The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #2,146 of 4,701
  I received a pair of Takstar Hi2050 today, resemblance in the flesh to Beyerdynamic DT880 is almost freaky.

The headband, cup arms and overall design reminds me of baby pair of DT880 down to a tee.

These ones don't mind a fair amount of power! Is that normal?

As for the sound, they're pretty good!

Mine didn't need a lot of power but did need a long time to break in. If you got them new and think they sound good now...wait.

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2,147 of 4,701

Mine didn't need a lot of power but did need a long time to break in. If you got them new and think they sound good now...wait.

This pair only had about 3-4 hours on them, basically new. (came with a trade) 

They sound pretty good straight from an Aune T1 atm.  I've had PRO80 before so wanted to try Hi2050.

I'll probably be using them most of today so we'll get some time on them. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #2,148 of 4,701
If I remember correctly mine took quite awhile and the sound changed quite drastically over a 100+ period. I am amazed at the changes that occur as a headphone breaks-in. Far more dramatic than cables.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2,149 of 4,701
I've put well over 500 hours plus on these and they still amaze me of how good they sound. The best thing you can do to improve your enjoyment is the buy the HM5 pads. 

If I remember correctly mine took quite awhile and the sound changed quite drastically over a 100+ period. I am amazed at the changes that occur as a headphone breaks-in. Far more dramatic than cables.

My break-in time was more like around 20 hours before they started to sound really good. After that I've not noticed any change until I got the HM5 pads, and after that removed the foam on the cups to decrease the bass boominess.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #2,150 of 4,701
Been listening most of today to Hi2050.

I'm really impressed with the sound still, I especially like the treble tone and detail. It has great shimmer and presence hitting a frequency that truly gels well with me. I was listening to some Diana Krall earlier today  (Live in Paris) and the bass was well separated from the mids bouncing away with good speed. I could hear individual bass notes easily, actually they jumped out at me, that was with a rather fast track too. Now I'm listening to Sphongle and feel really immersed in the sound around me.

Another good thing is the detailing levels while remaining non-fatiguing. By now with an SHR940 I would far more than fatigued and need to stop but the HI2050 lets me continue to listen for much longer. Comfort is also great, I'm hoping the pads break in a little more just to soften up a touch. (not going to try HM5 pads on these ones. Maybe the newer velour down the road.

You really can't go wrong with these Takstar headphones. I would recommend them to anyone wanting sound on a budget or anyone really who simply wants a great can for cheap. 

Really really like them.........

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #2,151 of 4,701
  Been listening most of today to Hi2050.

I'm really impressed with the sound still, I especially like the treble tone and detail. It has great shimmer and presence hitting a frequency that truly gels well with me. I was listening to some Diana Krall earlier today  (Live in Paris) and the bass was well separated from the mids bouncing away with good speed. I could hear individual bass notes easily, actually they jumped out at me, that was with a rather fast track too. Now I'm listening to Sphongle and feel really immersed in the sound around me.

Another good thing is the detailing levels while remaining non-fatiguing. By now with an SHR940 I would far more than fatigued and need to stop but the HI2050 lets me continue to listen for much longer. Comfort is also great, I'm hoping the pads break in a little more just to soften up a touch. (not going to try HM5 pads on these ones. Maybe the newer velour down the road.

You really can't go wrong with these Takstar headphones. I would recommend them to anyone wanting sound on a budget or anyone really who simply wants a great can for cheap. 

Really really like them.........

Great one mate!

I'll be looking at getting these one day to have as my open cans. I also what to trail some mods with them. Possibly use the grille from them to create a hybrid headphone where you can swap out the cup cover to turn them into open or close cans. 

Also try these with an amp. The drivers in them scale very well with increasingly more powerful gear. You love them when your get the NX1 back.

How would you compare these with the Shure SRH940 in terms of dynamics and sound stage?

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #2,152 of 4,701

Great one mate!

I'll be looking at getting these one day to have as my open cans. I also what to trail some mods with them. Possibly use the grille from them to create a hybrid headphone where you can swap out the cup cover to turn them into open or close cans. 

Also try these with an amp. The drivers in them scale very well with increasingly more powerful gear. You love them when your get the NX1 back.

How would you compare these with the Shure SRH940 in terms of dynamics and sound stage?

I think due to the semi-open design Hi2050 have SHR940 beaten in soundstage width .At the moment I can hear samples about 1" either side of my ears using Aune T1 and Golden lion tube. The Shure aren't that impressive in the way of space and you really need to try and extract much air as you can from your source, DAC, amp etc.

SHR940 have more dynamic impact though sounding brighter aggressive. Where the Hi2050 reach their top level of detail and constantly hover around that region SHR940 will have a higher ceiling which shows when the recording asked it too or depending on your volume level. So for example, if I lift the volume on Hi2050 it will cap out in detail, (but at a more than enjoyable level), Wheras the 940 will open up like a racing car and rev harder .Despite the poor build SHR940 are one of the most detailed headphones I've heard.

Compared to SHR440 the Hi2050 sound warm, smooth, boosted in bass and a little coloured.. 440 in comparison sound analytical and SHR940 share many of those traits.

Hi2050 sound more akin to a DT880 IMHO from any headphone I've heard. but with slightly more bass.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,153 of 4,701

I think due to the semi-open design Hi2050 have SHR940 beaten in soundstage width .At the moment I can hear samples about 1" either side of my ears using Aune T1 and Golden lion tube. The Shure aren't that impressive in the way of space and you really need to try and extract much air as you can from your source, DAC, amp etc.

SHR940 have more dynamic impact though sounding brighter aggressive. Where the Hi2050 reach their top level of detail and constantly hover around that region SHR940 will have a higher ceiling which shows when the recording asked it too or depending on your volume level. So for example, if I lift the volume on Hi2050 it will cap out in detail, (but at a more than enjoyable level), Wheras the 940 will open up like a racing car and rev harder .Despite the poor build SHR940 are one of the most detailed headphones I've heard.

Compared to SHR440 the Hi2050 sound warm, smooth, boosted in bass and a little coloured.. 440 in comparison sound analytical and SHR940 share many of those traits.

Hi2050 sound more akin to a DT880 IMHO from any headphone I've heard. but with slightly more bass.

Exactly why i have a lot of the missing treble boosted in my EQ, it brings that air and sparkle back and sort of bring the sound back to life. I find the sound quite mellow with no EQ.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #2,154 of 4,701

Exactly why i have a lot of the missing treble boosted in my EQ, it brings that air and sparkle back and sort of bring the sound back to life. I find the sound quite mellow with no EQ.

Honestly, once you adjust to Hi2050 (and PRO 80) they offer plenty enough of everything.

I know if I switch over to 940 I'll notice the difference, but until then the Takstar serve up an upright listening adventure.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #2,155 of 4,701

Honestly, once you adjust to Hi2050 (and PRO 80) they offer plenty enough of everything.

I know if I switch over to 940 I'll notice the difference, but until then the Takstar serve up an upright listening adventure.

True. And unbeatable for the price tag.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #2,157 of 4,701
You should just take the pads from your 940, dump them on the Hi2050 and call it a day.
biggrin.gif

I actually have a spare set of 940 pads here (the kit comes with x2)

Damnit, *looks under table at SHR940 box containing spare pads*

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #2,158 of 4,701
Awesome. I still need to get me a set. After many hours of use, it's still stiff. :frowning2: I've tried swapping with the 880s pads (Doesn't quite fit, can be easily dislodged) and some Beyer COP pads (Fits really nice, didn't like the changes to the signature)

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,159 of 4,701
For some reason I feel the Hi2050 have above average synergy with an 5G iPod Video (straight from headphone out). Something magical happens when you pair them together. I actually sold my Beyer DT880 recently and enjoy (well have more fun) with the Takstar. Don't get me wrong though, there's no denying the Beyer was superior.

I've had the PRO80 and think for me Hi2050 is my preferred choice. I know one thing, these aren't going anywhere in a  hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back