The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 17, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #89,461 of 90,413
That's a good point. I tried my OTL Versa and it doesn't fit IE900 - my bad! Maybe if we ask @Eric Chong really nicely he'll consider making IE900-compatible Versa for IE900 🤗
@tjzurlaaa @Eric Chong - sincere apologies, it seems I simply wasn't fitting my OTL Versa mmcx correctly, and it DOES INDEED support IE-mmcx connections.

Please disregard my previous comment - Eletech Versa fully supports IE900/600/300/200.

PSX_20240517_153011.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #89,462 of 90,413
According to the rep, the Pilgrim and Noir both use 1DD and 3 BA but the Pilgrim uses 2BA for highs and the Noir uses 2 for the mids. They said the Noir is warmer and has fuller mids compared to the Pilgrim. Of course the Noir comes with a better cable, hence the price increase.
My question is the difference worth almost double the price?

May 17, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #89,464 of 90,413
Any sound difference?
The Noir has an extra mid driver, an extra crossover path for said driver and a pricier EA cable.

My question is the difference worth almost double the price?
I covered this on my CJ SG post, where I said the difference in technical performance is honestly not huge. It’s a 15-20% uptick at best, to me. And, it comes with a tonal change - a fuller midrange - that some may like, while others won’t. I personally prefer the cleaner tonal balance of the OG. So, given the slightness of the tech upgrade, I think whether or not the price hike is worth it will depend more on tone.

May 17, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #89,465 of 90,413
Effect Audio Ares S
That will be the Eros S (special Noir edition). I have the Eros S AE over here and imo that's one of EA's finest cables regarding price/performance ratio :)

May 17, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #89,467 of 90,413
According to the rep, the Pilgrim and Noir both use 1DD and 3 BA but the Pilgrim uses 2BA for highs and the Noir uses 2 for the mids. They said the Noir is warmer and has fuller mids compared to the Pilgrim. Of course the Noir comes with a better cable, hence the price increase.

Noir is better balanced and definitely has fuller mids.

These were my brief notes

Pilgrim:

Dark Knight. Hans Zimmer. Somewhat congested in the low mids. Sub/low bass prominent and mids a little lost. Tuning inoffensive but weighted towards the low end. Bass a tad slow. Treble okay but not amazing, seems a little lost. An okay commuter.

Taylor Swift: Love Story. Vocals a little shorty. Sub-mid bass prominence again and thought voice not that natural, thin but bright.

Noir: Used my own cable (Liquid Links Venom). Bass less prominent, better controlled. Drums seemed a little flat. Wider, much better balanced than Pilgrim. Low mids slightly warm. Forward upper mids. Treble is okay. Has much more body to those mids and Tay Tay sounds more natural.

These were only a very quick “impressions” listen. The Noir was a prototype. Prior to this I had listened to Anni 2003 (with Liquid Links Venom) and Canpur 622B with Fusion 1. So my impressions were a little jaded. My ‘nod’ goes to Noir over Pilgrim. Pilgrim reminded me of the (much loved) Apple AirPods Pro. Don’t pull it apart and just enjoy the listen. Taken as a whole, I didn’t mind it.

Neither were for me. I wanted to buy Anni :p I can’t remember if I posted my impressions elsewhere or earlier in the thread so apologies if I did it again.

May 17, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #89,468 of 90,413
I assume you are using 2pin to P-ears adapters unless you re-terminated your PWA cable. How come you decided to get regular Pilgrim instead of Pilgrim Noir? Waiting to receive both for review, incoming soon, and it looks like the entire stock of regular Pilgrims was allocated to be sold by Hifigo only, while the Noir version will be sold by everybody else. I assume Noir will be available soon because I noticed Musicteck has it listed as sold out which usually means they don't have it in stock yet.

It's an Orpheus with ConX :wink:
It's a test set that Hifigo sent me, didn't have the the choice but now I want to hear to Noir also

May 17, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #89,469 of 90,413
Noir is better balanced and definitely has fuller mids.

These were my brief notes

Pilgrim:

Dark Knight. Hans Zimmer. Somewhat congested in the low mids. Sub/low bass prominent and mids a little lost. Tuning inoffensive but weighted towards the low end. Bass a tad slow. Treble okay but not amazing, seems a little lost. An okay commuter.

Taylor Swift: Love Story. Vocals a little shorty. Sub-mid bass prominence again and thought voice not that natural, thin but bright.

Noir: Used my own cable (Liquid Links Venom). Bass less prominent, better controlled. Drums seemed a little flat. Wider, much better balanced than Pilgrim. Low mids slightly warm. Forward upper mids. Treble is okay. Has much more body to those mids and Tay Tay sounds more natural.

These were only a very quick “impressions” listen. The Noir was a prototype. Prior to this I had listened to Anni 2003 (with Liquid Links Venom) and Canpur 622B with Fusion 1. So my impressions were a little jaded. My ‘nod’ goes to Noir over Pilgrim. Pilgrim reminded me of the (much loved) Apple AirPods Pro. Don’t pull it apart and just enjoy the listen. Taken as a whole, I didn’t mind it.

Neither were for me. I wanted to buy Anni :p I can’t remember if I posted my impressions elsewhere or earlier in the thread so apologies if I did it again.
Thanks for your impressions! Yeahh if you’re putting pilgrim up against TOTLs it’s gonna be meh BUT on its own for the price up against anything under the 1k mark it’s a banger! 🔥 I remember being super impressed with the treble of the OG.. side note- comparing pilgrim to AirPods Pro is just disrespectful 💀😂

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #89,470 of 90,413
Yeahh if you’re putting pilgrim up against TOTLs it’s gonna be meh BUT on its own for the price up against anything under the 1k mark it’s a banger! 🔥 I remember being super impressed with the treble of the OG

I know. Hence why I had to mention that was what I had (unintentionally) done. I went to audition the 622B and Annihilator 2023 … and spotted Pilgrim on the bench only after. I hadn’t meant to audition them and they deserve more time. Brief impressions only. I was more impressed with the treble on the Anni :) In all seriousness though, It just shows the brain can take time to adapt and rapidly switching IEM and impressions (like a flight at a wine tasting) doesn’t always result in the correct first impression.

I prefer the Dita Project M and Isabellae so Pilgrim isn’t really my personal cup of tea. But I respect that it may very well be popular for others.

May 17, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #89,471 of 90,413
May 17, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #89,472 of 90,413
I know. Hence why I had to mention that was what I had (unintentionally) done. I went to audition the 622B and Annihilator 2023 … and spotted Pilgrim on the bench only after. I hadn’t meant to audition them and they deserve more time. Brief impressions only. I was more impressed with the treble on the Anni :) In all seriousness though, It just shows the brain can take time to adapt and rapidly switching IEM and impressions (like a flight at a wine tasting) doesn’t always result in the correct first impression.

I prefer the Dita Project M and Isabellae so Pilgrim isn’t really my personal cup of tea. But I respect that it may very well be popular for others.
Ooff yeah isabellae is another banger at the price!! love that little bird 🦜 completely agree tho brain adapting with iems is definitely a big factor at shows

May 17, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #89,473 of 90,413
That will be the Eros S (special Noir edition). I have the Eros S AE over here and imo that's one of EA's finest cables regarding price/performance ratio :)
Thank you for the correction. It seems I couldn't quite understand the rep in the video i saw 😅

May 17, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #89,474 of 90,413
In all seriousness though, It just shows the brain can take time to adapt and rapidly switching IEM and impressions (like a flight at a wine tasting) doesn’t always result in the correct first impression.

Absolutely agree on this. I like to think of it as time to digest and contemplate your impressions . It’s kind of like binge watching your favorite shows because by the time you finish a season, each episode and story line blends together.

May 17, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #89,475 of 90,413
Original review here https://ddz-jp.com/review-qdcxfitear-superiorex/

TRANSLATION: qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” audio performance​

image image

The audio performance of "SUPERIOR EX" is born from the attention to detail in its design.

This section provides detailed information on bass, midrange, and treble analysis, staging and imaging, and performance by genre.

Analysis of low, mid and high ranges​

"SUPERIOR EX" provides balanced performance in each frequency band.

• Low Frequency : SUPERIOR EX's low frequency is deep and powerful, but never blurry and precisely controlled. This allows the rhythm section to be vividly reproduced, and has the power to draw the listener in even in genres where bass is important, such as jazz, classical, and electronic music.
  • Midrange : The midrange faithfully reproduces the natural sound of vocals and instruments. The clear and transparent midrange expresses even the delicate nuances of vocals and acoustic instruments, giving you a sense of realism as if you were listening to a live performance.
  • High range : The high range is smooth, yet has high resolution of detail, delicately depicting each cymbal crash and string vibration. It features an airy high range that is stimulating but does not sting your ears.

Staging and imaging​

"SUPERIOR EX" perfectly captures the spatial expanse of music with its excellent staging and imaging.

The placement of the sound sources is clear and the position of each instrument is clearly felt, so the dynamics of large orchestras and live performances are realistically reproduced.

This imaging accuracy helps you understand music more deeply.

Performance by genre​

SUPERIOR EX is highly versatile and can be adapted to a variety of music genres.

It faithfully reproduces powerful drums and vivid guitar solos in rock and pop music, and the rich orchestral harmony and delicate interplay of a jazz trio in jazz and classical music.

In electronic music and hip-hop, the depth and punch of the low end emphasizes the rhythm and gives the music a sense of energy.

With these characteristics, "SUPERIOR EX" provides a diverse musical experience and demonstrates its quality in any listening environment.

By understanding the characteristics of each type of music, you can bring out the best out of it.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” competitive comparison and market positioning​

image image

SUPERIOR EX occupies a unique position in the high-quality audio market.

This section provides a detailed analysis of how SUPERIOR EX is positioned in the market, as well as a comparison with competitors' products.

Comparison with competitors' products​

There are many high-quality earphones on the market that SUPERIOR EX competes with.

For example, brands like Shure, Sennheiser, and Westone offer products to a similar target audience.

These products also offer professional sound quality, excellent build quality, and high comfort, but SUPERIOR EX specifically differentiates itself by:

• Design and Materials : Aluminum housing and unique design language give it a look and feel that sets it apart from the competition.
  • Acoustic performance : As a result of combining QDC and FitEar technologies, the accuracy of imaging and staging is particularly high, and the ability to capture even the smallest sound details is excellent.
  • Customization options : A variety of accessories and customizable options allow users to fine-tune the sound quality according to their own preferences.

Market positioning​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a product primarily targeted at music lovers and professional users.

This segment requires not only sound quality but also overall quality such as design, usability, and durability.

SUPERIOR EX has established itself as a high-end professional earphone in the market with its all-round high performance.

This product has also contributed to increasing brand recognition both domestically and internationally, and has been particularly effective in strengthening our presence in the Asian market.

The collaboration of top brands from Japan and China has attracted attention from audio enthusiasts not only in Asia but also globally.

conclusion​

SUPERIOR EX's outstanding performance and unique market position make it unique in the highly competitive audio market, giving it a reason to be chosen by many listeners.

The product therefore has a unique position within the market and is expected to enjoy continued success.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” user experience and evaluation​

image image

The SUPERIOR EX user experience is meticulously planned across each touchpoint, starting from the product's design concept and ending with use.

This section provides a detailed explanation of how users experience these earbuds and how the market reviews are formed.

Early impressions and unboxing experience​

"SUPERIOR EX" is provided in a luxurious package.

From the moment you open the box, you can feel the attention to quality and design of our products.

The packaging is intuitive, easy to take out, and at the same time creates excitement for the product.

The accessories are well organized, with each item protected yet easily accessible.

Fit and comfort​

SUPERIOR EX earpieces are available in a variety of sizes to fit a variety of ear shapes.

The shape of the earphones themselves is ergonomically designed to reduce discomfort even when used for long periods of time.

This comfort is highly rated in user reviews and is supported by users in a wide range of scenarios, from everyday use to professional environments.

Reaction to sound quality​

User reaction to sound quality is one of the most important evaluation points for SUPERIOR EX.

Listeners are pleased with its wide frequency response and clear soundstage, especially its balanced bass, crisp midrange, and transparent highs.

Regardless of the music genre, the wide range of expressive power is popular among users.

Market ratings and feedback​

"SUPERIOR EX" is highly rated on audio specialty review sites and forums.

Many experts have praised its technical sophistication and acoustic performance, recognizing its uniqueness and value compared to competitive products.

User feedback also contributes to continuous product improvement, which manufacturers use to inform further product development.

conclusion​

SUPERIOR EX has received high praise from users for its superior design, comfortable fit, and outstanding sound quality.

Together, these elements provide listeners with a memorable audio experience and solidify their success in the market.

My experiences and reviews using qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX”​

image image

My encounter with these earphones​

The first day I got my hands on SUPERIOR EX, the moment I opened the solid package was a special moment.

When I opened the box, the luxurious feel and detailed packaging made my expectations for the product even higher.

When I picked up the earphones, I was impressed by their texture and precision construction.

The aluminum casing was light, durable, and very stylish.

Feeling of wearing​

Thanks to the wide range of earpiece size options, it didn't take me long to find the perfect fit.

When you try it on, you will be surprised at how well it fits.

Even if you wear them for a long time, you won't feel any discomfort in your ears, and it feels like the earphones are melting into your ears.

It continued to be comfortable not only when listening to music, but also when watching videos and making calls.

Quest for sound quality​

The moment I started playing music, I was able to see the true value of SUPERIOR EX.

Although the low range is deep and powerful, it never overwhelms the other ranges.

The clarity of the midrange faithfully reproduces even the delicate nuances of vocals and acoustic guitars, and the sophisticated sound of the high range clearly depicts each cymbal stroke.

When listening to classical music, the breadth of the orchestra was overwhelming, and the staging and imaging were so excellent that you could clearly feel the position of each instrument.

Live recordings of jazz music have such a realistic feel that you can even feel the atmosphere of the venue, and I felt as if I were actually there.

Impact on daily life​

"SUPERIOR EX" has become an essential item in my daily life.

Listening to your favorite playlist on your way to work is something you look forward to during the day, and in the evening you can calm down and reflect on your day while listening to classical music.

I look forward to listening to music even more, and the time I spend with SUPERIOR EX has become special.

conclusion​

"SUPERIOR EX" is more than just an earphone.

Its outstanding sound quality, comfort, and beautiful design bring the joy of music to your everyday life and enrich your special moments.

It's my partner in music life, and I'm sure I'll continue to use it for a long time.

Q&A regarding qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX”​

image image

qdc × FitEar We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding "SUPERIOR EX".

What are the characteristics of "SUPERIOR EX"?​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a high-performance earphone created through a collaboration between QDC and FitEar. Featuring an aluminum housing, unique driver design, and precision tuning, it delivers a clear, well-balanced soundstage.

How do these earphones feel?​

"SUPERIOR EX" is designed to maintain comfort even during long periods of use. Earpieces come in multiple sizes, allowing you to choose the perfect fit. This makes it comfortable to wear and reduces fatigue.

What music genre is it suitable for?​

SUPERIOR EX's well-balanced sound quality makes it suitable for a wide range of music genres, including classical, jazz, rock, pop, and electronic. Precise reproduction of each range makes it ideal for enjoying a variety of musical styles.

What is the advantage of "SUPERIOR EX" compared to other high-end earphones?​

SUPERIOR EX is differentiated from other high-end earphones, especially in its design and material selection.

The aluminum housing and precision acoustic design combine superior durability with a beautiful appearance.

Additionally, due to the fusion of QDC and FitEar's specialized technologies, it has received high praise for its sound quality.

Is the cable of "SUPERIOR EX" replaceable?​

The cable of "SUPERIOR EX" is replaceable. A high-quality cable is included as standard, but can be customized with options such as different materials or balanced cables.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” review summary​

image image

Through our review of SUPERIOR EX, we have explored how this earphone meets the needs of music lovers and professional users.

The main points are summarized below.

Fusion of technology and innovation​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a product that brings together the strengths of QDC and FitEar.

The technology and innovation of these brands combine to deliver high-quality sound and a superior user experience.

In particular, precision driver design, advanced tuning technology, and a shape design with user comfort in mind are at the core of this product.

Excellence in sound quality​

SUPERIOR EX's balanced acoustic performance allows it to demonstrate its true potential in a wide variety of music genres.

The depth of the low range, the clarity of the midrange, and the detailed expressiveness of the high range all come together to provide a deep impression to the listener.

This allows us to capture the essence of any music and express it in detail.

Well-designed user experience​

Comfortable fit, ease of use, and beautiful design are the reasons why SUPERIOR EX is highly rated in the market.

A comfortable fit that can withstand long periods of use, and accessories designed for ease of use support everything from everyday listening to professional use.

Market and community impact​

"SUPERIOR EX" has received positive feedback from music lovers and audio professionals.

This product sets a new standard for users seeking high-quality music playback.

It also contributes to further enhancing QDC and FitEar's brand image and solidifying their position in the market.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” review summary​

SUPERIOR EX is a product that combines innovative technology, outstanding sound quality, and user-friendly design.

These elements combine to create an unparalleled audio experience for listeners.

Its success on the market is a testament to these factors, which will make it a reliable choice for music lovers and audio professionals for many years to come.
Oof. All that ai illustration makes my brain hurt. Not a comment on the product .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back