The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 10, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,176 of 4,701
Aug 11, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #2,178 of 4,701
To home studio would be best the pro 80? What is this Gemini stuff?

One model of headphone is sold under difference names in difference markets.
I guess one company can manufacturer the headphone and maybe(?) 6 other companies (distributors ?) buy the same headphone from that one manufacturer, but each has their own different name (and different model number) painted on the outside.
I'm "fairly sure" the insides are the same.
I first noticed the headphones in Asia listings , sold under the name Takstar Pro 80s, but I bought the one labeled "Gemini HSR-1000" (shipped from Texas importer)., another computer called Greathon also sells the same headphone.
I'm sure there are other names, just have not looked around.

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #2,180 of 4,701
I'm demoing a pair of HI2050s right now and I am really surprised with the sound quality coming out of these for the price. It's great. 

They were sent to me so I could use the shell (everything but the drivers) to mount some AD2000 drivers in. I'll be cutting them up on the inside to make them more open for those drivers which were designed to be used in a really open back headphone with little resistance. 

Anyway, considering the sound quality, for most people these need no modification at all, but the person who wants this done really loves experimenting with transplants. I will update this thread with pictures of the results when I am finished in a couple weeks. I have a couple other things to do before I can start on these.

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2,182 of 4,701

It appears that the HyperX Cloud headphones and QPed QH-90 headphones are Takstar Pro 80s with an added mic.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #2,184 of 4,701
Old news. I once tried to name all the brands Takstar OEM for and came to the conclusion that it's impossible.

LOL!

I'm sorry to report that my Pro80's broke the other day. The plastic cracked at the spot where the "fork" that hold the cup conects to the cup. After some further inspection I noticed that the other side is also cracking and is very close to breaking as well.

I can easyli say that this has been the most used (and abused) headphones I've ever had and they have lasted well over two years. I've had them standing where we watch TV and both I and my four children has used them alomst every day since I got them.

I'll try to superglue them to keep for future comparsions but with the inventory I've got now I doubt I'll get a new pair anytime soon, I'm sure going to miss them though.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,185 of 4,701
  LOL!

I'm sorry to report that my Pro80's broke the other day. The plastic cracked at the spot where the "fork" that hold the cup conects to the cup. After some further inspection I noticed that the other side is also cracking and is very close to breaking as well.

I can easyli say that this has been the most used (and abused) headphones I've ever had and they have lasted well over two years. I've had them standing where we watch TV and both I and my four children has used them alomst every day since I got them.

I'll try to superglue them to keep for future comparsions but with the inventory I've got now I doubt I'll get a new pair anytime soon, I'm sure going to miss them though.

Beauty of these cans are the price. You can buy a replacement unit without batting an eye.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #2,186 of 4,701

Beauty of these cans are the price. You can buy a replacement unit without batting an eye.

Yeah, I know but I've got so many others that I'm not sure it's worth it right now.

I was also thinking about maybe transplant the drivers into my TS-662's that's just collecting dust. 

I see that if I get the Pro80's without the case they're less that $60 shipped............................

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #2,189 of 4,701
The inteesting thing about all these OEM versions is, DO THEY SOUND THE SAME ???
Do they share all parts or just some ??

Has anyone tried a direct comparrison ??

Looking at the specs I would say yes.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #2,190 of 4,701
Just got a second hi 2050 and it is better than my first ~2 or so year old one.  The clamping force has been reduced so I don't feel any pressure on my head, but it won't fall off.  Also, it just seems more solidly put together. 

Also, I purchased a superlux 681 evo and couldn't stand them compared to the hi2050.  Unfortunately, there are hardly any comparisons between these, and I believed the hype. The bass was too overpowering.  hi2050 is definitely worth the extra $10 or so dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back