R has a hash treble.

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #87,990 of 89,469
I have officially joined the GOLD BRICK CLUB.
Congrats! I got one too but I don’t have it yet, it’s on the way. I’m excited, never heard a Sony DAP to date.

I also have a Hugo2 & 2Go incoming. Maybe these two sources are polar opposites? Looking forward to spending time with them and find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back